The Giants winning is probably worse for us Jets fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Salz, Feb 3, 2008.

1. nicolab

nicolab Member

:rofl:

too true

2. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

After The Pats scored I got that very feeling. I am like wow, I feel like I am watching the Jets. Give you that glimmer of hope then pull it away and lose the game. But man it was the Giants night, the plays went someone else's way for once. Eli, Giants D, hell the whole team deserves a /bow

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I can't stand these other Jets fans who actually wanted the Pats to win yesterday.

4. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

In my book those are not NYJ fans, I am not sure what they are... Hate is a strong word but I use it with great joy when it comes to the Pats. I hate NE and I am so happy the Giants won, seeing the Pats faces when they were walking back to their locker room as the true losers that they are was priceless.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The only similarity between what the Giants did last night and what the Jets did 39 years ago is the evil empire went down both times.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

No way. 18 and ONE!

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Dunno guys it aint the greatest feeling knowing our rival new york team beat the greatest team in sports in the super bowl it basically blows away our Super Bowl Three victory whether you want to believe it or not its over with that historic victory. Yea our Rivals who we hate got beat but by a New York Team and it wasnt us.. The Jets.. It was the Giants and to be honest it still stings either way.

8. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

So you would rather wake up to the greatest team ever, greatest dynasty ever, best QB ever, ETC ETC ETC. It's the lesser of two evils and I am glad it happened!

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

As a Jet fan,you should want nothing more than the Pats to fail miserably. Who cares that it was the Giants? They are not in our division or conference.

10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

If anything the media focus on the Giants will be good for us , We always do better when noone is paying us attention and everyone is writing us off.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I see only positive things coming from this. The Pats had several FA's take less than market deals to go play on a SB team. This loss may have an impact on future placement of FA's that doesn't favor them? The Pats have several old over the hill players who may leave? They are also pushed against the cap and have to deal with both Moss and Stallworth.

If we can quickly get the team better and prove that we have a decent front office the Pats may no longer have a huge advantage in attracting players. The benifit of being a winner in the NY market is a very good thing for the Giants, but it can also be a very good thing for us if we can get out of the basement quickly.

12. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This actually is a very good point.

13. rillo

rillo New Member

No way...i'm a life long Jets fan, and I was rooting for the Giants. SCREW THE PATS!!!!

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Gooooooo Giants!!!!!

15. ArgyleFury

ArgyleFury New Member

Giants respect

I am a die hard jet fan. I always will be, but last night was a life changing event. I have often talked trash about the gmen as being overrated and selfish me-first players. This is partly due to a chip on my shoulder over the Giants media darling status in NY/NJ while my beloved jets are usually an afterthought. However, after watching the Giants vanquish belicheat and his gang of rule breaking steroid abusing trash talking goons, I have a new found respect for the Gmen, and will always be thankful for this win.
    As for the pats, Disgrace will soon follow this soul shattering defeat. The spygate rabbit hole is much deeper than espn, goodell, and kraft/belicheat led us to believe. This team will go down in infamy with the likes of Roger Clemens, Pete Rose, and the Blacksox!!

Thank u Gmen. That said, every four years though, when the NFC east plays the afc east, its J-E-T-S baby!:pats_suck::pats_suck::pats_suck::pats_suck:

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

What part of seeing Brady constantly on his ass was not extremely entertaining? THAT ALONE was worth the price of rooting for the Giants!

17. nicolab

nicolab Member

that was sweet

18. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I'm a die hard JETS fan

I routed like crazy for the G-Men and I have not been happier about a football game since the midnight miracle. I may go out and get myself a Patriots Superbowl shirt to write "19 and ONE" on it.

I wore my Patriots Suck T-shirt yesterday.

The best thing about this is that now the Miami fans can gloat about how they are still the only undefeated team and the Pats can say "yeah but..." now let them bicker for all time MWUHA HA HA HA!

Now let's turn this team around so we can beat NE next season.

19. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

This superbowl was a nightmare... anyway you look at it.

Pats win... Brady gets another SB and remains on his high horse next season and God knows till when. The media on the Pats would be unbearable to the point of hibernation. Anything about the Patriots winning makes me want to vomit and/or punch a baby. You get to thinking... "Ok they won 3 already and this year its inevitable they are the Champs... do I root for them to prevent Giants ridicule for the next 10 years?" Hellll fucking no.

Now the Giants win... the team we share a stadium with wins the fucking superbowl upsetting the unbeatable Pats. The 18-0 Patriots... The lossless pieces of shit Patriots. You think the Jets are second class citizens now? Maaaaan it's gonna be a long decade if we don't do something with our team, and fast. Get ready to drive to work or take the train if you will... and see Eli Manning's goofy face allover the billboards... Got Milk? I'm gonna have nightmares of Eli Manning milk mustaches for years to come.

Honestly as I sat on the couch with chicken wing dip all over my shirt and double fisting beers... I just waited for my judgment to see which shitty outcome I receive out of this mess of a Superbowl. Sure it was nice to see the Pats lose... gave me a smile for a total of 15 seconds then it kicked in... The fucking NY Giants... the team we share a damn stadium with and the team I despise possibly just as much as the Patriots just ruined the next 10 years of my NFL fandom. Guys, get the hard stuff... were all gonna need it.

And I am voting for the guy who allows Jet fans to drink at birth. ha

20. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

that's every year, regardless of what our record is.