The diverse and fun world of TGG

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LAJet, May 27, 2015.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As one of many no kidding jet-aholic who is hungry for news, information, opinions or updates about our NY Jets, you guys have to admit there is hardly anything better than TGG. The one shop place to get 24/7, around the clock " what's going on with jets and everything NFL worthy"

Hell yes, kudos to TGG, because no matter what time of year it is, Jet football is worshipped here. Sure, we know it's a game, but if it's just a game why do we suffer so much when things don't go our way?

I have selfishly taking a stub at cataloging the various types of members that provide inputs to this site, for kicks mostly, but also to better understand their motivation and reasons behind their inputs.

I have been constrained to the house for a bit and the Internet is my friend, and since this is a super slow period for us fans, I though I share the key categories I see us members falling into.

Each brings a colorful and diverse element to the site, and the contribution ranges widely from in depth analysis to unmitigated craziness, from ultimate fan to hated troll, from sunshine to dooms day fanatics.

I would not presume to put specific members into any of these categories formally, but in private I use it to gauge the motive for their inputs.

Here it goes

1- The "Gospel" member - These guys are fact based, super knowledgable, certified as most insightful members of the club. The know the Jets and other teams upside down, they know the draft, they use data and facts and represent the most select contributors. Some might have even played the game or been involved in some capacity. I take their inputs over the media any day. When they post you pay attention.

2- The "bonafide" fan - This is perhaps the preponderance of our members, hopefully I fit in this category. We love the team and we love to chat, but we recognize our limitations, we are amateurs with a burning desire for our team to get better. We agree to disagree, but we treat every one with respect and are open to different views. Some in this category are fans of other teams, but they share great and fresh insight on the Jets.

3- The " We are forever doomed" fan - Years of disappointment have sour their poor souls. Faithful, insightful and long, long time loyal fans that will never again accept any positive move by the Jets as a good sign until we win the Super Bowl. You might want to temper their inputs if you are a season ticket holder or sunshiner fan.

4- The " I know best " fans - This select group can possibly fit in any of the other categories, but when challenged with an opposite view they quickly raise the " You are so stupid is beyond belief flag" and instantly their good inputs transform into personal attacks and the thread suffers. They sometime tend to hijack a thread to win the argument at a personal level. When they are good they are damned good, but they don't often take criticism well

5- The troll that hates the Jets - This category comes out of the darkness and strikes when we are down. They gloat about their own team while trashing ours, with no facts, or worst, they hide under a Jet logo and trash us without the courage to even identify themselves as members of other teams. Losers are the predominant majority of these trolls and they get banned in short notice, but not before they display their ignorance.

Fortunately for us we are blessed with an incredibly top end group that makes this site the place to go for Jet news.

Not sure where this thread should fit, but my special thanks goes to those that manage this site. It beats the media coverage and provides us with a window to Jet fans across the globe. There is fun for everyone

#1 LAJet, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    slimjasi, LWC611, JetLifeLo and 13 others like this.
  2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

lol nice I like it. Kudos and cool post.

3. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

4. pcmodem

pcmodem Member

You forgot 'the lurker' - those of us who don't feel strongly enough to get involved, but want to drink in every tidbit, information and opinion both. From all of us lurkers, thank you TGG posters/commenters for all your effort and passion. We're reading. We love the Jets. Promise.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Nice post LA, but I think you meant TGG :eek:

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao @ #4 ... BTW we should bring back awards ...

Jets_Grinch and NYJalltheway like this.
  7. TurkJetFan

Yes!!!

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Why do I keep getting sayuki advertisements on the main page? :confused:

JetBlue and greenbeanz like this.
  9. TurkJetFan

xxedge72x has a 99 poster rating in madden.

NYJalltheway and xxedge72x like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry..I meant TGG, but unable to change the title

11. TurkJetFan

what I'd love to see is where people would put their #1 poster from each category.

Here's mine

1- The "Gospel" member - These guys are fact based, super knowledgable, certified as most insightful members of the club. The know the Jets and other teams upside down, they know the draft, they use data and facts and represent the most select contributors. Some might have even played the game or been involved in some capacity. I take their inputs over the media any day. When they post you pay attention.

Petrozza
    BC I'm a kiss ass

2- The "bonafide" fan - This is perhaps the preponderance of our members, hopefully I fit in this category. We love the team and we love to chat, but we recognize our limitations, we are amateurs with a burning desire for our team to get better. We agree to disagree, but we treat every one with respect and are open to different views. Some in this category are fans of other teams, but they share great and fresh insight on the Jets.

James Hasty
    *Note - James not saying you're an amateur. Just saying you are good with convo and don't go nuts on people.

3- The " We are forever doomed" fan - Years of disappointment have sour their poor souls. Faithful, insightful and long, long time loyal fans that will never again accept any positive move by the Jets as a good sign until we win the Super Bowl. You might want to temper their inputs if you are a season ticket holder or sunshiner fan.

championjets69 (is this even a question)

4- The " I know best " fans - This select group can possibly fit in any of the other categories, but when challenged with an opposite view they quickly raise the " You are so stupid is beyond belief flag" and instantly their good inputs transform into personal attacks and the thread suffers. They sometime tend to hijack a thread to win the argument at a personal level. When they are good they are damned good, but they don't often take criticism well

Charlie Brown

5- The troll that hates the Jets - This category comes out of the darkness and strikes when we are down. They gloat about their own team while trashing ours, with no facts, or worst, they hide under a Jet logo and trash us without the courage to even identify themselves as members of other teams. Losers are the predominant majority of these trolls and they get banned in short notice, but not before they display their ignorance.

BillsOverJets
    *If you don't know him it's because he only shows up in August.

#11 TurkJetFan, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
    nycarl likes this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Junc is more 4 than 1. He does not accept opposing viewpoints and never admits to being wrong.

I think I am straddling 1 and 2 with a little bit of 3 mixed in (especially when we have a losing season).

greenbeanz and TNJet like this.
  13. TurkJetFan

IDK just my personal preference with junc lol

in truth there's a little bit of 4 in all of us

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

No problem man.... I fixed it for ya

LAJet likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

I feel this title belongs more to Br4dw4y5ux / WW85 more than anything. WW85 is prob the most knowledgeable draft person I have ever talked to. Br4dw4y5ux just knows his shit top to bottom. The most knowledgeable fan I know.

Junc is #4 and even sometimes #5.

JetLifeLo and James Hasty like this.
  16. TurkJetFan

fixed your post. :p

101GangGreen101 and James Hasty like this.
  17. TurkJetFan

youre right...fixed mine

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

#4 Don't forget Blocker, while he can have some insightful discussion, he also comes right at you with the "You must know very little about the game, or you must be a Homer"

;)

19. 101GangGreen101

Lol, I got you next time! I'll make sure never to forget the great TurkJetFan :cool:

Even better, hail to the king baby.

Aewhistory and TurkJetFan like this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

He's def a combination of 3 and 4. More-so 4, I agree. He hasn't classified me in a while, I guess I might be doing something right.