The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

lmao.......... (filler)

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Keeping my eye on the http://www.facebook.com/DesperateHousewives page since that's the logical place for the next shoe to drop in this whole sordid episode.

Not to mention they have 3,762,622 friends so one of them is likely to crack if we keep watching.

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I think it should stick... rather appropriate nickname if you ask me... he is looking out for himself.. lol

4. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

If this is true...

We can get the "Midnight Service at the Darrelle Revis House of Worship" thread rocking again. Woot.

5. VinnyT

VinnyT New Member

Hopefully Cowlishaw is right and this deal is getting done soon so that the defense can go from simply being a great defense to possibly being one of the greatest of all-time. With Revis locking down one side of the field and Cromartie, Wilson, & Co. locking down the rest of the field, I have no doubt that the Jets could be Super Bowl bound.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

You mean you haven't been worshipping him in the last month or so? Blasphemy.

7. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I hope this is true but I also hope that revis didn't fuck us either

8. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (Cowlishaw twitter says deal done, others disagree)

This is the greatest event since Kerry's 'big announcement'.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I really hope this is true. It's time to get this whole team together so they can work towards that Championship.

They might wait until Wednesday because there might be a few details that need to be worked out. Also, I don't think anyone knows where Revis is. He might be in another country for all we know and maybe they don't want to announce it until it's signed in pen.

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

thats exactly what this debacle feels like

11. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (Cowlishaw twitter says deal done, others disagree)

Shame on him for looking out for himself. No one here would ever do that.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he did we won't know until this time next year..assuming there is a next year.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...report-jets-revis-close-on-contract-1.2230067

Twitter report: Jets, Revis close on contract

8 m ago By Bob Glauber

Ok, first of all, I'm just going to say that this is one of the most bizarro reporting jobs I've ever done in journalism, and is reflective of the wacky world of communication we live in. So bear with me if it takes a little while to get it all out.

Let's start here:

In a post on his Twitter account at around 3:30 p.m., Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw wrote: "Revis and Jets announce new deal, probably Wednesday. You heard it here first. "Inside information!""

This was a stunning revelation, given the secretive nature of talks since the two sides agreed not to speak publicly about negotiations. And there have been a few follow-up tweets by Jets beat reporters, including @TheJetsStream (Manish Mehta of the Daily News) and @JennyVrentas (of the Star-Ledger), as well as ESPN's @Adam_Schefter suggesting that the report is not accurate.

There was also some speculation from Profootballtalk.com's @GreggRosenthal that Cowlishaw's account was hacked.

Well, I can say with reasonable assurance that Cowlishaw's account has NOT been hacked. How? Well, I tweeted Cowlishaw and asked "is that really you saying that Revis signing is imminent?"

I also called Cowlishaw on his cell phone, but did not get a call back. However, I did get the following back.

"@BobGlauber Read what I wrote, Cubby (so u know it's me). Did I say imminent or announcement probably will be wednesday?"

The key word in here: "Cubby." That's the nickname I gave to Cowlishaw years ago when he was a beat reporter covering the Cowboys. So if Cowlishaw's Twitter account had been hacked, then it would have been an awfully unusual coincidence for said hacker to know that this is what I call Cowlishaw.

So rest assured that Cowlishaw is, in fact, reporting that a deal is close and could be announced as soon as Wednesday. (btw, Cubby, what the hell's the difference between "imminent" and "announcement will probably be wednesday?")

Now, is this really the case that a deal is close and could be announced Wednesday, when the Jets will hold an open practice at their old training camp at Hofstra? We're about to find out.

In the meantime, the only two sides with direct knowledge of the negotiations are holding to their posture of not speaking publicly. There is radio silence from the Jets and Revis' agents, Jonathan Feinsod and Neil Schwartz.

(Now, for more bizarro world of new media: You can only read this is you subscribe to Newsday or Cablevision. But we know of two media members - Brian Bassett of TheJetsblog.com and Rosenthal of PFT - who do subscribe. Which means that they'll eventually get the word out, that I'll be getting a few more Twitter followers along the way, that Cubby Cowlishaw will get more followers, too, and that the rest of the country might soon be calling this highly respected columnist "Cubby" for the rest of his career ... what a world!)

14. All Star

All Star Active Member

I don't believe it.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

time to lay the plastic sheets on the floor, take off our clothes, and pour honey on ourselves

16. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

They need until Wednesday to put together a 1 hour ESPN special at St Patricks Cathedral...

17. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

this thread is out of control. off to make a response thread. i must respond.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This is becoming intolerable.

I'm off to masturbate furiously.

19. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

God I can't wait til this shit is all over with and we get back to complaining about our offense

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If there is a deal now I'd find it hard to believe the Jets blinked considering the D's played pretty well in the preseason other than Victor Cruz burning our #3 and #4 guys. Especially since the Jets got a PR victory from the initial episode of Hard Knocks vis-a-vis Revis, leading to the media blackout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.