The divison race is back on.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AirStrike, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

depends how both teams look. I would guess Pats -3. Unless Jets win and look good, and Pats lose, I don't expect Jets to be favorites.

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

yes, and this true statement wouldn't have been possible if your NFL joke of a secondary had been able to even remotely stop Big Ben.

Seems like you should be worrying about your own team's inability to beat opponents this year that they've otherwise historically dominated .

3. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Simply mentioning that beating the Fins and being the benificiary of another SD second half meltdown does not mean the Jets are out of the woods. IMO, the Jets have been outplayed in 5 of their 7 games. You should worry about your team getting out of 3rd place in the division.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

if the Jets get past the Bills this week this division could potentially be a toss up.

instead of getting bitter and emotional how about you just calm down cause the pats are good for 12 wins this year barring a defensive collapse I dont see happening.

basically i see it as this

if the jets win these next two the division will be ours barring a collapse (alot easier said than done)

if the Jets beat the bills and lose to the Pats, the Pats will take the division with the Jets and Bills fighting for a WC spot.

if we lose the next two. the season will likely be over unless they win out and get some help.

either way what it comes down to is The Steelers unconventionally broke from the heavy base 3-4 they roll with and took a page out of Rex's playbook with more press man.

they caught the Pats off guard and exposed the Pass d for what it is. The Traditionally late surging Belicheck defense is now in question while Brady will continue to keep that offense rolling at a top 3 level.

the Bills have climbed out of the cellar to stand next to the Jets in kicking down the door to Chowder town and only 1 of the 3 will come out on top.

no matter how you look at it this division is putting two teams into the playoffs.

I still think the Pats take the division and the Jets nab a WC. but maybe they can prove me wrong and either take these next two and drop one more game along the way.

or maybe they can self destruct. I cant tell with the BYE week killing our momentum.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The elephant in the room at this point is how bad the Patriots likely will be after Brady is gone. Belichik has let that team go to pieces and clings to Brady as his salvation. It's a testament to how good Brady is that this works.

If Brady went out with an injury next week the Patriots would be hard-pressed to win 6 games this year the way they've been playing elsewhere.

Edit: I'm beyond shocked that Belichik has let the defense get to where it is. The man really was a strong motivator and one of the best X's and O's kind of guys in history. How he let things deteriorate so much is a mystery.

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the current pats roster is a 6 or 7 win team without Brady anyone to say otherwise is a head trauma patient

7. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Would be a Indy situation...

I'm thinking 2 wins.

8. skeleton_frames

I can't wait for the next two games. This is a massive test for Rex and the Jets. Such a huge put up or shut up moment for them. As Coach K put it, if the Jets win these 2 games they're in the driver's seat. If they don't, it's just more bluster...

9. YoungSinema

YoungSinema Banned

Best thread ever. I don't know why someone wants us banned. This is the biggest week in the AFCE this year. It's good to see fans of all three teams here debating. I wanna see the excuses come Monday after George Wilson picks off Sanchez to keep the Jets in third

#109 YoungSinema, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Why do we have to put up with you all mouthing off on here though? If we wanted to discuss it with you fucking troglodytes we'd come and find you. Go and find a neutral NFL board to beat your chests on, because sure as fuck you won't be anywhere to be seen on here on Monday if the Jets come to town and give you the punch in the mouth that you richly deserve right now.

11. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

One word: Ego.

The guy got rid of all of his best players, his go to guys and failed to replenish them. He cut high draft picks after a season. He's been signing street free agents to play in the secondary. Guys like Andre Carter and Shaun Ellis and Albert Haynesworth in hopes that schematically and motivationally he can get them to play 5 years younger.

That's why.

12. Br4d

You're probably right.

He cut Lawyer Milloy and still got his dynasty. Let go of Ty Law and still made the playoffs every year including 16-0. Then he forget that the trenches are the most important part of the game and traded Richard Seymour and that defense has gone straight downhill from there.

Rodney Harrison retiring didn't help either.

13. RMorin

RMorin Member

ESPN had on their power rankings that "Belichek has lost his fastball with his defense" and I think that sums it up well. His defensive draft skills have been deplorable recently.

14. YoungSinema

YoungSinema Banned

You can't handle a football discussion with the fans of rival teams? I understand, you seem a bit sensitive. Anyway, win or lose I'll be here Monday to tell you good job and make my excuses, or to laugh at you and listen to your excuses. I'm not going to a neutral site because I wanted to come here and talk to the Jets fans here.

15. Johnny English

Fuck off. You started off making a semi-reasonable post, and then finished it with the usual troll shit. Either have a sensible discussion, or fuck off and troll elsewhere. You tools are being so unbelievably tedious this week that you're making me pine for the Patriots idiots, at least we have a proper rivalry with them.

You've been a member since April 2010 and have only 18 posts to your name, alll of them in the last couple of weeks. If you wanted a football discussion with us, why weren't you having one when you were shit?

#115 Johnny English, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  16. Johnny English

Or Tedy Bruschi.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I think we'll win both games against the bills and pats. Now that we're in November I expect us to start peaking.

18. Br4d

True. We all look at the Pat's secondary as the weakness on the team but they have lost a huge amount of talent from the trenches over the last 3 or 4 seasons. Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Teddy Bruschi, Steve Vrabel, etc. That's an enormous deficit to try to make up when you're losing multiple pro bowl caliber players from the heart of the defense. Then you lose Rodney Harrison at safety and the thing collapses which is pretty much what has happened.

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Harrison was never quite the same after his 2005 injury but yeah, he tied the secondary all together. Which is why in 2004 the secondary would still work with Troy Browns, rookies and castoffs. They are trying to make Chung into him but it's going to take time.

Bellichick can still coach but his GM skills are coming into question. He has a few home runs every once in a while but a lot of strike-outs too. He could use a good second in command like Pioli.

Not only have the Patriots lost a lot of players to ages, trades and the like but also front office people and management. If Dante Scarneccia goes, the Oline will collapse like a house of cards.

20. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

I think that's one of the main reasons why at least for last year, he went into the season without a named offensive and defensive coordinator. Year after year he was getting guys poached, same with the front office.