The Chad Pennington Appreciation Thread - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MisterMoss, Sep 10, 2006.

1. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i admit his arm looked better than i expected. but, the season is 16 games, not just one. we'll see how he does against teams that were better than us last year.:wink:

2. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you know nothing. but, hey :shit:

3. BenGrahamFan

BenGrahamFan Member

yea nothing...i only said for 11 months that this day would come when dumb fucks like you just made fun of him and used 3 year old nicknames.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Ha ha, yeah man. You were just speaking the truth though. :up:

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

324 yards against Minnesota in 2002
    304 yards against Buffalo in Week 4 2004

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I'm not saying that you aren't right. I think the Jets are better than you probably do,but do you have any fun at all being a Jet fan? I don't think there is one crack head on this board who thinks were superbowl bound,but geez,enjoyment is ok and actually encouraged by doctors.

7. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Personally ... I thought Chad looked pretty good for his first full speed game since surgery. I liked the command he had of our NEW offense and the fact he was able to make the throws he had to. I think our line needs to get a better push ... other than that .. i'm excited about this season.

8. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

It doesn't matter if we played a bad team. Chad perfomed great And he threw a terrific 45 yard pass to Coles.

Where's your noodle comments now? Just keep your mouth closed. You're embarrassing yourself.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The fact is, regardless of the rest of the game, Chad performed today. IMO opinion, at no other point in his career has his arm looked as good. Did anyone see how big his arms are now? He definitely put weight on his upper body as was reported a few weeks ago.

He showed today that he can throw distance passes, and have lots of spiral on them. He still has the accurracy on the short-to-midrange passes. Even with the porous running game, he managed to sell the playfake numerous times. His timing patterns were dead on.

Yes it was a bad Tennessee team. However, it doesn't change the performance Chad had on his own. He played great today. Big yardage, and very high passer rating. Well done Penny, and welcome back!

10. Zcore

Zcore New Member

I just love the fact that we won the game we are supposed to win!!! Plus the TD to Baker was sooo Clutch!! - Hate or Love Chad, you gotta like that!!

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

he threw the ball with zip. the out-route inside our own 20 should have answered questions, along with the winning TD to Baker.

you're always knocking him for having a weak arm. regardless of who we played, he threw the ball into tight coverage, with more velocity than he's seemingly ever had. you mock his arm and toughness; his arm was good today.

so what difference does it make who we played?

cheers

12. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

How Chad has overcome that injury is mindblowing and a miracle. If Brett Favre has heart, Chad's got 10 times more. I wish him nothing but the best. Go Chad! You are a good man, a great athlete, and one tough guy! Chad is the one guy I can think of that deserves greatness!!!

13. Greenjet74

Greenjet74 New Member

Now I can put "In Chad we Trust" back in all my profiles. :)

Scary win but I'll take it

14. Penning10

Penning10 Member

My favorite pass was the one TD pass that they took away right before Nugent missed his last FG attempt. That was vintage Chad, pinpoint accuracy off-balance to the back of the endzone. Right over the DB and only Cotchery had a chance at the grab. Beautiful pass...

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

He looked as good as ever...and I dont mean compared to the type of qb he was before 05.

He threw passes today that I have never seen from him. Never..never..could he throw an out play at the goal line like he did to Baker...that pass had some serious mustard on it. When he completed that pass...I just thought to myself this is a different qb.

A qb that could go down next week with a shoulder injury? Im sure it could happen.

Just that after this game...his leadership...his calmness...and most importantly his arm...Chad going down would be as painful if not more than the last couple times.

This is coming from a person that has been on chads ass for the last couple years. Eating crow on this one would taste mighty fine.

16. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I have had Chad's back through all the dark days of his injuries and am so pleased to see him come back and deliver. We can go from here to a winning season. Go Chad!!

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Pennington showed confidence today that he hasn't shown since 2002. I think that is the difference.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The confidence is key. He looks like he doesn't have any fear of getting hurt again. The best thing that could have happened was for him to get hit in preseason like he did. He took almost the same hit that hurt him before, and got up with no pain at all. That HAD to be an ego boost.

I think beyond the confidence, the new conditioning he has done has worked wonders. I had heard that he put on 20lbs in his upper body, but I actually noticed it yesterday when he was on the sidelines. Look at the size of his arms. His chest is significantly bigger as well. All that extra muscle is helping keep his body safe, not to mention giving his arm more strength.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad looks like pre-shoulder Chad and it also looks like it's a continuation of 2002 when Chad and Coles were last healthy together.

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Chad Penington = Best quarterback in the world!