The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah I completely forgot about Joe Willy. It's been TOO LONG

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I do not go on Facebook very often, but living in WI, I had to log on and post that little stat. :grin: It's nice to hear that. The only thing that has concerned me about Geno is his rate of turning the ball over. But with that said, I have, and do believe he will improve, and make this team a contender for many Decembers to come.
    I know it's been pointed out already, but I love this line he provided. The Jets FO are the last people to realize how Mark was terrible for quite some time. I'm sure Tone likes how he has an actual QB with potential finally. I've talked trash about Holmes, and I know it's been a near set in stone thing with him being gone next year, but I really, really am starting to hope he just takes a cut this next off-season. I mean he HAS to know he won't get anywhere near his current contract dollar if/when he is cut next off-season. If he sees the Geno development, and realizes the aforementioned situation, maybe he'd take a cut down to 4-5 million a year, and finish up his playing days with us. In the PC on Sunday, it sounded like he was truly thankful for the staff with NY that helped him recover, and had patience with him. *fingers crossed*
    I just don't want to add to the moaning and bitching that already is at a high level despite us being at 2-1 :smile:

Yeah I'm actually clocking in 14 out of 15 days right now, so it's not too awesome.

Anyway yeah, as long as we get that W, I don't care what people say. People keep picking against us still. I'm half way to winning $50 on a Jets win total bet I have, and it's only week 4! Things look good. Maybe I should just start posting/reading in the upcoming game discussions more.

3. Mitch_Dumstein

It's actually nice, thanks to Smith and Mornhingweg to be able to once again look forward to the possibility of good things happening when the defense gets the three and out and the Jets get the ball on offense

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to each game with anticipation of good things happening sure beats dreading each game and hoping to get through it without being embarrassed, 20 penalties aside.

5. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I still feel like every throw is going to be an interception but its always been like that with me and the Jets

I get very paranoid

6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Honestly, as one of the last Sanchez defenders here, I felt every ball he threw in 2012 was going to be picked off.

Seriously, he'd complete a 5 harder and I was like "whew, dodged a bullet there". :sad:

_

7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I do the same way! Wow! Don't worry though. It isn't reading the defense or finding his receivers that Geno has a problem with, its his delivery. Saw him play last year and he was bouncing the ball off his targets at 10 yards away.

I like Geno I really do and he will get over the problems with his game. But slowly. He won't ever be an All-Pro but he'll be decent journeyman. And that is a franchise quarterback for the Jets!

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You talking about Sanchez? I don't feel that way with Geno.

9. n3putts

n3putts Member

So after three games he has no chance of being All-Pro...wow!

Going into today...At this point last year, Geno Smith had 20 TD, 0 INT and 28 incompletions. This year WVU QB - 4 TD, 4 INT, 55 incompletions!!!

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Huh? I dont think I really agree with any of this... You like Geno, but he will only be a journeyman? How does that make sense... Not really sure what the bolded means either.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

I mean I worry that he will throw a pick, but thats because he's a rookie, and our last QB gave me reason to worry. Geno may throw picks early in his career, but he makes more plays than not.

And Jeti changes is opinion on a daily basis so who knows :)

12. pdxdrew

Well tell me how would you rate Geno given his background, history and potential? Just wondering? I am just giving my best guess.

13. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

It's just stupid to be limiting his potential so early into his FIRST SEASON. Who cares what he did in HS, or college? I'm sure things like that were said about Warner, and Brady, amongst others early in their career as well.

Way to be optimistic. Yeah it's true that he'll probably not end up being an All-Pro, but don't act like it's a forgone conclusion that he will be mediocre at best. He very well might be the answer.

14. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

It's funny how I don't get upset when he throws an interception. It's almost like I'm use to this kind of stuff happening. But at the same time, I always have confidence that the defense will stop the opposing offense after a turnover.

15. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

lmao me too bro, Sanchez has made me a very antsy when it comes to our passing game

ok.........but why wont he ever be an All-Pro, it is a numbers award

Sanchez has made me feel this way, any QB could be in green and white and I'd feel this way

:rofl: I got faith in Geno, still skeptical but only because I will not put my heart out there and have him implode on us

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to something we have not had yet:

1- Running game and DBs healthy
    2- A zero penalty game
    3- Geno throws a perfect game, zero TO's

Jets 45
    Them 3

17. pdxdrew

Sorry. Sorry. I ask to many questions when it comes to the Geno Smith. Just so many letdowns the last few years. Oregon doesn't have that problem since we have Marcus Mariota in the pocket!

Go Ducks!

18. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Smith is a heaping pile of shit, waste of a pick

19. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I can live with bad reads and bad decisions ... Part of the growing process. No Fucking Excuse for being careless with the football in traffic!

Get your fucking head out of your ass Smith!!!!

20. NewYorkEveryThing

That was a horrible tomahawk fumble.