The Fire Idzik Billboard is officially up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Nov 10, 2014.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So then at the root of the overwhelming and widespread outrage toward Idzik there is justification. There may be other factors and ulterior motives must piggyback on the bold for it to have legs.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There is justification for criticism, but I personally find the overwhelmingly widespread and fervent nature of the outrage to be preposterously over the top.

3. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

The only way to get to Woody Johnson is by keeping this story relevant in the media. People have to understand the tone of that tweet. We are issuing a public challenge to Woody to hear us out - 100% knowing that he will not respond. But let's analyze what happens when we send out a tweet like that. The media covers it. He is forced to hear about it. And it continues to put pressure on him.

The fact is that we have a 4th board going up today. This was never about getting a billboard up and then patting all of our supporters on the back and saying "job well done". the mission is to have a new GM in place after this season and we will continue to apply as much pressure as necessary until Idzik is no longer our GM and the rest of the front office is cleaned out as well.

Again, whether or not we have 100% support of the fan base, we are the only ones putting our money where our mouths are. We are the only ones organizing Jets fans who agree with our opinion. And we are extremely passionate about what we are doing. A large group of us wore our FireJohnIdzik t-shirts to the game on Sunday. After all the nonsense we have read on twitter, I was genuinely curious what the reaction would be. Literally ONE person called us horrible fans and sellouts. Hundreds of people came up to us and asked us where they could get one.

TNJet likes this.
  4. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

If Idzik gets canned he didn't fail, His job was incomplete. We're in a better spot going forward after we got him then before we did..
    Stupid Idzik for thinking he can layout a blueprint for a rebuild in New York when these fans run you out of town after one bad season..We might as well get Tanny back in here

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

It would have been interesting to see what Tanny could have done with all the picks Idzik had to work with.

TNJet likes this.
  6. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We'd still only have 5 on the roster but they all be 1st through 4th rounders.

_

rockyusmc2003 and legler82 like this.
  7. slimjasi

Is the mere existence of basic crowd mentality supposed to impress anyone?

Your movement is fucking stupid. You are essentially pretending that Idzik's ineptitude is somehow historically unprecedented. I basically agree with this:

Dierking likes this.
  8. legler82

Tanny would have probably performed the exact same cuts to clear cap space as Idzik did. I think any GM would have done those moves as they were obvious ones. The difference would have been in the approaches to FA and the draft. If history is any indication, Tanny would have probably already spent a good chunk of the cap space we have now and would not have drafted 19 players. The money and draft picks would be burning holes in Trader Mike's pocket.

9. legler82

From what I can remember the other idiots gradually got worse as opposed to coming out the gate with ineptitude.

10. slimjasi

That's probably generally true, but nothing Idzik has done in his whopping two years as general manager quite warrants this sublime silliness. To me, the two biggest mistakes Idzik made were:

1) Geno. Clearly, investing two years in Geno has been a huge waste. There is no getting around the fact that Idzik was wrong on Geno. (Still not as bad as the many 1st round busts I can think of in this team's rather forgettable draft history)

2) Not drafting a WR (for this very WR needy team) in the first two rounds of one of the most talented WR drafts I can ever remember.

But, I sure would like to see Dexter McDougle healthy, along with guys like Amaro and Pryor getting a chance to develop for more than 10 fucking games, before I go pretending that last year's draft was the worst event in human history. The worst draft in recent memory is still Tanny's 2010 draft.

1-Kyle Wilson, 2-Vlad Ducasse, 4-Joe Mcknight, 5-John Connor.

I mean . . . ouch.

(At least he traded a pick for Cromartie).

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Dude

Put up billboard or put an ad on Post or Daily News. Do whatever you want. I don't care. But stop using that tone. Who the hell you guys? If I were Woody I would take your asses to court for such a stupid threat. At least he will get you with "Defamation". Seriously. hang in there until he takes your asses to court. I will laugh a lot to you guys.

Who the hell are you guys? Who gave you the power and authority to threat Woody like that? Who assigned you as public Jet attorneys? I am Jet fan and you don't represent me. So stop acting like it. firejohnidzik my ass. Are you guys man enough to put up your real names on firejohnidzik.com?

12. fireidzik_billboard

fireidzik_billboard Active Member

Put up billboard or put an ad on Post or Daily News. Do whatever you want. I don't care. But stop using that tone. Who the hell you guys? If I were Woody I would take your asses to court for such a stupid threat. At least he will get you with "Defamation". Seriously. hang in there until he takes your asses to court. I will laugh a lot to you guys.

Who the hell are you guys? Who gave you the power and authority to threat Woody like that? Who assigned you as public Jet attorneys? I am Jet fan and you don't represent me. So stop acting like it. firejohnidzik my ass. Are you guys man enough to put up your real names on firejohnidzik.com?[/QUOTE]

Our real names are everywhere in newspapers - and they are insignificant. This is not about us. We represent the hundreds of donors and thousands of supporters that we have. And defamation? lol… good luck with that one. It is called freedom of speech and we are protected under this silly thing called the first amendment.

TNJet likes this.
  13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Just an absolute embarrassment....

NY Jets68 and nyjunc like this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

But you are not using your first amendment right with that last threat,right? Your billboard is 1st amendment. But your tweet is a threat. Good luck dealing with Woody.

PS: My bad on not knowing you guys have out your real names out there. I checked your website and didn't see your names up there and I prefer not to read articles about your stupid idea.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Did this ONE person mention anything about Mark Sanchez having more playoff wins than any other Jet QB?

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Horseshit. I haven't seen one ...... and I get around.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I don't get it either.

All I can think of is that I guess the media has such a huge influence on the large majority of our fanbase coupled with the fact that a good portion still love Rex for his 2009 and 2010 success. They don't want to place much blame on him, and nobody cares about Mr. T cause he's gone.

18. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

He would've performed the same cuts? He's the one who gave Sanchez the extension, gave Holmes the money, Traded for Tebow, etc..I hope he'd own up to his piss poor decisions that set this team back.

I have ZERO faith Tanny would've done any better than Idzik in the draft. His track record isn't special especially 2008 and on..he's drafted a couple hits over the years but largely inconsistent, poor trades up, no depth. Gotta love his last great draft blunder..drafting Stephen Hill over Jeffrey, Foles, Russel Wilson, Hilton, Sanu, etc.

Say what you want Idzik had a potential starter with all 5 of his first and 2nd round picks. If Geno was an Idzik guy, we would've taken him in the first round. Instead the guy mocked all year to go top 5 falls to the 2nd round. Hard to blame him for pulling the trigger. Sheldon, Milliner, Amaro, and Pryor are all building blocks going forward.
    As much as this season sucks it'll feel good to be a Jets fan in 2015 regardless who is here. We've finally bottomed out it's only getting better going forward. We're going to have a great pick, oozes of cap space and the "Sons" are only improving. Fuck the Billboards.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good fucking god. Any franchise that responds and reacts to this kind of input from its fans is fucking doomed. Stop embarrassing yourself. And the rest of us.

Brook! and rockyusmc2003 like this.
  20. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

$10,000 in donations to a worthy cause would have been great. Instead of raising money to put up moronic billboards that don't carry any weight, why don't you use that fan solidarity to raise money for a worthwhile charity and show the world that's where the money is being spent.

IDZIK HATERS DONATE $10K TO THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT. IDZIK HATERS DONATE $10K TO CANCER RESEARCH....

Guaranteed you would get more press too.

jonnyd likes this.