The Disney Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by DeathByJets, May 3, 2010.

1. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Especially with twin girls. I have friends who have tried to book "princess" themed events last-minute and it was pretty trying.

Use the online booking engine to keep on checking. It won't do you any good to call the dining number, as the agent is looking at the same screen that you are.

What you do learn is to adapt if your first choices aren't available, i.e. Chef Mickey, taking a late breakfast- by the time you get out, it's lunch time for everyone else and the park is noticeably quiet from 12-2 as most folks are eating.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Has anyone on here gone on a Disney Cruise? We're in the process of booking for Summer/Fall '11.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Autograph books are a big hit with the kids...My boy loved it and all the kids I see with them really look forward to meeting the characters. Some may not be into taking pictures but the prospect of getting Pluto to sign that book makes them smile enough to suck it up.

I have to be honest though but the character meetups in Disneyland suck. Now maybe I just didn't put enough effort into it but for Donald Duck to only be there for 2 hours a day seemed ridiculous. They have Pixie Hollow which has the Tinkerbell characters and some Princess thing that had an hour wait. I'm sure Cinderella is banging but I'm not waiting an hour so my 3 year old can see her. They also seem to have done away with the obscure characters like a Mr Smee or Brear Fox. On the bright side the deal they are running now in Cali has a 3 day Park Hopper Pass for $169. That's a great deal.

Now the interesting thing is I think I am going to be in Hong Kong for a few days in May and I might check out Hong Kong Disney but if I'm only in HK for 3 days using one of them there might not be the best idea but it certainly would be cool to check it out.

4. Barry the Baptist

We've thought about it but A) they're very expensive and B) they don't really hit up the exotic ports unless of course you go the Euro route. A 7 day cruise that makes 2 stops in the Bahamas, 1 in St Thomas and one in Turks and Caicos doesn't really get me going. I'm sure the cruise itself is incredible but I'm more of a destination person then spending my day on the boat. The cruise I took went to Bonaire, Aruba, Greneda and Dominica. Not your normal everyday run of the mill cruise stops. We looked at one that went to St Lucia and Tobago as well as Curucao. That's my kind of cruise but that waterslide they have one board looks awesome.

#264 Barry the Baptist, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Interline baby! You can actually get interline rates right from Disney, no need for Perx or Dargal.

Sept/Oct the prices drop pretty dramatically. Otherwise, the same cruise, 8day/7night in October, Eastern Caribbean, inside cabin on deck 2, family of 4, is $4,000 retail!!!

With my discount I can get something on a newer Royal Carib ship, better ports, for prob around $1,200 during the same period.

The key is that you aren't getting the Disney experience or entertainment on the latter.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Heading to Disneyland in a couple weeks. I love that place!

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

[​IMG]

8. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

We booked our trip for march two weeks ago. I saw a good deal and jumped on it. In the future we plan on scheduling it out so we can have a less rushed trip.

9. Barry the Baptist

I like Vacations to Go... you can get interline rates through them but it's a great website for booking cruises. vacationstogo.com

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

Well last year Revis stayed at the Beach & Yacht club? Something like that.

11. GreenMachine

Yacht club. Most of the guys stay at Saratoga Springs. Both resorts have large 2 and 3 bedroom suites

12. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

stayed there and visited there for day visits

much smaller than the other disneys
    you can do a day visit easily from Hk it self , train from central and get of at sunny bay for mickey train(disneyland is on llantau island 25 mins from airport)
    there are only 2 hotels at disneyland but they are a 20 min bus trip from dl, a loop

the train station at dl is 10 min walk from park enterance

park set up like others just smaller less rides
    lots of visitors from china where lets say manners are not there greatest asset

ask away any questions rich

an alternative to Dl is ocean park a 20 min taxi ride from central . The main feature are the pandas

it is on 2 levels the pandas and a few rides are on bottom level, there is cable car or a train that goes inside up a mountain to upper level with more rides and dolphin shows etc

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I'll make sure I take a new one to add to your collection.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was at DW the weekend of the Pats game. Watched the game at O'hana restaurant at the Polynesian. Had a great time there. Hadn't been there for around 25 years. Pats jerseys everywhere by day,not 1 to be seen that night.

15. Barry the Baptist

Yeah I've been reading and they say it's much smaller and very Chinese. No clocks on Main Street USA and quite a few Chinese superstitions included in the park. On the bright side it's much cheaper then the US parks. Only about 45 dollars for an adult and 30 for a child. It's only me and the 3 year old going so I think it'd be a nice reward for him for traveling to Hong Kong and Taiwan with his dad.

I'm only gonna be there for 2 or 3 days so I want to do some other things like Happy Valley!!! Maybe buy a suit from one of the tailors and head to the top of the gondolas. I'm looking to stay in Kowloon but Ocean Park sounds like a good idea.

It'd be pretty awesome if I could pull it off as that would mean that my son would have visited Hong Kong Disney , Dinseyland and Disneyworld within one calender year. I can't imagine too many people would be able to say they pulled that off.

16. Barry the Baptist

I watched at a small quiet bar close to my work and there about about 7 or 8 Pats fans in there and I could hear them getting pissed and calling me a bandwagon jumper :rofl: but they left early.... I wonder why?

17. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

you needs to 3 trips a tailor, measuring and choosing, fitting , and collecting pm if you need a name

you should do peak, suggestion, take a taxi to bottom of peak tram , if too many ppl, get taxi to drive you up and get tram down

happy valley...on the way to ocean park

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm in a minority here, never been to any of the Disneys, but feel its my idea of hell.
    Fake everywhere, queues and lots of people with helium sounding voices. Thankfully my kids have never asked to go - phew!

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yes, I have been on a couple but don't have any other cruise to compare it too but I LOVED the cruise. It was a great time, my son had a great time, the food is good, the shows are good, the beach was great, the pools are fun, the rooms are nice(for a cruise so I hear). I highly recommend it and now they have a new boat w/ this ridiclous watr coaster that actually goes over the side of the boat.

[​IMG]

20. colleen74

colleen74 Member

My brother was the same way... until we got him there. Now he loves it and even went on his honeymoon there.