The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Neither is, but if his price will go down next year why dont we make an offer next year..Im not so concerned with his agents if hes gonna be a JET longterm.. WHy trade him.. He is a rare talent, thats a given so each season we make an offer, if he refuses he can sit until he is a FA

#10741 Nacho Sanchez, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Dealing him for a draft pick next year (after he attempts to hold a Super Bowl run hostage)
    is the mentality of a 2 dollar ho.

Any team that might give up value and pay the player thinks they are one step away from the Super Bowl, and is by definition direct competition....you might as well ship him to N.E.

3. ........

........ Trolls

By all means, I'm still waiting for your example of ONE player who was dealt with in the manner you're preaching.

4. Hobbes3259

How many times must hits be said...

He cannot sit until he's a free agent..he owes the NYJ 3 years no matter how long he sits..that does not change

5. ........

........ Trolls

That depends on how much damage you feel will be done in the process. I don't think the FO would want him to return to the locker room or deal with his agents after a year long hold out.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Why did the Eagles deal TO rather than make him play out his contract?

Why did the Bucs deal Keyshawn?

7. Hobbes3259

Kind of the point you keep dodging.

They dont need to deal with his agents. He does.
    he owes 3 years, at 1,5,15..then there's the franchise tag.

And if he decides to not be motivated...well..whats the going rate on a corner that cant cover?

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This holdout is different than any other. Every NFL owner is watching. I'll bet they are even talking to Woody, asking him not to cave. This is a milestone event in the NFL. Why? No CBA. 3 years left on his contract. Revis has refused to budge at all, turning down some very good offers in a down economy. Unemployment is near 10%. The PSL's haven't sold.

This is the showdown at the OK corral. Right now is the stare down. The Jets have Revis outgunned. The 3 year contract. Revis has a choice. Drop the gun and have a career, or perhaps sit for the next 3 years, and yes, I think that is possible. Not likely, but I really don't see Revis playing this year. I'm so pissed, that is almost what I want now, unless Revis comes to his senses. Also at stake for the owners is to show NFL players that a bad choice of agents can cost you, dearly.

Let V Jackson and Revis sit on their asses all year/ Lose millions of dollars. In Revis' case, 12 fuckin million. Fuck Revis, Jackson and their agents. Let 'em rot in their own self made pig sty.

9. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

so then he can retire or sit until he decides to play...but trading him to a team where he's gonna play thats not NYJ is a stupid idea no matter what value you get...It's not gonna hurt a roster spot the next few years

10. Scottso

Scottso Member

Has anyone sued Woody Johnson yet, so he's forced to sign Darrelle Revis like that one guy recommended in the thread he started?

11. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not dodging anything. That's your role.

The poster asked why trade him next year if he'll take a lesser deal. I explained why.

12. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

because their idiots!!!

13. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Trade him. I like picks and players that want to play. At this point it is a joke. He has 3 yrs on his contract adn there is only so much the team can do to give him a raise based on that alone. Think of the worse team and the league get a a young dt and maybe a pick CAN WE CALL DETRIOT?

14. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

Neither were really in the "prime" of their careers or had the ability a Revis does.. Wide receivers are a dime a dozen... A good shutdown corner is not

15. ........

........ Trolls

That one bolded portion pretty much sums up 95% of the posters in this thread.

16. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! You never trade away a revis. You make him sit out the remainder of his contract, while reducing your offers. If he's worth 12 million/year now, then he must be worth less next year if he sits out the entire year. Frankly,if he sits out an entire year, he might never be as good a player again, just as his uncle was a piece of wildly overpriced crap after he came back after a year missed.

This is also a very useful strategy when dealing with agents in the future. If they let revis sit out a year what do you think they'll do with a hold out threat from anyone else?

#10756 edray10, Sep 3, 2010
  17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

bahahahaha!

18. Hobbes3259

Owens would have been due a 9 million dollar Sb.

Johnson, the Bucs paid $$$$ to keep so that they could retain his rights.

Neither of the two was in the same boat as this player.

He owes 1 year at 1 mil, minus fines.

19. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

but people have a right to feel blitzed when they having been paying out the ass this year to see a good football and the star player says he cant feed his family whihc is crap and doesnt have any respect to even make 1 public coment since faking his injury at OTA's?? He hides behind Geiger's twitter and his uncle and agents poor advice and its frustrating, especially with the season a week away and asperations of a SB

#10759 Nacho Sanchez, Sep 3, 2010
  20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

If he sits into the season I just don't know how Rex or anyone could look Revis in the Eyes without wanting to punch him out....

I don't see how he could ever ACT LIKE A JET after doing this.....

I'd rather get some talent in return so we could at least use the extra pick on a CB and not be set back as much next year.....

Cromartie might not be the guy, he also might want a lot of money - We might NEED 2 Cb's next year....

I want the pick... I'd definitely prefer sending him to a Shitty NFC team though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.