The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's the thing. Reading between the lines on his statement makes it sound like "the jets have sworn to a media blackout. I don't know who's leaking the information. The deal isn't finished until the league office approves the new contract."

Anyone else wanna see it that way?

2. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

sarcasm or is that what u really think... if so i agree... only a matter of time.

3. TexasJetFan

TexasJetFan New Member

I get the same impression from that. Don't count your eggs until they've hatched kind of thing. Almost like it'll they get pen to paper or an official verbal agreement he's not speaking.

4. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

I was thinking that. I just want to know what the fuck exactly was said to Wyche.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The fact that Tannenbaum has done nothing to bring in another corner makes you think this still has life.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Maybe jetsmets93 was right all along, and the deal was filed to the NFL Players Association!

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You know the best part about Revis? He wants to be the best. He like dominating the other team's #1 WR. People talking about "Revis better play good after he signs this deal" are crazy. He will play good. Its just how he is. He will continue to get better imo.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, the Vikings just traded Bobby Sapp to the Dolphins for their #3 receiver. With all the receivers we have on board, you'd think Tanny would have been approached. Hmmm.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this keeps going around in circles.

since 12 noon.....Cowlishaw's report was legit, then it wasn't, then jetsmets93 spoke up, then jetsmets93 was bastardized, then Woody's quote was bastardized, now this has life again.

all in 3 hours.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'd say if he's no here by Monday we may see some action on that, depending on how our current corners perform of course.

It's going to be tough to blitz with the amount guys we did last year anyway. There's not another Revis laying around.

11. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

"it's not done till it's done" implies that it was at least started. that's better news then some are reporting. we still got some guys saying there hasn't been any negotiations at all, so i take woody's coments as good news.

12. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

As much as I wanna see this signing go down, I really don't like 150 million /10yrs.. i think that is way too much for a corner..

But I have faith in Tanny, and if he gives 15/yr than that means we can afford 15/yr.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Picture this, every report gets denied by both sides, people on the edge of their seats wanting this resolved already. Hard Knocks comes on tonight, no mention of Revis - camp is proceeding without him. Good solid episode, then at 10:59 you see Rex pick up the phone, guys that was Tannenbaum - Revis just signed he's coming home! *fade to credits*

14. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Great point, we have more to offer.

Tanny is one of the best out there. If we needed another CB he would have gone out and got one by now.

Revis will be signed and play the final preseason game.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

lots of things can happen in three hours. For instance i would bet that by 7:30tonight, I believe that we will be back to theorizing that revis is about to be traded to dallas as part of a 3 way deal with Minnesota which also includes Dez Bryant and Demarcus Ware, 3 first round picks and a partridge in a pair tree. Oh and it certainly will be announced on NFLN as part of an hour long tv show named "the trade" in which everyone bashes all three teams involved, and yet all three somehow seem to be better off after the deal.

16. MadBacker Prime

No way in hell those are actual numbers. That would be flat our retarded.

17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Douchebaggin' it for a minute by quoting myself, but whatever...

Exapnding on this a little, I think there are two reasons that many people thought that Jenkins was indespendible:

1) To quote a great philosopher "he's really f*cking good."

2) We were led to believe that a dominant nose tackle was the key to a Rex Ryan defense.

Leading into 2009, everyone was pumping up the idea that Rex's defenses were rooted in having a dominant NT, a la Siragusa or Ngata, who could occupy blockers and allow all of Rex's crazy blitz packages. "Without a premiere space-eater they can't overwhelm the O-Line and free up blitzers!"

Then Jenkins goes down and the Jets defense becomes even more dominant. Suddenly the meme out there is that Rex Ryan's defenses are rooted in having a dominant corner, so they can take away half the field, double the WR2, and essentially by time for all of Rex's crazy blitz packages. "Without a premier cover corner their blitzes won't work and the secondary will get carved up!"

It would seem that in the end Rex Ryan finds a way to make things work with what he has. There is no key to his system other than the man himself figuring out how to get the best out of the players he has on the field.

Sure Revis makes them better, we all agree on that, but they're plenty good with or without him.

18. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

too be honest, is there really any doubt that if revis is signed by the time the tape is finished being edited, aka 8:00 pm, it won't make it into HK as a final sendoff clip?

19. MadBacker Prime

No way in hell did I just quote myself!

20. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

It can be done, even with NFL Films doing the editing in Cherry Hill NJ and HBO master being located in Hauppage, Long Island

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.