The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

im so messed up but nay news lately? is this fucker gunna come or not ahah. ahahahhahaa

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don't consider holding out negotiating in bad faith if contracts are not guaranteed. This is the only sport where holdouts are commonplace. Holding out is the only negotiating tool a NFL player has.

3. Scottso

Scottso Member

No, I understand what stipulation means, yet you don't. My cutting and pasting the definition was trying to teach your dumb ass something. However, did your dumb ass ever stop to think that if the majority of people on this forum think your a retard, the possibility exists that you're a retard...just a thought, just a thought...

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You are among the most obtuse people on this board. You essentially say the Jets should let him rot and will let him rot. Then comeback and say where did I get that notion from?

Gee, I don't fucking know, wanna take a wild guess where I got that idea from?

5. Scottso

Scottso Member

And you never acknowledged what I said, does Revis have any care if he ever gets paid again?

6. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

A thought I see no one bringing up anywhere (in the media specifically, though I haven't really seen it mentioned anywhere else either) is if Revis sits out the entire year which is possible, and there's a lockout/strike next season, he'll be two years removed from playing in the NFL.

Does he really think missing two years of professional football is okay? Not only will no one in the league period want to pay him a lot of money by then, who knows how he'll perform (the best he could hope for is a big incentive laden deal). Sure everyone else would miss a year two, but missing two years in a row is pretty big. It's the NFL, I don't care who you are, not playing football at a high level for two years and expecting to waltz in and play at your former level is ridiculous and impossible.

For his sake, he better hope they hammer out a new CBA in time if he holds out the entire season.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

No you have no idea what it means. You looked it up for the first time, tried to throw it back at me with a limited understanding of it and it backfired.

Here let me help you for your limited understanding and lack of reading comprehension:

Stipulation can mean assumption or premise. I was making an assumption or premise (ie: stipulation) that Revis is never going to sit for the duration of his career.

Do you understand or do I need to stop using words greater than 2 syllables?

#11027 Miamipuck, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Bull puckies. I never stated the Jets are going to make Revis rot. Please stop making up phony arguments falsely alleging I said things that I never said.

Revis decided to not live up to his contract and hold out. Whether Revis plays or not is up to Revis. Its not really up to the Jets. If Revis wants to play, then I am sure the Jets would be happy to have him playing. He's a great CB. I never stated the Jets should make Revis rot. That makes no sense since its up to Revis whether he plays or not.

The Jets can decide to trade Revis or not trade Revis. Based on his behavior and the behavior of his agents and the fact that nobody is going to offer the Jets a player of comparable value - I would not agree to trade Revis.

Whether Revis chooses to come back to his team and play is up to him.

9. Scottso

Scottso Member

Haha...hey you believe what you want, but stipulation does not mean anything close to assumption or premise...stipulation means a demand...Hahahaha and I didn't have to look it up I knew it which is what made me go to dictionary.com to cut it and paste it to teach your dumb ass...If I didn't know it I would've just made the ASSUMPTION that your dumb ass knew what you were talking about...

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I don't think I've been this miserable about something specific before the start of a season since Chad got hurt in 2003.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You cut and pasted it as it was the first time you ever saw the word and still have no idea what it means. You are like arguing with my dog except she understands concepts better.

BTW When some complete loser like you tells me I am a retard or a dumbass I think it is kind of funny. Thank you for the laugh.

#11031 Miamipuck, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Wrong. Most NFL players negotiate new contracts without holding out and trying to hijack their team's seasons. Holding out = refusing to perform as you promised to perform under the contract that you signed. Its a breach of contract. You may choose to think that breaching a contract is okay as long as the person doing the breaching is a football player. In which case I don't agree with you. Holding out is basically a form of bad faith and so is trying to force a team to trade you.

13. aburre

aburre Member

holding out is the best way to tell a team you mean business. You may think it's not in good faith, but I think it's brilliant.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I guess that's one way of looking at it. There's also the element that an NFL player does not want to take the risk of coming to camp w/o a contract or in Revis's case one commensurate with their play and get hurt. Ask Leon about where "negotiating in good faith" got him. IMO holding out in the NFL will be a breach in contract only when cutting players before the end of their contracts and not paying them their full contract amounts is also a breach. It has to go both ways.

15. ........

........ Trolls

I've been trying to think of who you remind me of for a while now, and I finally thought of it. Your tone is pitch perfect. I now read all of your posts in his voice and it's brilliant. This is not even remotely an insult, either. He's my favorite muppet:

[​IMG]

16. Scottso

Scottso Member

You're right....

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah! Everyone should do it!

Every year!

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I've just realised why I keep smiling at your name...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=296bGnCsRJo

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Revis Article

The bolded part looks like the players are echoing some of the sentiments that Revis's camp isn't negotiating in good faith and making unreasonable demands. Finally they are seeing it like the we do.

Of course who knows with Cimini. He loves his anonymous sources. I suppose it is good news that the players are taking that position. However, I doubt Revis is going to come to his senses. I hope I am wrong.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

the proof is in the reading about the lovely agents he has, plus the ethical uncle he has in his head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.