The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

You said IF, like there is an option.:rofl:

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

3 fumbles were recovered, dipshit. And his career compl. % is 55.1 in 2012 he had 18 picks, and 11 net fumble totaling is 29.with no OC and even less talent.

Smith is at 24. With how many games to go, loser...oh, and no playoff wins?

#6422 Hobbes3259, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And, FWIW, Sanchez,played big in big spots to get to 2 AFCCG's.

Smith had 4 big games. Week 2, threw 3 picks late in 3 pt game to control the division.

Pitt, and Balt. No more to be said.

Miami, a shot at redemption, and he threw the ball like helen fucking keller.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Geno was very embarrassing against the Dolphins. No sense of urgency.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yea, that might be a good theory, however this is no place for logical explanation. teeth gnashing and name calling is the only thing flying here

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Regarding the yards. Sanchez was caught up in the whole ground and pound thing with a stupid oc while Geno has a oc who loves to air the ball. Well at least early on until Geno started acting up.

Edit: thought you were taking about rookie season

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

#6426 mute, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The only and I emphasize only time Mark was ever successful in his NFL career was when the Jets ran the ground and pound and Schotty did the color coding. In his third season when they took off the blinders and tried to make him a throwing Qb (and a franchise Qb) he crumbled. While I fully admit that Mark is better than Geno that's not saying much. If the Jets had stayed with the ground and pound they would have been more successful. Because Mark cannot run a traditional passing offense even though he thinks he can. He should never have been allowed to throw a pass inside the red zone. I'd take the 3 over the turnover. If Mark isn't gone after this season then there are really big problems with this organization. How many years can you bury yourself under with the illusion Mark can be a franchise Qb. What a joke.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This couldn't be any further from the truth. How can starting Sanchez be an opposition to the team winning when he has had only ONE losing season in 4 years? The problem Sanchez haters is that they are act as though the QB decision is made in a vacuum. There are plenty of QBs so called "Mark fans" would love to have instead of him (i.e, Brees, Brady, Manning, Wilson, Luck, Bridgewater...erc.). The problem is these guys are not available. For 2014 given the choice of Geno, Simms, FA QB not named Cutler, rookie QB not named Bridgewater, I'll take my chances with Sanchez. While Sanchez holds the fort, I continue to try to upgrade the position through the draft and FA.

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Some are you guys are so hung up on numbers. So the fact that he currently has a higher completion % and is on pace to throw for more yards means that Geno is our best option?

10. Tom

Tom Member

I specifically said last year, but i know you struggle with reading comprehension. Even so, hes 0.4% more accurate than a terrible rookie. Thats what is funny. Geno has been about as terrible as you can expect a rookie to play and hes still keeping pace with Sanchez. Really shows how bad Sanchez was/is. People just forget.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Sanchez has a lot bigger sample size. In total his career is much better. Sanchez's rookie year was better.

If you want to compare Sanchez of last year to Geno of this year that is fine by judging anyone by how they played under Tony Sparano with no talent around him is unfair.

Geno has no talent but at least he gets proper coaching. It showed early in the season where MM was making something out of nothing but at this point Geno has lost all confidence and can't make anything happen.

Losing Jeremy Kerley completely shutdown our offense.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know you are fucked when:

1. you are comparing your QB's paltry completion ratio with that of Mark Sanchez
    2. your QB is leading the league in turnovers
    3. your QB's QBR is out of 32 player table.

=====================================================

Enough. Ok? The big picture here is, GENO SUCKS. Deny that, my friends.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If you want to compare Geno and Mark you can look atsimple intangibles. Even in his rookie year Sanchez able to bounce back, come up big in spots, show development, and was more of a leader.

Geno looks lost coming out of the tunnel, on the sideline running plays....just lost. He doesn't even show you a glimpse of what the coaches say. You don't even see the basic talent needed to succeed at this level. He is on an epic tear of futility for a QB at any level.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Sanchez is as good as gone by now, but he did come with huge promises, and he backed them up with 2 AFCCG appearances. Sure, the team was loaded to a degree, but you still have to come out and execute.

I don't think I see nearly the same level of promise out of Geno this year. Sanchez did look like a rookie often - 12 picks in 3 games, for instance. Geno looks lost in general, and his turnovers did not come in bunches; it was evenly spread out over the course of the season. 2nd round or not, he was at one point touted as the best QB prospect of the entire class - and he shows this little. I have to wonder why.

15. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The good old days

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

oh the pain

17. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

That one game is the reason he is still starting. The belief that the futility he has demonstrated since that game is not the real geno. that suddenly the Atlanta Geno will re-emerge as a savior.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

That Falcons team is so garbage, that it doesn't really even matter.

19. TSC

TSC New Member

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo5m
    NFL Passer Rtg quirk: If Nick Foles threw 50 straight INT, he'd still have higher NFL Passer Rtg than Geno Smith -- H/T to @RoobCSN

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I saw that this morning, it just shows how you cannot evaluate based on QB rating.