The Golden Stream

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Mar 1, 2021.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Just finished it. Not bad. Just like the book you need to suspend disbelief.

I read the book over 10 years ago and I really liked it. They did a good job with this series.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I thought we had a thread on Peaky Blinders a while back but I'm probably mistaken.

Excellent show, been watching since the beginning and looking forward to season 6, should be coming this month.

How far in are you?

Savatage likes this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I thought it ended in a blaze of glory at the end of season 5. At least thats what the wife tells me.

I've found the binge streaming thing has a fatal defect in that I fall asleep during the second or third episode of the night and I'm reliant in my wife to explain what I've supposed to have seen. So there's always these gaps in the story arc.

abyzmul likes this.
  4. The Waterboy

They did have a few deaths at the rally, I think a couple of "deaths" they didn't confirm but may be at start of next season. I'll have to watch a last episode refresher before it starts.

Another one out there Norwegian series called Occupied. 3 seasons so far, I'm on episode 6 and pretty good if you can handle it being 3 languages.

I think the plot interests me, so for some parts that the acting seems stiff and maybe not the greatest direction, it's still keeping my interest.

Quick synopsis, U.S. is energy self reliant and doesn't play much into the show so far. Norway has developed fusion reactor that is carbon neutral and shuts off the gas and oil to Russia and the E.U.. Russia and E.U. make Norway it's bitch to get oil and gas back on. Occupation, resistance fighters, car bombs, and I expect they'll be heavier fighting coming up but that remains to be seen.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm up to season 3 of Yellowstone. Tough watch for me because I really can't find a likeable character. The closest is Jimmy and he isn't really a major character.

My favorite scene was Beth getting the every living shit beat out of her. I find her repugnant.

REVISion likes this.
  6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Count me in the absolute Beth hater camp. One of my least favorite characters in any show I've seen.

bicketybam likes this.
  7. The Waterboy

New show 6666 is in the works with Jimmy

8. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The Expanse is a good watch for people who are into Sci-Fi. Minus season 4, which I couldn't really stay engaged in, every season was at least solid. I'm wrapping up season six and I would watch more if there were more.

I will say one thing I noticed immediately at the end of season 5 was a major character being killed off, it felt like it was shoed in at the last second for a few reasons and I immediately thought the actor got me-too'd.. and sure enough he did.

#188 JackBower, Feb 16, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
  9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Not bad. The acting isn’t so great and some of the writing is horrible, but the action is cool and the general storyline isn’t bad. I had a few problems with it, though. First, every 10 minutes they have Reacher changing clothes so they can show him stripping down to his briefs. We get it already - Reacher is stacked. Fine. Move along. Second, they’re constantly showing flashbacks to the Reacher family when he was a kid, where his mother calls his brother Joe, but she calls him “Reacher”. That’s odd enough, but “Jack” is already a nickname, so it makes no sense that the boy’s mother would give him a second nickname. My biggest problem, though, is that Reacher walks everywhere, and for a 6’5” man he has an unnaturally short gait. It’s distracting. He’s taking ten steps to get from Point A to Point B when it should only take six. I couldn’t get past that.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s only 6’2” and I believe he put on a ton of muscle weight specifically for the role. So I’d imagine that’s why he’s a shorter strider than you personally like in a man. ;)

11. Sundayjack

Fair point. I was probably focusing more on his ass. But, as Reacher, he SAYS he’s a hunky 6’5”.

12. Sundayjack

In other news - I really liked the Tinder Swindler, and secretly hope the guy is a TGG poster.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not sure how your eyes can go anywhere else other than those pecs, in my opinion. But you do you Jack.

Sundayjack likes this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

15. Sundayjack

Hah. Dr. Leo Marvin!! Baby steps into the elevator. Baby steps onto the bus. A quality Bill Murray product. One of my dad’s all-time favorites.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Ash Vs Evil Dead.

Was trying to get to sleep one night and put it on figuring it was schlocky and Bruce Campbell and it would entertain me and then I wouldn't need to care where I left off when I fell asleep.

Bad call. It's like The Three Stooges Meet Dracula and I was in my fourth episode in a row when I realized I had lost half a night's sleep.

If you don't like Bruce Campbell don't bother but if you like him you'll get some belly laughs out of it that you did not know were still in the can.

Cman68, bicketybam and Dierking like this.
  17. abyzmul

Bill Murray is Ultimate Dinner Guest material

18. abyzmul

If they did this 20 years ago, I would have eaten it up. Bruce is played out to me now.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Give it a try. You never know.

There were a couple of sight gags early on that only Bruce Campbell could have pulled off that had me gasping.

I kind of had your perspective when I put it on which is why I used it as a late night throwaway never intending to go back to it.

The Bruce Campbell from Burn Notice is not the Bruce Campbell in this. This is the genuine item.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The problem is that he looks and sounds just like Sam Axe.