The Case For Anthony Richardson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Feb 15, 2023.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing to remember though is that the problem is self-correcting. Teams that over-select at QB almost always suck after doing that. You get roughly three tiers of teams out of that. Good teams that have sound roster maintenance policies. Mediocre teams that are competitive now and then because they can't maintain a roster for long. Bad teams, like the Jets, that just do not have a clue about how to build an NFL roster and even if they occasionally assemble a good one it quickly falls apart because it was based on unsound principles.

I've been a Jets fan for 52 years now and the biggest regret of my sporting life is that I let the marketing around Joe Namath suck me in. I'd have been much happier as a Giant's fan over the 50+ year course of events even though both teams sucked for nearly the first decade of that run,

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

It’s never too late. I’m sure you might be missed.

Best wishes

Bye

https://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Jamarcus russell 2.0

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I like your POV on these kids needing more playing time in more pro-like conditions, and your suggestions would address that, but the primary issue is that you really can't stand in the way of someone trying to make the best living they can, especially when the window in football so short as @Jonathan_Vilma pointed out.

Maybe if colleges were forced to pay players (in all sports) equitably for their services this might be possible.

5. KingRoach

There is a rule that a draftee is 3 years removed from HS. The NFL can control College playing time.
    College athletes can now be paid for their services

I hope this “new” info helps you both

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They had to start paying college athletes because the scholarship degrees are next to worthless these days.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I said "paid equitably". IOW: Making it worthwhile for them to stay in school rather than go to the pros.

8. KingRoach

And I said student Athletes can be paid while in college…. It’ll never pay as much as being a pro ie professional.

9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Yep those gender studies degrees aren’t going very far with athletes these days. There needs to be some incentive to keep them in school longer.

Br4d likes this.
  10. KingRoach

The Colts heard your case and agree