The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You're looking at that from the wrong angle. His leverage isn't similar to other holdouts in the classic sense. He has 3 years left. I don't think Iggy would dispute that.

Revis has leverage because like it or not he makes the Jets a better football team by playing. If you can quantify how much, well that would correspond to how much leverage he has. If the Jets start shitty, then it could be he has a ton of leverage, conversely the opposite is also true.....

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Yeah, except that if the Jets go 0-3 and the secondary gets torched repeatedly I kinda see Rex, Tanny and crew say #### you even more to Revisl... We don't get bullied into making deals.

Yeah, Schwartz is Pete Kendalling us once again, the guy deserves a punch in the face.

3. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

That's the point some posters are missing. This organization, in my opinion, is not going to get bullied into making a decision that is clearly not in their best interest. Rex said as much on the first hard knocks show. Mevis selected the wrong organization to screw with.

4. JD8p

JD8p New Member

Sure...if the Jets start off 0-3, Revis has leverage in the sense that the team will be scrambling.

But that is a big if.

As of right now, I think it is pretty simple...if nothing changes, and no one takes action, the Jets will continue to play football and try to win games. Darrelle Revis will continue to sit at home, workout without collecting a paycheck while racking up fines, and do nothing to fulfill the service he owes the Jets.

Revis is the one forced to bend if he ever wants to collect another paycheck in the NFL...and by bend, I mean accept something like $13mm - $13.5mm per year, for the next 10 years, with around $40 - $45mm of that guaranteed. If he really does not want to, and the Jets really do not want to pay him what he feels he deserves, he will remain under contract, without accruing years of service, or getting closer to becoming a UFA...I mean, he already owes them an extra year of RFA now.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You don't mess with these guys. You won't win.

[​IMG]

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

whoa....i didn't recognize Tanny without his patented grey Jets t-shirt and bedhead.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

This is somewhat related...since the same agents are involved.

VJax's holdout threat just got fucked in the ass

per Schefter
    EDIT: Schwartz & Feinsod's tactics are backfiring miserably.....I'd like to see their client list at the end of the season....for a good laugh.

8. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I recognized him by his Tommy Boy-like "fat guy in a little coat" appearance.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

hahahahaha. Fuck those agents.

10. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

OT- Jenny Vrentas is really good looking. If i was one of the Jets I'd be trying to get some of that for an inside scoop

Revis should try and offer her first interview for some tail

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

AS is reporting a 7th rounder for Crayton

12. Denny

Denny Active Member

Fans should not hold anymore hope in Revis coming back. I thought T.O. was selfish but at least he played. Key had a big mouth and got benched but played when he could. Revis is quiet and sits out. Football obviously is not his main concern and his "holdout" more like hostage attempt and is an epic fail.

His Grandmother, God bless her soul, should be telling him to play his heart out and give a hundred percent and his blessing will follow. No instead she tells everybody that the boy is being wronged. Where is the wisdom? I see misplaced pride here from the matriarch of the family.

Oh well......I'm done and accept what we have. I'm a doomer but gonna stick with these guys out there now. It's time to move on. You can only be a Jet if your out there playing like a Jet.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

S&F will be drinking heavily tonight.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I have no facts to back up this opinion, but I am willing to bet the NFL would not employ or indirectly employ through one of its partners, like a network, a player that is holding out and thus negatively effect the team he is holding out from by employing him in another position in opposition to his current obligation to the league. he either works for the NFL under his current contract, as a player, or not with the league at all.

15. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Looks to be like VJ might get traded which is what they want no?

16. WhiteShoeWillis

That could be the case. I prefer to think the Chargers are telling him to go fuck himself.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I agree.

That extends to my position about not being tradeable.

What other GM is going to want to help empower these two assholes?

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

those guys really fucked the dog with these holdouts.....I mean....Rosenhaus makes them look like a bunch of dime-store hacks.

I'm glad SD swung that deal.......fuck Schwartz & Feinsod....I hope they enjoy that tasty shit sandwich.

19. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

mortreport RT @KardiacKids19: @mortreport What does this say about V. Jackson? >> Looks like a precursor to a trade, right?

20. WhiteShoeWillis

Like I said, it's what I want to think. It's not necessarily the most logical scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.