The Deshaun Watson Situation (POLL added for the potential price)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rockinz, Jan 16, 2021.

?

What is the MOST you would give up to get Watson?

1. Just the #2 pick

24 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. The two 1's and 3 we got from Seattle

37 vote(s)
    27.2%
  3. The #2, Seattles first in 2022, our 1st in 2023

55 vote(s)
    40.4%
  4. More - just get it done.

20 vote(s)
    14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

someone wrote in another thread - I would have to think the optics of trading him to the dolphins for in part the pick that they traded them (3 overall) would look absolutely horrific. You take the best deal but at the same time you have to try to not look like chumps. Just my 2 cents.

rickjet and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. JetFan20

JetFan20 Well-Known Member

3. JetFan20

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

How in the world do they figure those odds for Atlanta and Carolina are better than the Jets or Dolphins (Carolina)???

rickjet likes this.
  5. JetFan20

Houston would prefer to trade him out of the AFC. Watson is from Georgia and went to Clemson. Obviously Atlanta and Carolina would love to get him.

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

If the Jets can't acquire him, Watson playing in Atlanta would be pretty enjoyable and my 2nd favorite outcome.

7. NYJFOREVER

Sure, but Atlanta can't afford him. Carolina could make a deal but they'd mortgage everything and more.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I think it will cost more then people realize.If Jamal got us two 1sts then they could want up to 4 first rounders.We have to many holes on the roster i say do it if you can get him for both Seattle Picks,Darnold,and this years 2nd

9. JetFan20

Their billionaire owner would want nothing more than to bring the best player in Clemson history to the Panthers. Blank check.

10. NYJFOREVER

The NFL isn't the MLB.

rickjet likes this.
  11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Not in a million years

12. nyjetsgreen

nyjetsgreen Active Member

Why isn't their a option for none I would not pay that For Watson especially the fact the Jets could have drafted him but took a safety instead. Jets have to many holes to be doing this best option is Trade back. but if they need a QB draft Fields or Wilson still way cheaper they need bodies Watson will have the same amount of success he had this year if the Jets don't have the capital to build a team around him so my vote is none.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is also true. And while I would like Watson, I think Douglas isn't going to do it. Saleh said today that he agrees with building the team slow, and steady, the right way...there are no shortcuts. I think that just ended Watsonmania.

azhar80 likes this.
  14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

All 1st round picks are not created equal. The Jets 2021 pick being locked in at #2 AND being converted in only 3 months put it in a different stratosphere from other 1sts.

The two SEA 1sts that came in the Jamal trade aren't even 50% of the value the #2 overall pick in this year's draft, let alone somehow better because of flawed arithmetic (2 > 1).

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  15. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do your ridiculous Maddenesque trade with Jacksonville, but fortunately don't think we'd have to. We can just trade with the Texans. Trading up for Lawrence would be stupid.

Initially, I was against the idea of trading for Watson at all, but now am all for it within reason. The Jets need more than a QB, but with QB being the most important position and the draft being a crapshoot, this is a no brainer. Watson is only 25. He's the most accurate QB in the NFL. He's a great leader. Allen Robinson has signaled that he would possibly sign with the Jets if we got Watson. He could help attract other FAs as well.

Of course, I'd rather give up as little as possible to get Watson, and I wouldn't do anything crazy like trade all 4 -1st round picks over the next two drafts, but I would trade the #2 pick, our #1 pick in both 2022 and 2023 and either Darnold or our #2 this year. Heck, I'd throw in Mosley too. I don't think I'd go any higher than that, but hopefully we wouldn't have to. Watson doesn't want to be in Houston, which will lower his trade value. They don't want the face of their franchise and leader to be unhappy and hate being there.

Git 'er dun, JD!

16. NCJetsfan

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not for anything but you're comparing a trade for an unknown commodity to a known commodity. Everyone knows what Watson is and at 25 he obviously has room to grow. No one knew what Darnold was other than projections.

You simplify the bold. We've had two OK quarterbacks that we've drafted in 50 years after Joe Namath. And one magical year with Vinny T. None of that worked out. Not only is it difficult to achieve the bold, but it's obviously been exponentially more difficult for gutter franchises such as ourselves as is evident by our inability to do it.

What "above average" free agent quarterback are you getting?

rickjet, NCJetsfan, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

I do. We don't need both Robinson and Golladay, and I don't believe that JD would ever do that. Now if you had said Thuney and Robinson to go along with Watson, I would agree.

19. NCJetsfan

Not necessarily. That's not what I'm seeing on Twitter. He has liked pictures of him in the media in a Jets uniform. He is hanging out in NYC now. His business manager is lobbying him to get traded to the Jets. Watson likes Saleh. It could happen.

rickjet likes this.
  20. NCJetsfan

They've already screwed up by alienating him, and letting O'Brien stay so long and screw things up. They have no one but themselves to blame. I'm sure their fanbase is already pissed at them. If they got the #2 pick in the draft, two other #1 draft picks, and either a #2 or Sam Darnold, I'm sure they could save face. They need to rebuild and don't have the draft picks with which to do it. Watson would be wasted there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.