The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

If Revis isn't on the field by week 1, whatever is left of his brand, image, and reputation go down the crapper. I hope he believes his payday is worth all that. Quite frankly, if he marketed himself properly, he could have made more than enough in endorsements to make up for the difference in his crappy ass contract.

2. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (11 Days Until MNF)

There is no comparison between golf endorsements and football endorsements, even for Peyton Manning. Revis was going to see increased endorsements, but not nearly in the same way in his sport and at his position.

Peyton is the only football player to get more from endorsements than Jim Furyk. Yes, Jim Furyk.

3. MisterPinstripe

Hopefully this is a positive sign. Cant think of any other reason for it.

4. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Lets not forget who works for who.

The agents work for Revis, not the other way around.

If at any time Revis did not want this, he would have told them, get me a deal, or I will get an agent who will.

Plaxico fired his agent and hired Rosenhaus, who then got him a deal with the Giants.

This is on Revis, not his agents.

5. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

ANy chance that Revis is headed to Philly? I dont knwo how far Aliquppa is from there but maybe droppin in on the team?

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I was just using a comparison, I don't think anyone could top Peyton. Basically Revis was on the verge of transcending into being known outside of the football world.

Not many people can name 3 current golfers but everyone knows who Tiger Woods is.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Yes...but Revis first has to realize that he's getting BAD advice.....and considering he's taking advice from Sean Gilbert on top of that...I'm not sure he's capable of coming to that conclusion.

OR...I could be completely talking out of my ass....and Revis really is a money hungry asshole who doesn't give a shit.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He wants to get the absolute top dollar that he's worth and he wants it now. There's really nothing else to see here. All of the other considerations, like what might be best for the team and his teammates, like what might be a workable short term compromise that gave the Jets a real way out, like what the long-term impact on the team might be if the Jets actually gave him the deal he wants, none of that stuff matters.

It's me, now.

Hopefully despite this something can be worked out. Because if it can't we're going to lose Revis at some point fairly soon. I don't buy the notion that he'd hold out the entire season, because that'd be like jumping off a bridge with a loose bungie cord. I do think that if he comes back on something other than his own terms after holding out for a few games that ultimately he and the Jets will part ways and probably not take too long getting there.

#10228 Br4d, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

The only two reasons he'd be in Philly is if he signed a contract today or if he has a craving for a cheesesteak.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yes...but there are different ways of going about it. I don't care for the Schwartz/Feinsod method.

In an earlier post...I suggested that if Rosenhaus was representing Revis....this holdout probably wouldn't have materialized....and the deal would've been done. I understand that's total speculation on my part....but seeing Dockett get paid (another Rosenhaus client satisfied)...I tend to think that lends some creedance to my assumption.

11. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

I'd be interested to know where it is that they were being followed. At least 1 reporter must know. Location should help

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Honestly, who cares? When his agents says sign the deal he'll sign the deal, unless Revis decides otherwise. Which does not appear to be the case.

13. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Considering the purpose of an avatar, this is going to be true every time you post.

First Bojangles gets mentioned, and now some shining hardbody.

The Revis thread is going to lead to my belt being undone a notch or two today come hell or highwater.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

they were talking about this on NFL radio this AM.

It's a great point you make because the one ex-NFL player was saying that around the league the players' perceptions of the cardinals and bengals were that they were "cheap" teams.

So if Rosen can do it with a player in AZ getting 30-40 guaranteed he could have done it with Revis in NYC, imo.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Aliquppa is Pittsburgh, that's where he is from and thats where his friends and family live.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

it should get kind of funny if he is still walking around trying to get noticed while sitting out not getting paid. i mean he's a good player and he had a great season last yr. but it seems like he's heavily overplaying his hand.

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://twitter.com/J_O_Sportsagent

who is this? i know somebody here made this account

18. Nacho Sanchez

Nacho Sanchez New Member

19. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Right, exactly. To be honest, I don't know how wise it is to satisfy his demands. You need a team to win a superbowl, not one cornerback. This is so overlooked. You've already got mangold and dbrick to big deals, you need to pay harris too, if Revis wants this much money, is it really going to work?

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.