The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Yessssss...

Why don't they talk about this more to make fans accept this pick. Why else would he say he's ready to get after Brady. We play a 4 man front, and someone is going to get free. I can't wait to see how Rex plays these guys.

2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

In running situations we'd likely play Ellis to take on 2 blocks in passing situations we switch Ellis with Richardson to team with Coples and Wilkerson eating the pocket alive and Sapp and Barnes coming off the edge

3. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i guess the FO doesn't want to appear to have brady 'in it's (collective) head'. gamesmanship. fair enough. let the media come to that conclusion and hopefully the guy's play just washes-away all doubt anyhow.

4. Jets4lyfe

Jets4lyfe Member

No more Shitchez. This was a great move. Can't wait to see what he does.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Geno's inflated production = Tavon YAC + Stedman bailey + beating up on inferior opponents

6. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I was not a fan of Sanchez before he was drafted, remember I wanted Flacco and we see how that turned out huh?

The look in Geno's eyes when he was picked tells me a whole lot of teams are going to pay for not picking him, watch.

We now have a chance to become serious SB contenders right now, no doubt.

Playoffs bound right away.

7. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You're high if you think right now.

However, in 2014 I agree with you. We'll have the space and the picks to do it.

8. JETFIGHTERS

3 "impact" players in "one" draft? Are you kidding me, that 3 Pro Bowlers in one draft, 3 starters right away. Geno should start and I don't see why not. Look at the New QBs drafted in the past two years, thet are not holding clipboards waiting, they are NFL ready and I think sitting Geno would be a waste of time. Ask the Colts, Redskins and Seattle.
    Oh btw that team from SF made the change after one year.

Geno is hungry and very angry. He has "killer" written all over him, unlike wimpy Sanchez

Yes I said it Playoffs next year.

Wilkerson, Coples,( Pro Bowlers) Hill and Ellis
    And 3 direct "hits" in this years draft. I am estatic!

9. MontrealAlouettes

Are you really going to call these guys pro bowlers or even immediate starters when they haven't even played in an NFL training camp yet?

10. JETFIGHTERS

Yes, absolutely, no doubt in my mind. This is Abe and Ellis all over again, 3 "direct" hits in one draft, yes I am estatic!

11. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

It's unbelievable how much people are crying about this. I'm not ultra excited, either, but at least now we have a new, young, QB to watch next year as opposed to knowing for a fact the QB play is gonna be lackluster, at best.

Isn't this a best case scenario? If he sucks and the Jets have a poor season, we'll be in position to either draft one of the QB's coming out next year or trade out of the spot, if he surprises everyone and plays well, we have a potential franchise QB.

What's the sense of being negative about this ins April? He was the top-ranked player that we spend a second round pick on at the most important position in the game. It must be a constant headache to be negative about this team all the time. Chill out.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It's like a fucking hobby to some of these people. I feel for their wives and kids assuming they found someone to deal with their bullshit... or if they are 14 year olds, I feel for their... well, they probably don't have friends.

You said it perfectly. I don't love Geno, not in the slightest. But we are getting a clean slate. Isn't that what we all want? At least the people that understand rebuilding have wanted it. He was the top rated QB in the draft, we got him 1/3 of the way through the 2nd round. If we are in a position to draft a top tier QB next April, what's stopping us? Didn't stop the Panthers when they took Cam a year after taking Claussen.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

holy cow i think you overdid the kool aid today...

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

They were not drafted in the same year. Remember its puff, puff, pass ... D not be a selfish bastard!

15. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

If you're not more excited about next season today than you were yesterday, you should start watching soccer.

I try to give every player on the Jets the benefit of the doubt as long as they're wearing the green and white, but Sanchez has been indefensible the last two years. Like everyone else, I was anticipating an arduous season to sit through where our best be would be some player development and hopefully a high enough pick to draft a franchise QB. Now we might have that guy, and if we don't, we're right back where we started. At least he'll be fun to watch next season.

How could you not be looking forward to seeing a rookie QB with decent potential?

#475 hobgoblin, Apr 27, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  16. tzinc

tzinc New Member

Q

how is wasting a second round pick on a bust (and hold me to this he will bust) a good move

the Jets can't afford to waste draft picks you want to take a runner on him fine if the Jets have a bunch of picks but they don't and every pick counts when a team has this many holes

look at the QBs that were traded in the offseason they at least have shown something in the NFL Geno is a freaking bust in the making hold me to this this guy won't be the first air raid QB to make it in the nfl

i love people saying he almost won the heisman how does that mean anything

soon we will say bye to geno rex and idzik and the cycle begins again sick of it

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It looks like you're a Tebow fan who became a "Jets fan" in March. So what are you "sick of"?

Now that we have tebots saying Smith sucks it makes me think he has a good shot at being good.

18. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

of course tebow fans are pissed about this, theres not gonna be room on the roster for smith garrard sanchez and tebow, and it doesnt look like any team wants to take tebow off the jets hands, so it means that he will either go practice squad or out of the nfl

he could get signed by another team after the jets cut him but i doubt it

19. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

can't say that, jets fans are a rare bread.

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

That's what I saw on the tape as well.