The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Revis is no longer a Jet, someone just has to tell the negotiators its over. Like a bad celebrity marriage, big egos + financial dispute + hurt feelings = divorce.

Business or not, it has become more personal than they are letting on and that spells doom.

Welcome to Wilson Peninsula !

:shit:

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i think that blue helmet you're wearing in your avatar....might be on a little too tight.

3. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Totally agree. The next few days will tell the tale of who is really holding this shit up.

If I could play GM for a day I would put out one final offer to Schwartz. 10 for 135, 65 mill guarunteed (35 in up-front signing bonus, 30 garunteed for injury over the first 6 years). Prorated over the contract life this wouldn't be a huge cap hit, and realistically six years is all that a ten-year deal is going to matter for anyway. Holdout clause would be in the deal.

Take it or leave it.

They have nothing left if they leave it.

#10263 milo, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  4. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Exactly! As a matter of fact, I would say that if he is not with the team to practice for the entire week leading up to game 1, we can talk again next year.

Nobody needs this distraction, this is not good for anyone.

I actually wish they had done this earlier and said if your not back by week 3 of pre-season, talk to you next year.

I question if the entire defense can even get ready for a good team like the Ravens in one week, of which Revis will have zero actually game experience this year.

I have said it before, will say it again, I am done rooting for Revis. IF he comes back, I want him to do well, but other than that, I will never think highly of him again, and in fact would go out of my way not to buy anything he endorsed.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I don't think they had a plan A, unless we really consider give us a $16 million a year or guarantee $60 million or we won't play at all is really considered a plan. obviously I am guessing on the numbers, but their only plan simply seemed to be the threat of not playing at all, which anyone with a brain knows is completely asinine since he has 3 years on the contract, and hope all the moves the Jets made in the off season for an obvious push to a Super Bowl instigated a level of desperation in the club that not having Revis would cause such fear that they can't accomplish that goal without him that they would pay whatever they asked.

I think they are wrong and I hope the Jets make that clear by sticking to their position if their offers are reasonable.

6. Jets41815162342

At this point, my blue helmet is closer to being right than your girl with the Tara Ried abs...unless you have some inside info on a pending deal, which you know you dont. Read between the lines...it's a media blackout because it is REAL BAD, not out of courtesy and professionalism...otherwise there would be a deal by now. Everyone is overthinking what's going on behind the scenes. Sometimes when deals are that far apart, big egos fold their arms and just say simple...F-U...my guess, thats still where it is at.

Everyone keep throwing numbers around...none of you have a damn clue about the numbers, its all just your specualation as you sit and play Madden 2010.

Time to move on. If by some miracle he signs, then consider it a bonus, but we will make the playoffs as long as Sanchez doesn't fall apart. Then, as we saw last year...anyone can be Cinderella.

7. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I'm playing Madden 2011!!! Get some!!!

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

inside info? nobody outside of TurkJetFan has inside info here.....

but...you're rationalizing the "media blackout" as being REAL BAD .... Just on a whim. Nothing to support your claim.

do us a favor....loosen the helmet.

#10268 MBGreen, Sep 2, 2010
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So you are telling everyone that they don't have a clue but you state that Revis is no longer a Jet.

Brilliant, except for the fact that he still has 3 years on his contract.

Try again Corky.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

lol, didn't think this response would come so quick :up:

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Interesting looks like Cowy is now trying to back his way out of what he posted & wrote in the newspaper

TimCowlishaw

I thought the Hard Knocks thing was pretty funny. They got the name right. And they mentioned some of the others that reported same thing.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They can't do this for any number of reasons, the best of which is that they have to preserve their ability to get real value for Revis in a trade if it comes to that. Nobody is going to make them a fair offer if one side or the other has burned the bridges and removed the possibility for Revis to return to the fold.

The news blackout may benefit Revis camp right now but it will be crucial for the Jets if we get into a trade scenario down the road.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The media blackout happened because the dealing in the media was what was making turn extremely sour/more so than it is. Team Revis said some harsh things, and Woody and Tanny countered. They both thought the negotiations would go smoother if there wasn't bickering being passed on by the media.

Nobody knows anything about the numbers, just like you don't have a clue how close we are (or not) in the negotiations. Don't go around saying everyone is clueless because you are in the exact same boat, just with a different opinion of the outcome.

#10273 JackBower, Sep 2, 2010
  14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

seriously if I am an NFL player and I see two agents unable to get top tier players a contract for playoff caliber teams that spend money and have signed other players why would I want them to represent me? Everyone says Drew Rosenhaus is tool, but he never seems to not get a contract done. Jackson and Revis both can't get signed? It's ridiculous especially when you held out originally to get Revis his rookie contract. makes you look and say didn't they know what they were doing the first time around when they fought for this contract? What they hopes Revis would have his big season in 2010 and not 2009?? I would tell them look our top dollar amount is on the table..tell us how you want it broken down and make a deal, but if you think you are getting more money or traded you are dreaming. The contract is frozen, the fines are accruing, and we will have our lawyers come after every dime of that signing bonus and your commissions for breach of contract. Good day now and please take some recalled Tylenol on your way out.

15. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Its pretty said that the thread Jets41815162342 just made about Kyle Wilson got locked.

Come on Mods!

Lets be serious. We'll be just fine without Revis, Kyle Wilson will be that much better come playoff time, and as long as we get to the QB faster (JT should help alot, Gholston?) then we did last season, we'll be fine against Indy.

Screw Revis, we're just fine without his ass. Rex made him what he is, he'll do the exact same with Kyle Wilson and Cro.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude....check out the Cesspool thread...and you'll understand why that thread was closed.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I really don't understand this. Was Revis not in the top tier of NFL corners two years ago? Because Ryan wasn't here for that.

Screw Revis? Are people really serious here?

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Did we ever get any closure on the "Revis Tweets Whore" thing?

19. Jets41815162342

Does anyone have an update on the Revis situation? I think the media Blackout means negotiations are going real bad, and I have proof...Revis is not signed yet, with one week to go. Thats some pretty good frickin proof.

Welcome to Wilson Penisula !

20. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

First, Don't question a Mod's authority.

The Thread was a useless pile of shit stating the obvious....of course KDub is the starter....end of story. The OP is a boderline troll on thin ice.

Rex Didn't make Revis a great player.....he already was a pro-bowler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.