The Geno Smith "Era" (Official Geno Thread) - All Geno Talk in here!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Apr 26, 2013.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

whos the next good WR left?

2. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

So heres what i'm hoping

Garrard gets the start, runs a decent offense, nothing special. Geno mans the clipboard, gets used to the ins and outs of MM's offensive scheme.

If the season tanks, you put him in, give him reps and all that. but otherwise, let a stable veteran show him the professional ropes.

Next year he'll be much more acclimated to start than simply handing him the job this year, and hopefully will be everything we cold hope for, a decent decision maker in a timing based scheme.

and for gods sakes keep some consistency and support around him for 2014!

same offensive coach, unless results are just THAT bad, keep a few targets and acquire some more to work with him.

if he's the future, let him be such and give him a working formula. Sanchez actually improves? its another competition for next year.

3. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

This is a great post. I would take all those 3 over our 3.

4. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well based on this years draft so far, TE/WR/etc hasn't been the focus, when it needs to be. Not sure who we might draft the rest of the way, but there's a good chance we go into camp offensively similar to last years team, minus some guys we lost (Keller, etc).

Drafting another QB doesn't make much sense to me when you don't have the weapons to throw to to begin with.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Absolutely horrendous.

6. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Good point.

I thought yesterday, and said on here, that I thought that if they took Smith in round 1, there was no way Rex was getting fired after next year, no matter how bad the team was. However, taking Smith in the 2nd round does not mean Rex wont get fired.

Unless Rex makes the playoffs, I believe Bill Cowher will be the coach in a year, and if he wants Teddy or Johnny and we are in position to get them, I think we will do what the Panthers did with Clausen/Cam

7. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

I dont know but I am real worried about this offense and starting Smith from day 1 :sad:

8. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yes

1) why wouldnt holmes stop bithcing about sanchez now that sanchez wont be on the team? he is gonna be the happiest guy on the team

2) its easier to catch the ball when it isnt thrown to the other team. the accuracy at QB will be ebtter with whomever is back there, making hilsl life alot easier

9. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

LAUGHABLY incorrect. Geno's system is MORE basic than the one Young ran at UT. Read up on Mike Leach for the love of god () before making comments like "Geno ran a pro style offense".

Why do people spend so much time on here with so little knowledge of the college game.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, that's the other thing.

Leave it to the Jets to keep El Guappo on the roster while having Smith "compete," only to choose "The Good-Looking One" once again as the starter.

We waste precious seasons this way. Have for a long, long time.

11. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Go away please

12. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I think this is a good value pick right here. If you guaranteed me say Hunter/Allen plus Bray in say the 5th, I'd take that over Geno and I'm not sure what in the 5th. But Smith does have very good talent, and does offer some mobility. Good size and a good arm.

And he could very well sit for a year, but QBs tend to atleast keep 3rd value even if they don't play (Hello Mallet, Smith, etc) so at worst he sits a year and can be traded for a 3rd next year, IMO. And at best, we can have a very good prospect. If he's mediocre, then we'll have a good pick next year and if Bridgewater is a stud, I'm sure we'll pick him (and learn from the Ram's lesson with RGIII) and just trade Geno.

For the pick, the value is certainly there. We miss on a DE, LB, OT, WR here and the value next year is like a 7th rd pick. If we don't think Geno is any good, he'll still retain 3rd value because QBs are given every last chance possible.

13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Worse than Sally Goldston...?

14. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Right. So naturally it will be a lot harder to get one of them... You people amaze me

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets are probably going to re-sign Brandon Moore at something like vet minimum in a month. He might get a bit more because he's been a Jet but he's at the stage of his career where if he wants to keep playing it's probably a year to year thing and in the place where he has the most value.

16. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I would draft Geno's teammate Steadman Bailey now in the 3rd round.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

according to NFL Network, cutting Mark wont be as easy to do right now/this year.

18. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I don't like reminding myself of that pick. I hated it when it went down, and it still makes the bile rise. The pain is still too fresh in my mind.

19. NYJ_Jax28

NYJ_Jax28 Member

Lol. You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding. Please..

20. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

worst fucking pick in jets history, WTF !!!!!!! this sucks more then picking sanchez, fuck i would rather have sanchez WTF WTF.

ITS HARD TO HAVE FAITH RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    well now that the season is over it's time for me to eat some CROW.

smith is not the worst pick in jets history, there I said it,

but by no means am I a fan, I still think he sucks, just not as bad as I though.

I did see a ray of something , but I don't know what it was or if it was just the TEQUILA.

at any rate, QB RD 3, (AARON MURRY).

#220 amuck57, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014