The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The biggest advantage he has is Mornhenwig. It seems like he & Lee are light years ahead of Cavenaugh & Shotty, especially Sparano.
    That's a big disadvantage Sanchez had coming to a rookie HC. Rex didn't realize his deficiencies on offense and the need to surround himself with smarter coaches.

2. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

He was constantly staring people down. While the Bucs secondary from a talent point of view shits all over the Pats, we all know at this point the schematic genius that runs the defense tonight. Between the propensity of the Patriots to force turnovers, and the hostile environment I still think this game can get away from the Jets rather quickly.

PROTECT THE FOOTBALL. That offense is devoid of any skill position talent. I really feel like winning the battle for field position is a huge factor tonight.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Geno has obvious tendencies Belichik will find them. We'll have a pretty good idea after game 7, the 2nd Pats game, if Geno is winning the adaptation battle or not.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, hopefully the Jets learned their lesson with Mark and whatever they did learn they apply it to Geno.

btw the touchdown pass to Kellen Winslow ... was that not his 3rd read? I believe he went through his progressions on that play ...

5. n3putts

n3putts Member

You guys kill me...E.J. Manuel was 18/27 for 150 and 2 TD's against Spygate. He's not half the passer Geno is....trust me the kid will be fine.

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

No that play was designed for Kellen. Watch the NFL channel this morning i am sure they will replay ED takes you through that play and several others how Marty made it much simpler for Geno. The issue is the offense only put up 16 points and a couple of key mistakes.

Geno playing like he did against Tampa gives us eight wins tops.

My prediction for tonight 17-10 Jets Brady has a horrible game throws three picks won for a TD.

7. laxin

laxin Active Member

8. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Is it me, or does Geno look fearless?

9. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Geno is holding onto the ball too long, he's looking shaky.

I can't understand why Marty isn't calling a lot more screens, we seem to get 10 yards every screen pass.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he looks anything but shaky. he is holding the ball a bit too long but he is waiting for routes to develop. he needs to find more quick hitters instead of so many down the field plays. but its going to stretch out the defense.

11. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

How many times is he going to throw the ball to Gates? He doesn't get that it is not going to get caught, or batted and fumbled. Nice job as well burning most of the time outs early as well. We haven't put him in the best position to win with the lack of talent on offense as well.
    We have a project QB who doesn't look very smart out there. Welcome to rebuilding. This was a perfect opurtunity to go 2-0, but we are not good enough. And it shows

12. alleycat9

this is completely over reactionary. is he not supposed to throw it to certain players? seriously? how fucking stupid of a statement is that? oh hey look at the open guy, yeah i cant throw it to him. this isnt gym class in the fifth grade.

this is pure idiocy, rookie qbs run into things like unnecessary time outs and bad reads. thats just what they do.

13. alleycat9

now the last 2 ints were absolutely fucking horrible. you can kill him for that.

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This team doesn't get a real Qb, I'm done with this team, Smith sucks

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Yeah those two were bad...Honestly, the whole offense sucked so much tonight. Wasted effort for the defense

16. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

He's.
    A
    rookie

17. VirAurum

VirAurum New Member

Geno lost us the game tonight.

No one can say otherwise.

18. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Different QB same dumb throws...at least Mark didn't take the sacks Geno does.

19. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

drops
    play calling
    special teams

what you gotta say about that

20. Tom

Tom Member

I can. Our WR sucked so bad he has no confidence in anyone. And for good reason, even if he throws it to their chest, they will drop it.