The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Let this fuckin prick commit career suicide. Coming back or not, he's an asshole. and i don't think he's coming back. we'll survive without him.i've accepted that we wont have him this season pretty much.

Extorting a team that's potentially on the verge of the superbowl shows what a greedy POS he is. Keep listening to your loser uncle and shady agents....who's a bigger douche S&F or Alvin Kiels?

i'd love to see this whole situation blow up in revis' and his agents face...it pretty much already has in the public eye

fuckin Greedvis

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeaaah Baaaybee!

3. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (10 Days Until MNF)

Seriously? If I was him, I'd have signed the second they put $120 million in front of me. There is no good reason why he's still holding out unless the Jets have truly offered 0 guaranteed dollars. Do you really believe that's true?

It's less painful because at his position, his absence prior to the season doesn't hurt as much, but it's sure as hell not the right thing for him to do to continue to sit out just to seek every possible penny of that $160 million.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Unfortunately, there maybe a ring of truth to that Cole article. In his warped view of things he really thinks the Jets are fucking him. If this is on principle then it is quite possible that Indy game is the last one he plays in a Jets uni.........

I hate to say it but something just doesn't seem right in this entire process.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

just stopping in for my daily "fuck revis" post.

6. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

I agree, but many of you thought we were gonna draft a d-lineman there.

I thought maybe we would go cb cause of what happend in the AFCCG.

but tanny has said he has been trying to hammer out a deal w/revis since january.

7. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Did anyone see this posted on Schwartz and Feingolds site back in July? THIS is how they opened up the negotiating/PR salvo with the Jets. IMO a totally accusatory, immature and classless tirade against the Jets ownership and management. No wonder this has turned ugly, they started OUT ugly.

7/24/2010 - This is no time for Mike Tannenbaum (and Woody Johnson) to be picking up the telephone inquiring about Terrell Owens.

The only call they should be making -- today, tomorrow, the day after tomorrow -- is to Darrelle Revis and his people.

Every waking hour inside the Atlantic Jets Health Training Center should be devoted to showing their best player enough money to avoid a holdout who could easily make this much ballyhooed Super Bowl-or-Bust season go bust.

Then again, if nothing else, the T.O. No development served to take the attention away, for a few hours of sports talk radio, from the Revis impasse.

What's next? Mark Gastineau, with Brigitte Nielsen in tow, being summoned to help Rex Ryan get after the quarterback?

JetS fans who have been forced to panhandle to pay for PSLs in the new stadium -- including those who were reluctantly offered 50 percent refunds -- are in no mood to listen to ownership wails about the labor uncertainties that right now imperil the 2011 season. If Jet fans - and fans of the other 31 NFL teams -- are operating under the belief that there will be football next season, then Johnson and his fellow NFL owners owe it to them to do the same.

Opportunity has never knocked this hard has been the Jets' marketing campaign. It doesn't knock hard at all without the best cornerback in the land.

Revis Island shouldn't mean your best player should be thinking about standing on principle all alone and far away from teammates who worship his genius when the long, hot Hard Knocks summer begins in Cortland Sunday.

Embittering your best player, making him feel as though he has been betrayed, is no less folly than believing that T.O. No could have been one more piece of the reality show that is already the New York Jets. Just what a young franchise quarterback like Mark Sanchez needed, right? A faded 36-year-old narcissist who can turn young franchise quarterbacks gray overnight.

If there is one player who deserves a boatload of guaranteed money, it is Revis.

If there is one player who does not deserve to be insulted by having to wait for an offer of so much as a single guaranteed dollar, it is Revis.

Darrelle Revis can cover T.O. No in his sleep. Then again, so could plenty of other NFL cornerbacks. Carson Palmer wanted T.O. No? Well, he got him late yesterday. Ochocinco paired with Ocholoco.

If I were a betting man, I would bet that cooler heads will prevail at the 11th hour and the owners and players union will recognize the insanity of killing the golden goose, and there will be professional football next season. For the Patriots, it is no excuse for not paying Tom Brady. For the Colts, it is no excuse for not paying Peyton Manning. For the Jets, it is no excuse for not signing Darrelle Revis.

Now that T.O. now is a Bengal (one year, $2 million), Tannenbaum (and Johnson) must pick up the phone and call Revis and put an end to this madness and find a way to get this deal done. Not just for him. For his teammates. For the franchise. For the fan

8. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

thats true. with the way things are going when it comes to rookie contracts in this league it would probably cost more then just paying revis lol

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That sentence would be in my sig right now if I still had control of it.
    As a kind gesture, MantanaSoss placed this Riggins thingy in my sig, although I could have done it myself. Now I cannot remove those Lee butthurt and cat litter pan comments. I tried to remove them the other day to advertise my Yahoo pick 'em groups, but no dice.

10. NEJets

NEJets Member

Well said, fuck him, let him stay home for 3 years.

11. Hobbes3259

He'd still owe the Jets three years.

12. HighFlyingJets

This is all about money for Revis, but at the same time, this kid isn't dumb, he's not stupid - he'll become a long term Jet before we know it.

The Jets have the ability to not only fine Revis for every practice/meeting/game that he misses, but the Jets also have the ability to make sure that Revis doesn't play a single down of NFL football until he's 30 years old. I'm not sure that Revis is willing to ruin his prime years on the bench, not playing a game that he's loved since a kid, for the next 5 years.

As of right now, Revis is 25 years of age with three years left on his current contract. Slap Revis with the franchise tag twice, and Revis could belong to the Jets for a good 5 years.

This situation reminds me of the movie Hurricane Carter. There is only so much a man can take before he gives in to the system. Hurricane Carter went to prison for a crime he never committed. Once he went to Prison, he refused to wear the prison uniforms for the simple fact, he was an innocent man and wouldn't allow the system to treat him like a criminal. They sent Carter to the hole until he accepted the fact that he had to wear the same uniform as everyone else charged and convicted of a crime. I cant remember exactly, but Carter went days, weeks, months and maybe even a year or two in the hole before pretty much losing it and going crazy. Before you knew it, Carter was sporing the prison blues (Or something like that).

Revis may be playing hard ball, but I'm not worried. The Jets control this situation and I'm pretty sure the Jets front office won't allow a player like this to hit the open market for at least the next 4 years.

13. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

no way can this organization spend that much $ on one player.[160 million]

120, i'm ok with.

Imo, this defense will still be better than last seasons defense.

and here's why.

1.A. healthy jenkins for a whole season. [hopefully]

2. j.taylor.

3. getting rid of rhodes.

4. the second year in the system.

obviously w/revis this defense is godly, but our defense will still be better than last year.

I would also like to say that cromartie and wilson is a great 1,2 combo, w/leanord, poole, and smith.

#10893 ajetsfan4ever, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  14. Hobbes3259

EVER.

These agents f*d with this GM on lesser players before.

Now Tannenbaum holds their business in his hands, and they don't realize it.

When Drew Rosenhaus approaches a college kid and says....THose two had the best player in the league, and cost him a career...whose going to sign with these two assholes ever?

15. Scottso

Scottso Member

The funniest part about his logic is that he wants to be the highest paid cornerback, yet when he is sitting home not playing he will not receive a dime. Nnamdi was in the last year of his deal, totally different story than he has. That's not even getting into the fact that Nnamdi's deal is off the charts.

So the money is so important, yet I'm gonna sit out and receive nothing because you're not making me the highest paid, yet I have no other options cause you control my rights. I mean it makes zero sense, if the guy actually turns down $12 to $13 mil a year because he isn't highest paid, he is an absolute moron

Especially when they control his rights and he is in the prime of his career...imagine being a 24 year old guy and being offered $120 mil and being pissed off about it, blows my mind...

16. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Whats all this discussion about? Nothing has happened in weeks. This thread is more beat up than thai hooker.

17. Hobbes3259

A.

A thai hooker...

18. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

$120 million is really, really friggin' nice, but by all means, it's still below market value. I still think, though, that the guaranteed dollars is the bigger snag than total compensation.

19. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I mean, I agree with that, too.

20. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Yeah, I saw that a few weeks ago. Ridiculous. I never thought I'd hate an agent(s) more than Alvin Keels, but here ya go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.