The Chad Pennington era is over, The Post has learned exclusively.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RDriven3, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Ummmmm...Like us...

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Exactly the point, and this is exactly why I see no reason to give Chad a "fond farewell" or "thanks for the memories".

Coles getting absolutely drilled, and not remembering the 5 minutes he spent eating dirt negates ANY supposed positive thing Chad may have done in the past.

One of our 2 star WRs could have lost his ability to play the game, thanks to CHAD. NO ONE ELSE.

Funny, Chad did the same thing to Chrebet a few years back.

So where are the "good memories"?

F CHAD. He's a sub-par, not even the mediocre one people give him credit for, quaterback. And he's done everything in his power to take the ship down with him.

I'm extremely happy Chad is done. Good bye, and good riddance.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You do realize that we've cut Chad enough slack though, right?

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

"Last laugh?" A "last laugh" would be if Chad was playing decent to well and lost his starting gig anyway, then went to another team and shined. It most certainly is not when he is, unfortunately, playing like crap and we are speculating if he would even be picked up by another team.

The season is lost, the offense can barely score and you have a second round draft pick QB sitting on the sidelines. There is nothing to lose by putting him in. Even if the Jets lose the rest of their games, I think this is the right decision.

5. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I know, I know and I understand the nature of sports. But man some stability would be nice, like I said I hope the fans are patient with KC. He has a lot to learn and is a ways off, but given the time, he can develop into a very good QB, we all know he has the arm, he just needs the old CP brain, the one that didn't make costly mistakes.

6. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

What I don't understand is that you (mostly) have two kinds of people on here. One side reacts like Chad killed their dog and should burn in hell. The other side reacts, equally oblivious to the facts, like Chad put up 30 weekly and the defense gave up 31. I don't get it.

Fans and owners are the only people with allegiances to the team. Everyone else is just trying to hold onto their job by making the best decisions they can.

No need to shit on Chad or hope he has the last laugh or hope that Clemmens is great proving Mangini is an idiot for waiting or hope he sucks so the Jets are in peril.

I am just looking for a few hours of enjoyment 16 (to someday 19) Sundays a year.

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I think that most Jets fans WILL cut the kid some slack and let him grow into himself. We've seen flashes of KC thus far, and not counting yesterday's debacle where he was thrown in TOO LATE, he's shown to have a great pocket presence, the ability to get out of jams in the pocket, and a nice deep ball. Knowing that he has those tools you can't expect him to bring us a superbowl overnight, but it's nice to know that you've got a QB with more tools to bring this game to the next level.

By the way, the one remaing quality which everyone stressed was that Pennington was a "cerebral" QB- this year he's proven that his thought process is also fogged. If he's lost that remaining quality, what does he have left?

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

So what you're saying is, he didn't almost ruin Coles career, again yesterday, and doesn't deserve any ill-wishes thrown his way?

Basically, after ending Chrebet's career, and now getting Coles drilled yet again, he still doesn't deserve to be chastised?

Really?

I'm oblivous to the "fact" that Chad's high floaters, that force his loyal teammates, the ones who've publicly supported him in the past, off their feet, and into massive hits, isn't really his fault?

Really?

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

He's a nice guy, and a class act, remember?

10. ab3

ab3 Banned

draft

at least we have the draft to look forward to...

bye bye chad, you are....

finished.

we are looking at 4th or 5th pick???

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

So is my Uncle Lou- but you don't want him within 50 feet of a football or a job with any great amount of responsibility...

12. FatStupidLoser

As long as it doesn't keep us from the SB I would like to see Chad do that every time he plays us.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

You know what, I'll take Uncle Lou right now.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

This is a really dumb comment.

Really dumb.

15. Ryan

Ryan Banned

Same Old Jets. Thanks for the mediocrity chad, I think we will be missing it for the next couple of years.

16. FatStupidLoser

How so? 15-1 and Chad gets to symbolically flip off the douchebags that cheered when he was injured and who called him some really vile things because his best effort wasn't good enough to carry a weak team this year.

Not dumb at all. Vindictive maybe, but not dumb.

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I don't like Chad putting WRs at-risk anymore than you do. However, he was making the best throws he can. I doubt he was thinking, "let see how high Coles can jump on this one." It is the coach's responsiblity to pull Chad if he is hurting the team more than he is helping.

Almost no professional athlete will pull himself out of the game while in the process admitting he can perform at a professional level. If he did, in most cases, that would be the end of his j-o-b. (There are some exceptions, namely, Santana Moss.)

18. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

This is a sad, and exciting time to be a Jets fan. The people who are bashing Chad today, will be the same people one day down the road that talk about him in high esteem to whoever will listen to them. They just currently have a lack of perspective, and emotional disconnect. This is not to say I disagree with the benching, far from it, it's just that I respect and admire Chad's character to such an extent, and value how much he's laid it on the line, that I don't feel the need to dance on the man's grave.

Unfortunately this was a move Mangini should have made some weeks ago, but better late than never, the future begins today. As someone who sees a bright future in store for Clemens I'm about as excited as you can get to hear this news. But be warned Jets' fans. Clemens will struggle, oh yes he will, and you'll probably hear calls to start Chad again before the year is out. No doubt from the mental midgets on the board as soon as his first poor performance. Your patience as a fan hasn't even begun to be tested.

19. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

I hope so too!

20. Ryan

Ryan Banned

Then god help us all.