The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I know Smith has warts but I like the pick. You have to have a QB and he does have good tools. If he doesn't work out it only cost a 2nd round pick instead of a first or a first+.

Now we have competition at the QB position.

We need to add talent on offense for any QB to succeed though.

2. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

[​IMG]

3. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Like Geno and taking him in the 2nd round was a good move. I think the kid has a chip on his shoulder and can possibly light a fire up under everyone's ass.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Kid certainly can't/shouldn't learn from Sanchez or Tebow. Better off learning from what Garrard knows from being a veteran, and that's saying something.

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Hopefully Idzik is lying about competition. Gerrard to start McKelroy to backup and Geno to learn for at least 8 to 10 games. Sanchez has to be gone.

6. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Not a good pick.

7. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Smith will wear #6 and then Rex can darken the ink, problem solved!

8. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

He's definitely NOT a turnover machine. He had 44 total TDs and SIX picks throwing the ball A TON.

Yes, he fumbled the ball a lot. But his TD production dwarfs his TOs.

This guy was a great QB. Yes he struggled in big games. But his numbers can't be denied. And he ran a pro-style offense, with tons of check downs, audible, multiple sets and pre-snap reads. This is obviously a value pick. UNLIKE the first 2.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Holmes is a diva, Hill cant CATCH, KERLEY is ok but wTF is this shit? We needed weapons, Geno might start but again sucky offense for yet another season to come and more.

The problem wasnt the QB. It doesnt matter who starts with this shitty offense.

10. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

With Rex "coaching for his job," as its been said, I would be suprised if Geno didn't start by game six.

11. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Am I dreaming? People are putting this down here? He's was predicted weeks ago to maybe be the #1 pick in the whole draft, they get this kind of talent in the second and some of you are crying? Time to root for a different sport, then.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Realistically (for media purposes alone), there is a good chance we will go into camp with 5 QBs on the roster. 5. That's unhealthy. No one on our offense will benefit from 5 guys having reps.

13. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I think Sanchez will start. With the offense we have set up right now there's no way you can throw Geno into that. Right now it looks like our offense is set to be even worse than last year with crappy guards, no quality TE yet again, and still weak WR/RB groups.

We need at least one more draft to get some quality guys in there so Geno doesn't get automatically Carr-ed.

14. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

For what its worth Geno will have a chip on his shoulder

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I say cut Sanchez, let Geno sit a year and sign the legend Brett Favre to give it one last shot at texting pecker pics...

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm thinking 2 years with the clipboard for Smith as well. No need to rush him in behind a OLine in its developmental stage and no WR's to throw to. Its not like Holmes will get faster or Hill will suddenly turn into Jerry Rice.

Let Sanchez or Garrard hold the fort until 2016. Woody needs to resist the urge to showcase his newest jewel until he's ready. Kinda like that cheese commercial with the guy and the clipboard. (Checks "not ready")

17. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

So our 3QBs on opening day will be Sanchez,Gerrard and Smith?

18. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

It's one thing if people wanted a different QB or to wait until 2014. But you cannot knock the value of picking Smith here. He has all the tools and I don't think people realized how careful he is with the ball. in a high-octane offense he led the NATION in efficiency. That's saying a lot given his level of competition and sheer volume of plays. He AVERAGED 100 plays per game. That's insane. And to have over SEVENTY percent completion and throw only 6 picks on the year is pretty good.

And mind you, I have been killing Idzik all day for the first 2 picks.

19. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

This will be the first competition Sanchez will have had. So happy to see a young hungry talented qb come in to embarrass our joke of a qb.

I hope we are smart with this kid a keep Sanchez around as a punching bag until our ol is fixed.

20. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to Clausen and he never did anything about it. However, there is the story of Aaron Rodgers.