The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why would you post this? It's easy to check and it's false.

2. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

We just lost a top 10 pick tho xd

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so when he sucks against good defenses its becuse he sucks

when he plays decently against bad defenses its because of the bad defense.

so either way you can bash him. got it

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That's how everything works on this forum

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Waiting for all the college qb "experts" to come in here and talk about how bad he is.

Seriously tho, its Kerley. Having him makes Geno better. Go back and check our conversion rates before the injury. They were good. As soon as he went down, we lost any receiver who could beat a man to man match up. That made it hard for us to move the ball. I will say I liked how he got more comfortable as the game went on.

6. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

He played well, mind you it was against a weaker D, but hey he hasn't completely lost it which is good news. seems a lot better when his supporting cast is helping out unsurprisingly, and at times it felt like WR's were schemed open which gave him an easy target.

I've been thinking that as many faults as he's had in terms of decision making, technique and anything else adding a superior set of WR's will help him greatly. this game doesn't scream "he's our guy 100%", but it at least shows he's still capable of being an effective starter despite a downfall in the last month.

next week will be a lot tougher, carolina's the only team that has as good a run D as us which will put more on geno's plate... against a top 10 passing defense. wouldn't be surprised if bad geno shows up again.

7. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Having Kerley made a huge difference, and he wasn't constantly rushed. The game looked slower for him today. It wasn't flawless but at least there were no calls for Simms

8. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Took a while to bounce back, but good game from Geno. He had some poor throws that the WR made plays on, but I've seen that happen on us week after week so it was nice to see our WRs doing it.

Good for him, I don't think overall it changes the perception of Geno and not knowing what we have. Also good to see him and other offensive players having some fun.

EDIT: Also for people who think wins is a QB stat, Geno now has more wins than Mark Sanchez did last year (if you don't credit Sanchez for the ARZ win where he left the game down 6-0)

9. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

geno played OK. if it weren't for his nice rushing yards it would have been a below average game. keep in mind his only passing TD was a lucky floater that kerley happened to find, OAK secondary looked as bad as ours on that play. The INT was dreadful and so was the pass before it (lucky drop or that would be an INT).

I still don't think hes our future starter but I could be wrong

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Not going to crown Geno against a bad Raiders team. Would like for him to string together more good games consecutively.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

11. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

He played well today, good for him. Still don't know what his role is long-term because when he's bad, he's God-awful, and on a day like today he isn't great, but good enough. I've yet to see a Smith performance where's he's been the best player on the field, even for a short time.

The next few weeks are all must-win games so we get to evaluate him without garbage time influencing his stats...

12. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I really hope he can string together some good games to end the season.

13. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

He played good enough to beat the Raiders. He still made the same boneheaded plays and mistakes that he has been.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im not saying hes Brady or Luck but plenty of QBs throw that pass and allow their recievers to go get a ball. not every pass it like it is in madden. So id hardly call it a lucky floater, it looked like he was trusting his recievers for a change and letting them fight for the ball a little.

15. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I don't expect every pass to be perfect that's why you hope your receivers can help him out and make some of those catches. On the flip side your QB has to help the receiver by throwing good passes. It works both ways. And I noticed that he looked more comfortable as the game went on. His passes got better. That's what happens when you get into a rhythm, the game begins to slow down for you. By no means am I saying he was good today. But it was an improvement from the last 2 games. Hopefully he builds on this.

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This was the first time since the NE game that Geno has had time to throw the ball and like the other 4 games where the OL has has somewhat protected the passer the Jets offense came to life with 6 scoring drives.

But there was a big difference between this game and the last time that we protected the passer against NE and that was Geno. It was not the same Geno that played against NE. Against NE Geno was poised and extremely accurate. Against NE he only threw three balls (not counting throwaways) all game that were not right in the receivers hands. Against NE and for the first half of the year Geno had very good footwork stepping in to throws and because of that footwork he was very accurate. Today Geno had happy feet, was not always stepping into throws, was inaccurate and did not have the poise he displayed in the 1st half of the season.

I would not get to overexcited about todays game. Geno is not back. He is still a battered, shell shocked QB, who is suffering from low confidence. Yes today was a step in the right direction and a game he can build on to regain his confidence. But next week we have the Panthers and that could be a very ugly game for him and the OL.

Next week Geno will need a lot more help from his defense and OL if he is going to have a chance of actually playing in the 4th quarter.

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Phrase of the day is Guarded Optimism.........queue the Pee Wees playhouse gif

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What were you guys watching today?

I was there and he was awful for most of it until MM hid him.

He threw 3 balls that should have been easily picked. He missed 4-5 wide open guys by a mile. He hit a few passes that everyone should hit.

Hell the TD to Kerley could have been picked.

Honestly, McGloin looked better than him.

I have to watch the game tonite, but if this was a "good" game that makes folks think we are just a WR and TE away, then wow.

Holy cow the Sanchez crapfest has lowered our expectations.

_

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Geno looked better today.

20. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

If he does well against Carolina, then we will Know where we are at.