The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. CandleGuy

CandleGuy New Member

To be fair people were saying similar things about Couples and that pick

And he's looking like he will be a massive beast as far as defensive players go I'll give Rex a benefit of doubt

#361 CandleGuy, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Idzik on "moving up" to get Geno Smith: "We're not going to get into what we did or didn't do. I will say that those reports that came out earlier we're pretty premature and inaccurate."

3. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

I'm not talking about Richardson's talent. I'm talking about taking him at 13 when 2 higher rated DTs were available. Either trade down or pick someone else.

They may have tried to trade since they used every last second for the pick. But with no deal, just take Jarvis Jones. It's all about maximizing the value of the pick

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

yeah, YT. Im too lazy :sad:

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Complaining about Geno @ 39 is foolish. MM & Idzik have had months to evaluate Sanchez and clearly they have decided to move on or at the very least start developing a new potential franchise QB and they didn't have to burn a 1st rd pick on the consensus highest ranked QB in the draft. Maybe GSmth doesn't work out. Fine - draft a QB in 14. If they have determined that Sanchez is not the QB of the future - then rolling the dice on Smith at 39 is smart - great value pick w/huge upside potential.

6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I've been doing my research the last couple of days on the QBs in the draft. I'm honestly not crazy about any of them. I'm lukewarm about Geno, but tbh I would have been lukewarm about any QB the Jets would have selected in this draft. He's a Jet now so I hope things turn out good. Stating the obvious there. I just want the Jets to have a franchise QB in the worst way and not have to worry about the QB position year in, year out.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Very excited about Geno..I think he's underrated. He was my favorite of this QB class. Got him for great value. I'm usually a darksider but there's something about this pick I really like.
    I would cut/trade Sanchez. If he couldn't handle competition with Tebow he will crack with a real QB breathing down his neck anyway. Let Garrard start the season but keep a short leash for the kid. Dare I say we got this year's Russell Wilson??? Too early I know but I will be never undervalue production and this kid was productive.. Okay enough kool aid I'm switching to beer

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

[YOUTUBE]Vv-VdQRYvyc[/YOUTUBE]

Everyone, watch

#368 laxin, Apr 26, 2013
  9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Tim Tebow is as much a "real QB" as this joke is.

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

break it down, the damn vid is 18min long :sad:

11. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

No pleasing Jet fans, great pick and a steal at 39.

12. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I would have taken Nassib. I think Geno is a bust in the NFL.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

You dont have 20 minutes to get to know your new franchise QB?

Im going to watch it again, Ill post more about it.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Don't know crap about this guy. Please haters, tell me specifically why you hate the pick and add how many games you watched him play in and dont mention the negative highlights they showed after his pick. Is he really that bad because blowing this pick could screw us for sometine

15. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Biggest question here.....What number does Geno wear? cant be 12

I really hope he picks #1 lol

16. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'm happy with our draft so far

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

im a geno supporter and love the pick, but i already know what they'll say

he isn't mentally tough (supposedly), played in a air raid offense, and couldn't perform in the big games

to that i say the kid completed 72% of his passes, threw like 46 TDs to 6 INTs, and works create in the WCO. if you watch the tape, kid has talent. clearly not an RG3, but if groomed, this pick could ABSOLUTELY change our franchise. people are just gonna hate

18. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

#2 or #7 I'm guessing

I hope Milliner wears #24

19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

(Posted this in another thread, worth to bump it here)

Geno Smith outclasses EJ Manuel in my eyes. Smith "Wants It" unlike Manuel in the big spots. I didn't see Manuel "Want It" in my eyes vs NC St this year or vs Florida. Geno balled but his defense was so pathetic that he had to play a game of score 50 or else you lose. Its the same shit RG3 had to deal with. Manuel may be more mature and a better "Leader"(Which I think is nonsense but alas...everyone wants their QB to shout at lineman like Brady and Peyton Manning) but this isn't the boyscouts. This is professional football. Eli Manning leads by example, he doesn't scream at the top of his lungs or rally guys. He makes guys respect him by his play and his players trust him because of what he has done in his NFL career.....despite pulling a bitch move in the 2004 NFL Draft and all.

Phil Rivers and Jay Cutler are "RAH RAH" guys but being vocal, cocky and yelling constantly at teammates doesn't mean you lead as neither have inspired his guys into going to war despite both guys being talented.

My lone fear for Geno is his eyework, which I don't know if that can be taught but if there's two people can do it for Geno its, David Lee(Who took Pat White btw who Smith succeeded) and Marty, who worked with Vick which is who Geno Smith reminds me....a healthy Eagles version of Vick(Doesn't contain the explosion Vick had in Atlanta). Vick makes dumb mistakes but when right and healthy will make plays, extend plays and burn teams.

I wonder if Geno won't start right away for us but ends up Brad Smithing/Pat Whiting it up early on while learning the playbook....I'm kinda curious. I hate the wildcat but Geno has the arm and ability/speed to really make teams honest and to respect him on the field before learning enough to be the full time QB.

EJ Manuel is Josh Freeman 2.0
    Geno Smith is Eagles version of Michael Vick but healthier 2.0

Which one would you want?

20. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

I dont know a hell of a lot much on QB fundamentals but he seems to leave his body open when he is throwing the ball. I wonder if this along with footwork can be worked on with Marty Morninwheg and would allow him to be more accurate with some of the throws that he missed.

He does seem to have good arm strength.

He unlike Sanchez can actually get a screen pass to the intended receiver.

Watching him vs. Oklahoma this season. Also, seems to stand in when there is pressure around him.

He has made a few questionable throws into double coverage.

He has shown good footwork to escape pressure.

[YOUTUBE]JiBxfi5eY9w[/YOUTUBE]

#380 SienaSaints, Apr 26, 2013