The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I just hope our offer is realistic in terms of team preservation. If we offered anymore than a 3rd round pick I will be ticked. Plus, as others have mentioned, what kind of shape is Favre in?

If he came on board now I see him having a very difficult time being prepared for the start of the season.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He would probably cry off a few pounds at the press conference. That's a start. :up:

3. Graytness

Graytness Member

Even if you got the Favre of '05 or '06, it may still be an upgrade to what we've got, ha ha. At least THAT Favre can still stretch the field and would be exciting to watch, which is more than I can say about the Penny-led Jets.

4. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

I don't know guys, I've stayed out of this fray so far, but as much as I like Chad's heart, and the idea behind Clemens potential... I still believe that the best chance we have for competing now, is #4.

5. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by DeathByJets
    I have been hesitant to enter into the quagmire that is the Brett Favre saga, but something Jay Glazer said on Mike & Mike this morning galvanized my position on this subject.

I have not been a proponent of trading for Farve all along, but (paraphrasing) this is what Glazer said: Last off-season the Packers put Favre through an intensive off-season program and it paid big dividends. With all the distractions this year, the Packers are concerned that they are going to get the Brett Farve of 2005 or 2006.

I think that is a legitimate concern. IMO Farve was horrific those two seasons. In 2005, Favre had 20TDs, 29INTs and a rating of 70.9. In 2006, Favre had 18TDs, 18INTs and a rating of 72.7. Now you can blame some of that on the support around him, but at 38, is it more likely that he has his second consecutive great season or that he continues his decline?

You add the Glazer comment to Brett's age, the NY media circus, and the lack of focus and I can't see why this is a good thing. I'm officially on the record as this being a VERY BAD thing for a franchise that has a history of very bad things.

DbJ

I think that these two considerations are very valid points. That's why I don't think that it's a slam-dunk that the Jets should pursue Favre. Maybe without the proper motivation and dissappointment of not being able to play with the Pack or the Vikings his stay here might be less than successful. For those that see Favre as some sort of savior for the Jets you might not be getting the full Favre that was shown in 2007.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If he does come here, will we have to wear a block of cheese on our heads with a Jet going through it?

7. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

Also, for everyone who's wary of giving up a third round draft pick.... what do the names BJ Askew, Anthony Schlegal and Derrick Strait mean to you?

Personally, I'd take Favre and the excitement he'd bring over the Jets draft track record.

8. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

But honestly when I read reports each morning about how terrible the QBs are performing in camp Favre does end up looking like a savior at times.

9. dmb88886

dmb88886 New Member

From Erik Boland:

Favre is on his way to NY in his Jet with his agent . Stay Tuned-will update this as more info comes available.

10. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I'd like to know how much of this has to do with opening a new stadium in '09.

11. allan1

allan1 Active Member

We've been through this before...not getting my hopes up

12. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

14. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Minnesota hopes this happens. They can easily be a Super Bowl contender with Pennington at QB.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If we do get Favre, can there be any chance we can get him and THEN deal him to Minnesota for some picks?! :(

17. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Hahaha.. now we're talking. That would be some funny shit. :rofl:

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

This comment was from someone commenting about his blog that used the name "E. Boland". If Boland wanted to report that he'd make a blog entry. It's bullshit.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not a word about it on the WFAN update just now. I realize its not as important as the Mets' bullpen for Joba's fingernail, but it would have made the update.

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

WSW....

nice avatar...i had to do several double takes on that one.

jil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.