The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that the sticking point is the upfront money, period. That seems clear from the Revis side but I think the Jets saying they want to pin down the total comp first is just smoke. Nobody cares about total comp, it's mostly meaningless... Revis wants X mil up front, as signing bonus or whatever, and the Jets are only willing to give X mil up front. And they are probably far apart, like 30 mil vs. I don't know, 5 mil. Hopefully as the season nears Revis' agents will start really negotiating, and Revis will play Game 1.

But if not then screw him.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sure it is. Revis camp all along have said they only care about the guarantees and the Jets are using the total compensation as a reason not to discuss the guarantees yet.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

To me, Revis is just like Brett Favre. This is all a waste of time and posts from fans. In the end, Favre will be in New Orleans on that Thursday Night and Revis will line up opposite Anquan Boldin on that Monday Night. /////thread.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If they're only concerned w/guarantees, why wouldn't they agree to the 120 million of total compensation in order to get to the bonus discussion? I mean, they could just say - sure 120 million/10 is fine so long as we get $30 million in signing bonuses over the next 2 years. Alternatively Tanny could just say, you don't care about total comp?

10 years/$80 million with $40 million in signing bonuses over the next 2 years with a clause that he has to pay back double the signing bonus if he holds out again.

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Schwartz seems to act a little immature for someone of his position.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes, but all things considered, if Woody/Tanny/Rex are looking content to let Mevi$
    sit out for a year, he's probably $#!tting in his pants.

7. emania55

emania55 Member

thats the idea its all about leverage

8. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

He wants more money than the ridiculous precedent set by Al Davis. I say don't pay him, it's not worth it. I do not understand how these guys sign a contract, then decide they do not have to honor it halfway through. MAN UP OWNERS, Don't let these greedy players and their agents get the better of you!!

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Side-note

Not that it's a big deal, but his website is shit. You would think for a company pulling down millions it would look like something not designed in 98.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I really don't know the answer to that but it's a safe assumption that neither side expects he will still be paying for the Jets 10 (11?) years from now under that same contract. That makes the total compensation meaningless. By their own admission his agent says everything after the first year is meaningless.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm trying to stay calm.

Have heard and read all the interviews? That is the hold up right now. It does not matter if he's here 10 years from now. The total compensation matters only to stroke Revis's ego so his contract says $16 million per.

That is where the disagreement starts and ends for both sides.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

13. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I heard that A web site design company offered to redo their site for $400 but they are holding out to see if someone else will remake it for free.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

It's 300 want to be experts all emphatically stating their incorrect take on the situation. People arguing about his initial contract structure, arguing about what the apparent sticking points are, and arguing about what it will take to end this negotiation.

I don't know how some people can be so certain about their statements. It's as though they were in the room watching the negotiations go down, and have a copy of the deal in front of them. It's like watching a 300 Retards trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle.

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Rex's presser link just opened up on www.nyjets.com

It hasn't started yet

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We're about to go into the silent running mode by the Jets on this. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the Jets just turn their back on Schwartz and Feinsod and proceed toward the season.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think we're already there. Woody's "insurmountable" comment signals the beginning of the "call us when your client is willing to be reasonable, otherwise we're busy getting ready for the Ravens" stage.

Revis is going to blink first. That's my guess. He wakes up one morning and goes, "WTF am I doing? Their offer already on the table is more money than anyone in my family ever dreamed of. I need to tweak it a little more and then take the best I can get and go play football."

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's when the guy will show up, when the team says we gave you the chance, we're moving on and we're not trading you. When your ready to show up we'll listen but until then enjoy writing out those 16K checks to Woody.

He honestly thinks the team can't function without him, does having him on the field make us better? Absolutely but we added many more pieces to the pie during the offseason. Cromartie isn't going to make us forget all about Revis but I have a feeling he is going to have a huge season. This defense suits his abilities and style. I'm thinking 8 or 9 INTs and a TD or two.

The Jets would be insane to give Revis a huge bonus considering the next time he hold's out he'll hit the trifecta.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

lol, I like Rex's suggestion.

20. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Rex throwin the gauntlet down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.