The Defense Wasn't Great Last Night

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjunc, Sep 14, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Stop with your arrogance. I understand your retarded point, but it's complete bullshit to say the D cost us the game when the offense was beyond stagnant.

stop trolling.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I know it. It was awful to watch. :mad:

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

5. nyjunc

Dig deeper.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

7. nyjunc

Sure it was good enough to win in most games but in most games we aren't facing a D as good as Baltimore. Our O never really had a chance b/c Baltimore's O controlled the game and that was b/c of poor defense- specifically poor pass D.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

Our O never had a chance because they didn't convert a damn 3rd down until there were under 2 minutes in the game and Baltimore was backed off. The defense didn't play great but you have to get SOMETHING out of your offense.

9. nyjunc

The gameplan was to be very conservative on O, the O didn't have a chance w/ the ultra conservative gameplan. It put them in 3rd and longs and we couldn't convert or Baltimore wouldn't allow us to convert like a real big time D.

10. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

How can you say he's nuts? Yeah, they did a great job against the run, but I would rather see Ray Rice run for 100 yards then see Flacco pick them apart on 3rd and long all night. Run D was Great, Pass D was awful.

To edit this-- obviously the O was at fault in this as well. Play calling sucked. Green Sucked. LT was a bright spot on a few nice plays. If Sanchez waited another quarter of a second on that deep ball to Keller, we win. If Braylon doesn't graze the kickers foot on the FG, we win. Such a shitty game.

#30 bigcotch, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Imagine what Brady's going to do to Cro and Wilson next week. Ugh.

13. Barry the Baptist

#33 Barry the Baptist, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  14. songster67

songster67 New Member

Undisciplined. Fumbles in preseason. Penalties last night. But the defense -- even with the penalties -- made this a 1 point game. Can't blame the D for Braylon's shift, Cotch's drop, or Keller's bone head move out of bounds

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's hard to ride a bike when it's got 10 sets of training wheels and you're wearing handcuffs and shackles on top of it. The offense never had a chance because the Jets didn't give it a chance. Running LT up the middle all night against the Ravens is the most fucking retarded thing I have ever seen.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

There's more than just the defenses out there. The D played good (forced 3 turnovers, allowed 2 scores), special teams played good (3 FG's, some good returns) and the offense was downright terrible.

We didn't win because the offense was terrible. You can't expect the D to allow fewer than 9 points per game. Sorry.

17. nyjetsfan1971

nyjetsfan1971 New Member

You can blame the D all you want for all those penalties that kept giving the Ravens first downs, hell you can blame the refs for some shoddy calls especially that crap running into the kicker one.

But how bout I don't know we just blame the O, lets see twice in the first half the D that you are blaming practically gave the O two touchdowns but the O failed to even convert a first down let alone a touchdown. Between the very first sack/fumble recovery, then the INT , you mean to tell me we couldn't score a TD on such a short field? Hell we could of got a first down on the 1 or 2 yard line from the fumble one and we couldn't do that.

I don't Blame the D at all for this game, did they have alot of dumbass penalties, sure but for the most part they played lights out. It was the O who failed to put points on the board, it was the O who failed to move the chains and give our D a rest. For all the first downs the D gave up they only allowed 10 points. For all the firsts the D gave up we did eventually get off the field and guess what in three plays they were back out there. So no don't blame the D for the lack of production from our O.

You can not get gifts like the D gave and only come away with 6 points. You can not consistently go three and out when the D and special teams consistently set you up in great field position.

18. Barry the Baptist

I'm not denying that the offense sucked but making stops on 3rd down is part of playing great defensively. They were constantly giving up big plays on 3rd down whether by penalty or just outright getting beat.

After the 1st quarter they didn't get much pressure on Flacco with the exception of a few plays. Yes they were stellar in shutting down one of the best RBs in the NFL but playing 2/3rds of a series isn't going to iwn you many games regardless of how few points they allowed.

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It's fair to say both sides costs us. If you took away the defensive penalties in last nights game, I don't see Baltimore scoring 10 points. Maybe 3. If Schotty pulled his head out of his ass and the offense didn't continuously botch plays and commit penalties, they could have scored more than 9. If one or the other unit had played as they should we could have won that game.

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This is what I agree with.