The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeBaha

GeorgeBaha New Member

Everyone needs to understand one thing. There are rules to salaries for the 2010 saeson due to it being an uncapped year. The Jets cannot meet Revis demands due to this rule. The rule states a player can only receive a 30% pay increase. They also limited up front money.
    This was also the problem when Chris Johnson wanted a bigger deal. The Titans just could not do it. They gave him the most they could for the year. CJ already said he is expecting the big contract after this season. At least CJ understood that.
    Revis on the other hand does not want to look at the fact the Jets just canonot give what he is asking for and they also cannot throw a ton of money up front.
    This is as simple as it gets. All these theroy's etc... Mean nothing. It comes down to Revis having to take what the Jets can give him this year then talk next year like CJ is doing.
    Now considering all the players that will need to be resigned next year. Revis does not deserve that amount of money he is asking for. If The Jets give in to him then they lose half of the other guys who's positions will be filled with mediocure players.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That stuff is common knowledge here, actually. And it doesn't account for bonus money. Read up on the Patrick Willis contract.

3. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

its been said a hundred times along with everything else that continues to be recycled on this thread

4. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

hopefully they meet after this nonsense becomes public ...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...m-offered-a-meeting-with-owner-a-blatant-lie/

5. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

His agents are bullshitting...

Johnson has no problem meeting with Revis. It's his damn money he's giving out. Johnson had also said that Nande's contract is not justified towards Revis. Nande was in the last year of his contract, and Revis still has 3 years left.

He even said he has other played that are important to the team to worry about as well. Mangold, Harris, etc...These guys are just as important to him.

If worst comes to worst Woody said he doubts we trade Revis, but it is a option.

My question to you all is...If the worst did come upon us, What sort of trade package would we be looking for?
    Couple of 1st round draft picks? or a Champ Bailey for Clinton Portis type deal?

Man how good does that Kyle Wilson pickup look now!

7. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

i'd like to get two firsts for him. hopefully cro has a good year and we pay him half of what revis wants. we lock up mangold and harris long term and also sign the better of the two receivers. then with two first rounders next season and the season after we can rebuild our dline. doubt ellis gets resigned after his contract is up this season, and it looks like big jenk will retire, or will probably be cut.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no need to be rude about it abdul, i have been one of the few people on here who has treated you with respect, please do the same.

my point is that the jets can terminate a contract at any time with no repercussions, the player cannot. this is one of the main things that need to be dealt with in the cba as its a complete crock.

i just started reading this thread 2 days ago, i am not going to go back and re-read 90 pages. if its been covered move on or say we covered that on page 25.

9. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Agreed. Agents are scumbags. They will lie, cheat, and steal to get what they want. They are 100x worse than a used car salesman.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Great post Poeman. Obviously Schwartz is bullshitting, but hilarious to see how he makes certain to kiss up to and not doing anything to offend Mr. Johnson.

I don't believe that there would be a sufficient trade for Mr. Revis. I would want Mr. Revis to be a Jet for his career. I think I would prefer to not trade him for the forseeable future. Perhaps Mr. Revis will reassess the situation and realize that he might need new representation. The Jets can afford to wait and see.

If there was an amazing offer made to me I might consider dealing w/an NFC team for a premier DL or CB plus a No. 1.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no they don't, because the team can still end up owing a player money even though he is cut. Alan Faneca ring a bell? the Jets are paying him $7 million or so this season to play for the Cardinals. I'm not sure how that equates to no repercussions.

both sides agree to guaranteed money. that is all the player is owed if he gets cut. in some cases, a player is cut not owed anything -- teams benefit. sometimes it occurs with the player owed money -- players benefit. both sides have repercussions, and those repercussions are considered by the team when deciding to cut a player.

the only difference is the team gets to decide whether a player gets cut, but a player can't simply decide to leave to play for another team on his own.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Dude thats classic. You might wanna throw in some tongue incentives.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

All you need to do is look at the mess they are creating in the college game right now. They have a job to do but they don't play within the rules to getting that job done.

14. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

i would say the mess in the college game is more due to the colleges wanting to make millions of $$ out of kids that they dont need to pay a dime to - its incredibly hypocritical the way they carry on IMO

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That ^

:beer:

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Trade Revis for what? Maybe we could get two Gholstons with first round picks. And for 120 million combined..brilliant!. They will not trade him. There is nothing short of two pro bowl players under 25 worth trading him for.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I can already tell that the Revis camp is losing ground, or at least they're panicking a bit. I was expecting them to say something along the lines of "We addressed all their concerns in the proposal. There's nothing to talk about." Or something along those lines.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why is it that I think of GreenHornet every time I read this?

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I know, those poor college lacrosse players and gymnasts are so abused by colleges who make millions off of them.

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

They are.

When Title IX comes calling....second tier sports are the first to get cut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.