The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Damn WhiteshowWillie speaking the truth. Good posts dude majority of Jet fans agree with you

2. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Yes I do and they deserve it as they are franchise makers

No franchise has ever been built on a CB , see the pats for the last 10 years.

He is a great player ( revis ) but 10-12 mill not 16 plus god knows what bonus

3. ForTheWin

ForTheWin New Member

From Rod Boone's Twitter:

Just asked Dwight Lowery how Revis' absence helps him: "Darrelle's going to be here. It's only a matter of when ... I know what's going on."

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Salaries are going to be going up across the board. Every position is about to get more expensive. We're right at the cusp of it.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Generally speaking salaries go up across the board, but part of the reason the owners opted out of the CBA is that they cannot continue to have salaries raise at the rate they have been. The percentage of revenue has been cutting into their profits at a rate they cannot continue to do.

They will still go up after the CBA, but probably not at the rate we've been seeing.

6. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Statement from revis camp: "we waited until last poss minute with hope of getting something done. Darrelle won't be there" #nfl #nyj

its official

7. ForTheWin

ForTheWin New Member

More from twitter:

Jets Revis' agent Neil Schwartz on how long holdout may last: "ask the jets."

Schwartz on Revis' mindset:"he was extremely disappointed. He was very deliberate with his family weighing everything in his decision."

More agent neil schwartz on darrelle revis: "He's hurt. Frustrated." #nfl #nyj #jets

8. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

according to schefters twitter, revis is holding out. its official.

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I love Revis but he's under contract and should be in camp. I hope Tanny takes a lesson from the Chargers GM and doesn't budge. Let's spend the money on Mangold and Harris now and Revis can wait.

10. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Fucking Ridiculous

You don't see Brady holding out and if there is anyone who deserves a huge raise in contract its Brady. It's embarrassing how little he makes compared to the other QBs. As for Revis, fuck him let him hold out. All you people who think he deserves it just don't understand the slippery slope that rewriting his contact would do. What about Mangold, Harris? He negotiated the contract, honor it. Fuck for petes sake if he had a shitty year you think he would go to the Jets and tell them to rewrite the contract.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Not exactly how I would say it but you are correct, the issue I have is that he still has 3 years left on the deal. I could see his point if he had a year left but he has 3. Like WSW posted he made a shit load of money previous to this year. If he blew it or didn't invest it wisely that's not the Jets business. What is their business is him being on the field. The Jets have all the leverage here and if he doesn't show up he'll be punished for it.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Only gonna hurt himself, the greedy little bastard.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Tanny probably doesn't give a fuck if Revis keeps pulling these shenanigans. Yeah, he deserves a lot of money, but the Jets have him by the balls.

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

revis, you're a dipshit. your team is potentially on the verge on winning a super bowl and fixated on your little fuckin unreasonable egoic number.

I really hope the jets don't budge, and i don't think they will. what a prick

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Revis has lost my respect, let him hold out. Better yet, let him earn his Aso + $1 money in St. Louis if thinks honor is all about getting paid.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think he would probably be okay with that haha. Winning is everything to us fans but if we were suiting up we would want the most money too.

As for Revis... EH- I hope we get a deal done because I love the way he plays but he'll show up eventually who cares if he misses some training camp. Hell his rookie year he sat out the whole freakin camp and was ready to go Week 1- if the same happens this year I'm okay with it.

He deserves to get paid though, make no mistake.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't see why people have to start shitting on Revis. I don't agree with the demands his team is making and I think they're being unreasonable, but he's just trying to negotiate and this is a negotiation tool he has available to him.

He will be in camp by August 10th, one way or another. All the talk about "prepared for a long holdout" is nothing but propaganda from his camp.

18. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Without a doubt, 3 Years and 21 million to go, let him sit his ass out as long as he wants. Him and his Agent Neil S (*Can you say Pete Kendell) can sit till hell freezes over. If he chose to come in like Brady and work till something could be worked out then I would say . "Tanny and Woody should try to get something done. Heard they offer him 12 a year and he is holding out for over 15, keep holding baby!!! I love the guy, he is a down right player, but not 15 16 million dollar player.

So get a Mangold's deal done and if possiable get Harris done as well and leave this greedy SOB and his agent to sit. The man has a unbreakable contract if he does not want to play football for the next three years at least we know he will not be playing against us.

The other option as sad as it will be, is to trade the man for as many draft picks as some other team is willing to give and see if there willing to pay him 16 million a year. The Radiers come to mind and I would take the Radiers 1 and 2 and 3 for the next two drafts and ship his ass to Oakland. I'm sure his family and advisors would love moving to the West Coast.....

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ok lets calm down...The guy at least deserves a raise. But he is skipping out so this process can be moved along quicker.

I honestly would do the same thing he is doing people...NFL is a league where you can lose everything with one injury...Look whats happening at OTA's right now.

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I agree, if Cromartie can come back to form and Kyle Wilson looks promising. Why do we need Revis? We'd still have one of the best secondaries in the NFL...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.