The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DeathByJets, May 3, 2010.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

We just got back from WDW. We stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Very nice place. On WDW property, but not a WDW resort. They have a free shuttle to the parks, but we had a car (made it easier...but not cheaper). We stayed on Hilton Points. I think it runs about $200/night.

If you prefer to stay at a WDW resort the Coronado Springs is a nice hotel in the moderate class. The deluxe resorts (like Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge) are pretty great.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im thinking deluxe. I have a party of 7. Wwhats the best place for a larger party

3. DeathByJets

Any will work well for large parties. If you want a Deluxe, I'd recommend Wilderness Lodge. It is in a good location and is a pretty cool place to stay. If you want exotic, go with the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you want classy...go with the Grand Floridian. WL and AKL have "villas" which are like suites with kitchenettes.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

good info. thanks

5. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

I was down at the boardwalk last summer for work, then made a vacation out of it. GOD DAMMM it's expensive. Really nice place though. It was real easy to get from park to park, it's in a good location.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

thank u.....

7. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Johhny, to save money you should drop 25k on a Disney timeshare... it's worth it :)

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Boardwalk or the Beach Club. both places are walking distance of each other and Epcot which is always open the latest of all the parks

9. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I can always get a good laugh out of first timers in the Hollywood hotel. Just to see their facial expressions before the big drop is priceless

10. DeathByJets

If anyone hasn't seen it, go see "Frozen" (especially if you have kids). Easily one of the best movies of the year.