The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

That was a lot to read, and generally on message boards that's not a good thing, but that post was an exception. Well written, Bradway.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You write pretty good Br4. You should be a writer.

That being said, it sounds like his agents shit the bed here, and really bad on Jackson. I mean he is just fucked for this year.

Revis could lose a year or two of his career, and I would guess alot of money in fines if he decides to sit. 3 years left on his contract. Could he actually be out three years? Wow.

3. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

Yeah, nice writeup Br4dw4y5ux.

Schwartz and Feinsod make me want to SMASH THINGS.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

The problem I have with him saying in a few years, this will be a bargain. No it won't, in a few years, Revis will be unhappy again that he is paid less than other corners.

5. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

in a few years he will have been out of football longer than Michael Vick with no REAL football competition in that time frame. Who the hell is gonna throw anything more than a few mill at him.

6. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

Excellent post.... Still can't figure out why columnists, etc....keep saying that 'the Jets have not been able to sign Revis to a contract'....uhmm....because he has one....

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree, and was thinking along those lines with his current deal. I mean, could you see him sitting out two years? He won't be worth that much in two years.

This could go on into next year at this point. The Jets made their offer with three years left on the current deal, the agents said no. Goodbye Revis, see you in 2013. That's alot of fines.

8. m0nk3y

m0nk3y New Member

great post, excellent read.

9. Great post Bradway. And those of us who are familar w/ negotiations and leverage KNEW that Revis holding out this long was NOT in his best interest. Holding out till game 4 of the preason for the FO's best could have been a win for him..but now he stares at a very dark road ahead. A road that not only jeopardizes his career on the field...but will very slowly begin to diminish his "Brand" off the field. In a changing NFL landscape in which the passing game is becomming more and more prevalant, and a different NY team threatens to become a nationally followed entity, Revis could become the face of the NFL. But with his current actions...that is a pipe dream.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

so does anybody think revis is really stupid enough to not accept the jets offer?

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

At this point, with his uncle and these two clowns in his ear. Yes.

12. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

sadly i do.. i think he believes he can still play after not playing for 3 yrs or that he can force he way outta NY

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

If God was a Jets fan.....Sean Gilbert would be struck by lightning at some point this weekend.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

After the Mo Lewis hit on Bledsoe it's pretty clear that God is not a Jets fan, unless he is a harsh, cruel and unforgiving God. I guess we could have the new testament dude up there rooting for the Jets but not the Gutenberg version.

15. BigJenks

BigJenks Active Member

someone with twitter should send this to revis to read

16. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

unfortunately he would only get the first 140 characters..lol

17. aburre

aburre Member

They are going to regret not paying him. Once the defense doesn't live up to expectations and Sanchez has to win games for the team they are going to be blowing his phone up. If I was him I would say no take backs. I would request a trade. You said I wasn't worth it before, you can't change your mind.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah...i'm sure the guy with NO FUCKING LEVERAGE is going to say exactly that. :rolleyes:

19. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

if he doesn't play this year, isn't he still ours for 3 more years? doesn't he at least have to report in week 10 or something like that to progress a year on his contract?

20. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

you are such an idiot. they are NEVER trading him. Revis will destroy his career if he sits for three years, and I can't wait for him to do so and realize what an idiot he has been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.