The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Trading Revis, even if it is outside of the division, would be a fucking retarded move.

The Jets need to lock him up long term and we'll have the scariest defense in the league for long damn time and that will make winning a Super Bowl a consistent belief. This team has the tools to win multiple titles if everything falls into place.

2. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Boom I want to end this thread there. This post is 100 percent accurate and correct. If our O can leap forward we will be ok. We also need to pressure the QB and the loss of Revis wont hurt as much.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Which was part of my point above.

We are, better at the CB position 1-4, then we were at the end of last season.

We are also better on the Pass Rush.

On Opening Day when Cro makes Boldin look like a glorified number 2, Revis can start counting the dollars flying out the window.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm glad people are beginning to realize that the Revis camp isn't "holding all the cards". Revis is not going to hold out the entire season. It would be a retarded move on his part, and his agent knows this.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Now we are rationalizing being w/o our best player won't hurt us much? Can we win w/o him? sure, can we win a SB w/o him? I don't know but I know it gets a heck of alot harder. he is our best player on the team and as good as Cromartie can be he cannot be Revis and take away the opponents top WR every week. We need Cromartie taking the 2nd best WR away. Revis is our best and most important player on defense.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^ Daryl Revus sux!!!!!

7. franzman9

franzman9 Member

I just want this bullshit to be settled and done with. I was so excited about this season, now im starting to get fustrated.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Here's the rest of it:

9. Hobbes3259

ESL student?

Who said trade? Koz was responding to the possibility of Revis being signed away after getting a Tender.

NO ONE said trade.

And to that end...anyway...he's a great player, but not at the expense of building a team.

He's a CB (one of the best to be sure) but at the end of the day, he defends against a percentage play.

For the money he's reportedly seeking, a DE, DL or MLB is a far more worthy pursuit.

In terms of absolute impact, he should be behind Mangold, and Harris.

We are...stronger and deeper at the position today, than we were against the Colts.

Look at it this way.

If Cro has a great year and will sign for 30 over 6....are you really ready to send an extra 70 million Revis' way?

(and P.S. before you get snippy about it, I've already outlined a way to get him 100 mil total, pay him more than Aso over three, and advocated for it. but
    if Gilbert has him stuck in douchebag mode, send him to Oakland and be done with it)

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

nothing will happen until the 11th. the Jets are basically telling Revis and his camp well since you had 3 years left on your contract and wanted to hold out we will make you wait until the 11th so we own your rights another year. The Jets will get Revis into camp and have his 2010 season not count toward free agency.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Revis is the most dominant defensive in football. If you can't see that, then something's wrong with you.

If he gets franchised, a team will have to give us picks for him if he signs a tender - that's called a TRADE.

A center and an inside linebacker are most definitely not as important as a shutdown cornerback.

I suppose you think elite wideouts don't need to make top dollar too? He takes those guys out of the game. They are invisible when he's covering them - a fucking percentage play? What the hell are you talking about? He takes points away from opposing teams.

...Sione Pouha and Mike DeVito are far more valuable than an elite cornerback. Give me a break.

I'm never, ever going to look at something the way you do, because I'm not an idiot and I see the true value that he brings to this organization.

PS: Pay the man - he's earned it.

#1331 Mr Electric, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  12. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

We've got Jenkins back and we added Taylor, that should help up front for pressure. Adding Cromartie and Wilson gives us more complete coverage of the secondary. To lose Revis would suck, but I do not think for one moment that will doom our season. Im pretty confident that our Offense will carry its weight this year and we will not rely so heavily on our Defense. The success of our QB will determine how far we get this year.......

13. Hobbes3259

Best, is not the same as most important.

He's not even one of the 5 most important players on the team.

Sanchez, Ferguson, Mangold, Greene, Jenkins (THE most dominant Defensive player on our team...he takes out 2 at a time and REX managed without him...that tells you something about the defense/Revis)

Any one of the first four goes down, we're F*d.

Jenkins...maybe you get by without him again..but he takes out more of the offense than Revis does.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the fuck?!

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

No, they won't...

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You're out of your damn mind. Plain and simple.

17. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Anybody who thinks we will win the Super Bowl without Revis is retarded.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

holy shit, hobbes....did you watch any Jets games last year?!

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What the shit are you babbling about? Read what you just wrote. Did you not pay the cable bill last year or something?

I've come to the conclusion that you no absolutely nothing about football.

Kris Jenkins is not more important than Darrelle Revis. His impact on this team wasn't even close to what Revis did.

Nick Mangold is the best center in the game, but he's not more important than Darrelle Revis...especially with a maturing quarterback.

Shonn Greene is a mid-round pick that's being used in a RBBC. How is he more important than a shutdown corner?

Mark Sanchez is the most important player on this team. Locking up Ferguson was an incredible smart move.

However, this team has to win with defense right now. Darrelle Revis is the best defender in the game - he needs to be here.

20. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

On Defense he is our most important player and he's a top 3 player in terms of importance on our team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.