The divison race is back on.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AirStrike, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I only saw the fourth quarter of the NE Pitt game, so I am not sure what happened early. Suffice to say the Pats only got 43 rushing yards on Pitt. But they only ran the ball 12 times. I think all Jet fans know that the weakness at least so far this year on the Jets has been the inability to shut down the opponent's running game. So while the Pats looked not very good yesterday, that doesnt mean they are in for a big loss to the Jets in two weeks. Not if the Jets can't stop their running game.

2. Justone

Justone New Member

Because you guys ran out Marv Levy as a coach.

3. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

lol, you were the only person wearing Bills colours the last 10 years. You had to bring your garbage ass team to my city once a year because all you "die-hard" Bills fans couldn't even fill your own stadium. Bringing an perennial losing NFL team to a baseball dome to a city that doesn't give two shits about it. Smart move there! Now you guys are 5-2 after two extremely fortunate comebacks and magically you and your low-life fan base act like that means you're entitled to sign up on our board, or the Pats boards or the Fish boards and attempt to talk smack.

Word of advice, you haven't been relevant this century. You still aren't relevant. And you won't be any time soon. But please, please come back here next Monday. We all will have a lot of fun with you. That is, if your internet connection is stable in those trailers you all live in outside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

4. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think the time of possession difference says the most. I think the Patriots had one 3 and out in the 1st quarter and the rest of the time was owned by the Steelers. A little better in the 2nd quarter (but not by much). The Patriots scored on an INT of Rothlisbergers or it would have been over at halftime. The Patriots D actually held the Steeler offense to FGs only in the 2nd half but, again, the D couldn't off the field. A lot of converted 3rd and longs by the Steelers. The Patriots actually had a few mini-drives but again the Steeler offense controlled the tempo of the game throughout.

It was amazing that the Patriots actually had a chance to tie it up for most of the 4th quarter.

My only solace as a Patriots fans. That they can improve from yesterdays terrible game while the Steeler definitely played their best game of the season.

As far as the Jets go, I wouldn't be surprised if they start playing better now but if they expect to win without busting their butts, they'll stumble like they often do.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the steelers and most notably LeBeau left his comfort zone of zone blitzes and took the Jets blueprint of press man while sending people after Brady. (minus last yr playoff where we threw more zone to confuse Brady's Jets preparation)

it worked mostly because the Pats blueprint to dominating the Steelers has been to spread them out and take advantage of the base 3-4 the Steelers usually stay in even on passing downs. which the Steelers decided to throw some wrinkles into their sets.

either way the Pats were brought back down to Earth while Big Ben properly exposed the pats passing d. either way the Pats will still win 12 games in all likelihood

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

there's still a long way to go but if we win these next 2 weeks we are in 1st place.

7. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

As a Jets fan, I can understand why you can't comprehend "CG" stands for "Championship Game".

Bills are a good football team and they deserved the win over the Pats.

8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Next 2 weeks are HUUUUGE!

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

What's even better is I'm pretty sure that wasn't the first time he posted that comment!

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

In such a rush to troll you don't even know what team he is a fan of......

You wont be posting 50k garbage posts here..........

11. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

"Fuck that! The best place to be is when expectations are high!" -- RR

12. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

A good second half against the Bolts and I'm reading "If we win out" we'll be 13-3. Although your statement is true, winning the next 2 will be very difficult. Beat the Bills first.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pay no attention t those "If we win out" posts.

Its just silly talk.

But the Jets at home against the pats is something that the Jets expect to win.

Its nice to see a Jets team that isn't afraid of Tom Brady anymore.

#93 NDmick, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  14. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If that was a Jets fan, he wouldn't have an avatar of Ryan Fitzpatrick dropping back to pass. Try again.

15. Bill Belidouche

Mods can we ban all the annoying Jills and Pats fans already?

16. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I don't want Pats and Bills fans banned. Some of them are pretty decent guys most of the time despite their afflictions. I just want a change in the forum rules that allows an amount of latitude given in the abuse we can give them in the 48 hours before and after we play their teams.

17. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

They should be afraid of Tom Brady. It's the Pat's D they shouldn't be afraid of. Just curious, what do you think the line will be for Jets/Pats? My guess is Pats +1

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If the Jets win against the Bills, which I do think is a possibility, then I can see that being the line.

Unless the Pats pull an 06 and lose back to back games.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Totally depends how the Jets and Pats perform this week against the Bills and Giants, respectively.

If the Jets destroy the Bills and the Pats lose or squeak out a close one, the Jets will probably be favored by 2-3 pts or so. But that's as high of a line as we would see in the Jets favor and it would really take a huge Jets game and a terrible Pats game this week.

If the Jets are unimpressive this week but still pull out a win, the Pats could be favored by 1-2 or it could be a pick 'em game. The Pats were favored by 3 this week heading into Pitt, so the most likely scenario is Pats as small favorites @ the Jets.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets have won at home both of the last two seasons against the Pats. I expect that if they win against the Bills they'll be slight favorites the following week against the Pats. The series between Ryan and Belichik looks like this now:

16-9 @Jets
    14-31 @Pats
    28-14 @Jets
    3-45 @Pats
    28-21 @Pats
    21-30 @ Pats

I kind of think the most likely next result in that sequence is a Jets win @Jets.