The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DeathByJets, May 3, 2010.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Well, whatever they can do to make those 2 roller coasters appear "less shitty."

Jaws was certainly one of the "it" rides @ Universal, totally sucks that they got rid of it. I wonder if Universal's tract of land is somewhat limited as compared to Disney, where they really can't expand beyond the existing footprint?

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

My son loved the Jaws ride, that sucks. First King Kong and now Jaws

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Universal Hollywood's Jaws ride doesn't even come close, where it's only one part of the "tram" tour. On the Orlando ride, you felt as though you were being immersed in the story, that you were on Amity Island to a degree. Cheesy dialogue etc, sure. But it was still alot of fun.

Sad that I won't be able to scare the crap out of my own kids on this ride. I would think that "Twister" isn't too far behind. It's very dated by today's standards as well, and not many people can relate to the film today, compared to 10-15 years ago.

4. nyjunc

I would think Twister would be the next to go. Have you been on that new coaster at US? I think it's right near Twister

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

No, the last time I visited US was 2 years ago, and when I entered the park at around 10:30 the wait was already 90 minutes. Things did not improve as the day went on.

It does look pretty wild though. For my money, "The Mummy" was an excellent ride, not for the faint of heart.

6. nyjunc

I like the Mummy(I still miss King Kong, I think my son would have loved that), I love the Hulk in IOA and Dueling Dragons is a great ride too especually if you sit in the front.

7. Drew

Drew Active Member

The next ride to go I'm sure will be E.T.

Twister is in a limited space, it's so small they can't put much else in there. Same goes for Earthquake. I'm almost positive E.T. will be replaced by Transformers within the next few years. TF is showing up at most of the Universal parks and I believe Spielberg said it's coming to Orlando eventually.

This is what sucks about Universal. Instead of relying on classics that are timeless, like Kong, Jaws, Back to the Future, they replace it with flavor of the week shit.

The only time I enjoy going to Universal is during October for Halloween Horror Nights.

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Forgot about Back to the Future. That was a classic...This is the difference between Universal and Disney. Disney "updates" their classics and keeps them around for years. Universal runs their original rides into the ground until they start to show their age and then remove them altogether. Brilliant marketing strategy.

9. nyjunc

I just read Disney is removing the Snow White ride from the Magic Kingdom so they do a little of that too.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I think that a big reason behind it was because "Let us scare the shit out of your kids" doesn't really blend with the whole "Fantasy Land" thing or its subsequent expansion. That ride was really dark for little ones, especially when you consider where in the park it was located.

They should have the Stitch ride follow suit. Easily the worst ride @ MK.

11. nyjunc

Kids are allowed to be scared, that's a classic Disney movie. The ride wasn't very good but it was still a classic and I wis they wouldn't be getting rid of it.

12. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

For my kids sake, I'd be more upset if it was Peter Pan or Small World- those will never go.

13. nyjunc

I don't they could ever get rid of Small World but I wouldn't be shocked if Peter Pan was gone in the coming decades. I do agree neither should ever go, my son loved both and I'm sure my dauighter will love them too whenever we go next.

14. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I think it has less to do with the scariness and more to do with a new Snow White themed ride being added to the expansion area:

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I would say combination of both, as the original ride was certainly dated in alot of respects.

The mine train sounds like a great ride.

16. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

We are thinking about heading back this year. Has anyone stayed in the cabins at fort wilderness? They look great but I am just wondering if they are too small or just as big as the normal room.

17. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Definitely bigger than a normal room--biggest issue is getting around on the campsite (you can walk, but it takes a while)--there's an offsite company that rents golfcarts for pretty cheap that I used when I stayed there.

18. GreenMachine

Stayed there before. The cabins are nice if you want to escape the "magic" of disney. They are basically a modular home with a log facade. You have a deck and a grill. 1 bedroom. It has a full sized bed and a bunk bed. 1 full bath. the living room has 2 couches with a murphy bed. The kitchen has a oven/stove, full sized fridge and a microwave and dish washer. The maids will do the dishes. It is also stocked with plates and silverware. The draw back to the cabins is there is no waterslide at the pools.. The big plus is direct water taxi to MK. The cabins give you more space than a regular room and you do not have to worry about noisy neighbors. If you go at Xmas or Halloween all the motor home sites decorate for the holidays. Pretty cool to see..

Also car traffic is only allowed to enter and exit. Prepare to use the buses or walk to get around the campground. There are alot of sports activities to do though..i.e volleyball, swim, kayak, boat, bike ride, playground, and horseback riding

19. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

looks like IM in the beginning stages of planning a trip with the fam in March 2014. So whats the latest shit to do at this Disney place?

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I may be there this August. What's the best place to stay at a reasonable coin?