The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

The bad ending is we have a greedy player who clearly isn't a team player no matter what his team mates say in front of camera

I honestly cannot see him in Green and White again

2. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The only one

Right now this is much more about the agents and their future business. They have oversold the kid with the help of Mom and Uncle. They expected the Jets to cave just like when he held out as a rookie. Their minions in the press, like Cole, and the talk show geeks were sure to be on their side. It has surprised them that the fans are not.
    Surely, Revis wants to play and probably calls the agents every ten minutes. His teammates talk to him and want to come in. He is a football player after all.
    It's hard to tell family to back off. The agents are probably feeding him that disrespect nonsense. He seems like a good kid but too many people have put their interest ahead of his.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So in a matter of 1 month Revis has gone from wanting to be a Jet for life to never wanting to comeback. Also we now know he still lives at home with his Grandma, which I picture like Family Matters, only Urkel is played by John Geiger.

Revis has come close to signing deals every day up until now, everyone expects him to be signed by week 1 but everyone also believes he won't play.

On top of that we learned now Revis wants the Jets to lose, but if they win it'd be even better. Revis has his own camp, and it's filled with assholes, according to some the biggest asshole is his very own Uncle because he held out for a year and received a record breaking deal, what a dick huh?

It was confirmed that he won't be on Hard Knocks at all, except for the final episode of course. Without twitter, AOL, Yahoo, we would not have learned any of this. WHo knows maybe the fans bashing Revis and his besty via twitter have had an impact. Every person on their is a better decision maker then Revis, his camp of assholes and Tanny.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Which is fine.

As long as they never allow him to play in the NFL again.

5. ........

........ Trolls

In other words, no one knows shit.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Which is fine.

As long as they trade him and recoup some value.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There's no bad ending for the Jets?

If Revis isn't on the field week 1 it's a bad ending. He's one of the best defensive players in the league. Anything short of him not playing the entire season for the Jets is a bad ending IMO.

That doesn't mean I want them to pay the Ransom.

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

What team will give him 160 mil with half gauranteed though?

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'd be pissed if the Jets traded him and he agreed to a deal similar to the one he was offered here.

10. Hobbes3259

That's not a bad ending.

That's a less preferable ending.

A Bad ending is, We didn't get Cro, we didn't draft Wilson, and Opening day is Lowery/Strickland at RCB/LCB.

Today, the secondary is better than it was against Indy.

that's a good thing.

11. maynardsmyhero-uk

I think that is where Tanny is right now. having had to deal with the two pricks before he probably knows this is going to get worse before it gets better

12. Hobbes3259

recouping any value, is bad because of the history of these agents and this team.

It's also bad for the league.

No player should be able to force his way out of the middle of a contract.

career ending injury is the only reasonable course for the Jets to pursue

13. ........

........ Trolls

No one. He won't be traded this season and he won't have the same reasoning behind his demands next offseason. If he were to sit out, he'd be forced to take a lower offer with the Nnamdi contract ended. That's why the whole 'sit out the season' threat is so foolish. I never thought they'd make that threat publicly, but if they put it out there through Cole, they're morons.

I was just pointing out that the 'if he doesn't play for us, make sure he never plays for anyone ever again!' approach is foolish. It ignores the realities of how business is conducted in the NFL.

If Revis holds out this season and our secondary is fine (which I'd imagine it would be), trade him and spend his money elsewhere.

14. Hobbes3259

Tanny would be a c*nt to not sit on the player.

15. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

I will never understand the idea of trading him. Why would we want him on the field with another team in the next 3 years. No value we would get could equal it.

If hes not on the field for us, hes not on the field for anybody. Let him sit out 3 years, pay the Jets his fine money, and in 3 yeard he's more than free to play. If he wants to have a layoff longer than Plaxico and Vick then thats what hes got himself into. After not playing for 3 years, you think his value is gonna be anywhere near it is now??

And why give him what he wants? Which is a way out if hes not gonna get paid here? He deserves no benefit after his actions this offseason

16. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Revis' agents picked a very bad time to try getting the fan sympathy vote. Here we are, in a shit economy, tons of people unemployed or just struggling to ACTUALLY feed their families, and these losers are spouting off about 10 million dollars a year to play football being DISRESPECTFUL.

C'mon, get real, Jets fans are as blue collar a lot as they come, were not gonna
    buy that act.

17. maynardsmyhero-uk

Agree but i still see us dealing him at some stage , its in Tanny's nature.

i don't know why but I see him with the cowgirls

18. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

This is how I feel about this.

19. ........

........ Trolls

Pursue a career ending injury? You want him to pick a fight with Rob Turner and a chainsaw?

No player should be able to force his way out of a contract, but they do. It's the way business is done, and it sucks. Business decisions sometimes do.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Are you trying to say he'd be a cent? A penny?

Why not just type cunt?

BTW, Hobbes, I'm shocked you're not a liberal the way you wear your heart on your sleeve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.