The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

There are always exceptions. Jets reached with two quarters of super bowl with a rookie QB.

Asomugha hasn't even sniffed a playoff game. Champ Bailey hasn't won shit either. Woodson hasn't won the super bowl either. Three great CBs as of late.

2. aburre

aburre Member

I'm gone, I'm not going to win this argument. Nice talking with you guys.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Who were the great CBs on each of those teams?

Who were the CBs on those teams you just mentioned that either (a) got their team to the Superbowl or (b) were the primary reason their team won the Superbowl?

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Take a Break buddy!
    [​IMG]

5. The Uniform Bomber

Yeah, I think that's a good idea..

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah because the corners were doing a great job in a game that was all about TDs through the air. 4 TDs through the air. So the CBs didn't do their job that game. They sucked.

You're argument has been tried before and its failed.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah its a team sport, but guess which position touches the ball the most and makes everyone else better?

Hint, its past the letter P.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Because its failed over and over.

Give up the ghost.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The scary thing is that Al Davis might live to be a hundred and I don't think anybody can take the keys away from him. He's such a litigious person that it's hard to imagine anybody trying.

Connie Mack was a great owner and manager but his last great year was 1932 at the age of 70. He managed for 18 seasons (to the age of 88!) after that but never got back to the world series and finished in last place 10 of those seasons and only once as high as 3rd place. Nobody could take the keys away from him though and the A's eventually moved to Kansas City after he died because he'd driven attendance through the floor.

10. aburre

aburre Member

that's actually an even better argument for why a great cb is needed. The cb is in the position to best affect the QBs game. if his receivers are covered, there is no where to throw it.

11. The Uniform Bomber

Dude, I thought you were going to bed.

Every time I think you can't be any more wrong, you make another post that is indeed more wrong.

Seriously, just call it a night. I'm starting to get embarrassed for you.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

How many great cornerbacks can cover more than one receiver at the same time?

The answer to the great QB problem is to get enough decent corners and have a great pass rush. If the Jets had had 3 guys who could cover well and a strong pass rush they'd have had a shot against the Colts in the AFC championship game. Before Strickland went down the Jets had what they needed to win that game. As soon as he was gone the floodgates opened and Darrelle Revis can only cover one guy at a time.

The teams that have won Super Bowls with defense recently had a good pass rush, bordering on great for the Giants, and they had a solid pair of corners to keep things reasonable while the rush was doing its thing.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

if you do think this way, don't tell anyone else.

it isn't correct.

A NFL coach, shit, a pee wee coach, knows you're wrong.

move on.

14. Good to see someone who called me an idiot get called out for the idiot he is.

15. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Actually, it doesn't - a great offense is better than a great defense (or at least that seems to be the case based on this analysis - a very good read BTW) :)

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/01/does-defense-win-championships.html

16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I was thinking last night and it hit me that There was actually a scenario in this situation where I became an even bigger Revis fan than I was prior to his recent descent into full bore douchebaggery.

If he signs and then comes out and says something like "this was all about being the highest paid cb in the league. Winning games, team bonding, friends, etc all took a backseat to becoming the highest paid cb this offseason. That was my singular goal, and everything/everyone else became secondary."

No sugar coating. That would be amazing. I'd go out and buy a Revis poster for my sons nursery.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Last five pages of this thread :rofl:

You guys seriously battled a troll until 4am? I hope there was beer involved.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (Obama addressed the nation)

You must be GeigerGeiger, a guy so stupid he has to write his last name down twice to constantly remind him what it is.

Seriously, he was sent links to this thread, u wouldn't be surprised, I only read a few gems.

But suggesting retirement if Revis doesn't get paid what he wants is the stupidest post I've ever read. Darrelle isn't exactly fool of personality so broadcasting is out of the question.

All that is left is he can manage you and try and get you to be a backup dancer for a pop singer and hope you marry her. That is the only way you guys make anything close to a million.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

obvious troll.

IP scan this dude. He is either from florida, massachusetts, or pitt

doesnt matter really. he wasnt going to play that last preseason game if he signed.

#9779 JfaulkNYJ, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  20. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Breaking News - Revis will sign on a day that ends in a "Y". You heard it here first!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.