The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't think he sits this year. We go through this all the time. "Negotiations" in some applications means many different things. We can be very far apart one day and it can be resolved the next.

Example: Negotions involving the purchase of a home. You want $500,000 and I want to spend $200,000. I walk away and you want me to walk away. I have many other options and so do you.

Not so with this negotiating process. We need Revis and Revis needs us, and there are very few other options at either party's disposal. Forced to come together, it will happen. It's just that right now both parties are posturing.

Waht is going to happen is, Revis wakes up one morning and goes, "Shit. I think I better call my agent this morning and get this done. Screw this." Tanny gets a phone call and there is substantial movement on both parts and the GG board lights up as the deal is being announced. It'll happen that quickly. He's going to play this year.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes.

I think you have to throw that out.

The sticking point is the Team wants to negotiate forward from the total deal, Team Mevi$
    wants to negotiate from how much money is going in his pocket TODAY.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think a big issue with the negotiations is the fact that the Jets are trying to extend Revis' current contract, where Revis' camp wants a completely new contract.

That's where this quote comes in:

The 10/120 might have truly been a 7/99 extension. It's still a lot of money, but Revis could get hurt this season and he would be in the same spot as he is right now. This is just speculation by me, but I think it could definitely be a factor. If this 10/120 really have been on the table for 2 months, I remember reading that the Jets offered a contract that added 6-7 years onto Revis' current deal to make him a Jet for life.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

A month ago at the open practice, my fellow fans were chanting "Please PAY Revis"
    And next week at opening night they will be chanting "Please TRADE Revis"

My how things have changed...

No one man should cripple an entire team. The only way I would agree to such outlandish contract number is if it was for Peyton Manning - 5 years ago. Your team, no matter how well built, will only go as far as the QB takes you.

Jets were 9-7 due to QB play and he helped, no hurt us, in the playoffs.

Unless Darelle guarantees us an INT TD each game, he isn't worth it because he won't be in control of scoring points... Trade, let him sit, whatever. I'm a very disappointed and frustrated fan if these numbers are even remotely close.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

They don't want Roster and Option bonuses.

The agent made his point in the paper.

"if you offer 1 million THIS year, and 999 million NEXT year, the total deal is still only worth 1 million."

They want mega up front money.,

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So they can put it in a signing bonus (willis deal), which the Jets say they're flexible with so long as they can agree on total compensation first.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No he's just giving the run around. Tanny wants to agree on total compensation and then will talk guaranteed money. Until that happens the Revis camp can make these retarded statements, but now I think we know the truth.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Again, the total compensation and term is meaningless. Revis probably only has 4 playing years left on this team (5 total if there is a lockout). After that they will have somebody younger, faster and a hell of a lot cheaper so he will then get cut. Even Deione started going down hill after 8 years. Stop worrying about those things and just get to the guarantee and either get it done or both just walk away..for good.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Apparently it's not meaningless to our GM or team Revis.

10. MadBacker Prime

Beat me to it-

TY

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That may be what the Jets Camp proposal was to the Jets. The agents said that they addressed the Jets concerns, so they may have offered to go down to $120 million so long as $40 million of it is paid up front as a signing bonus. That's just my guess.

12. MadBacker Prime

According to Tanny that deal did not change on the total compensation part, "the fundamental difference".

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The more information we have on this subject, the less it all makes sense.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

maybe revis just hates training camp

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Revis washes out by 29 years old? Come on man.

16. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Yup. I read in the Twitter Post Thread that Rex is going to have an interesting press conference today. Rex always tells it how it is, so hopefully he can clear some stuff up.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it took 2594 posts....but someone finally broke the code.

18. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Not only that, but the FO had made it clear they want Revis to be to the Jets, what Jeter is to the Yankees. And I truly believe they mean that. It's so incredibly rare to come across a player of Revis' caliber - at this point, it's not hard to envision him ending his career as the best CB to ever play - so it makes sense for the franchise to want to embrace that. Great teams aren't all about SBs, they're also about presenting themselves as consistent talent fielders. Revis being one of the best players in the NFL (at any position), what better talent can the team look to field?

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

yes, that's it. are you the same guy that asked what time this holdout was going to end?

20. MadBacker Prime

Are you going to offer him the red or blue pill?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.