The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graytness

Graytness Member

It's looking like TB will be the place where Favre likely ends up. I guess the Jets are still in it, but by all accounts, TB is the front-runner.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

im waiting for the news that the Jets leaped over the Bucs to grab Favre, also since his family wants him to check out NY.

3. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

its looking like he's going to the bucs.

is garcia an option for us?

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

^Hopefully not.

5. allan1

allan1 Active Member

And the jets get kicked in the balls again. Wonderful, let the misery continue. It let's us know were alive.

Fucking Tampa? What a joke. They'll be 7-9 at best this year. Here he couldve had real offensive weapons, there he has what? 56 year old joey Galloway?

#1205 allan1, Aug 6, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  6. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I do NOT think that Favre will be a Jet, HOWEVER if I were the Packers and Favre will go to either the Jets or TB which is possible, I would leak a "story" that Favre to TB was "done". Again, I think that the Jets have been used in this situation and do not have real interest, but if there is, I would not be truly shocked to see the Jets get him.

7. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

But NY has the better hunting and fishing, that's gotta count for something, to Brett. :wink:

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Why can't the Packers just trade him where they want? If Favre doesn't like it, tough, he can retire again. He's already screwed them over with this whole ordeal, I don't get why they're satisfying his desire to go to the Bucs unless they're offering a better deal than the Jets. But seriously, just trade him to whoever gives you the best deal, and then let that team deal with him.

9. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

By the way, besides the Tampa newspaper report, there's nothing on espn.com or si.com saying a deal is imminent.

10. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Because Favre CAN block any trade simply be telling the team he will not report. GB has very little leverage at all in this situation.

11. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Favre can't block crap. He either reports or loses part of his signing bonus, as what happened with Plummer. He's got no leverage whatsoever over where he is traded. The bigger issue is does a team want to trade for a player that doesn't want to be there, aka Favre and the Jets. He'd be just as big a pain in the ass as he is now.

12. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

sadly, the favre to jets talk is probably there to up the price for the bucs.

13. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

ESPN is reporting this morning that Favre will likely be traded to the Bucs today. I hope so. I want this ridiculous episode over with and I want no part of this headache for the Jets.

15. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

Woody would love Brett in NYC. It would make swallowing those PSL's alot easier for alot of fans.

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

There's only 1 reason we want Favre, the QB competition hasn't raised the QB play, it appears that our QB's are playing down to each others level. Competition doesn't always bring out the best in guys, it can bring out the worst and apparently management believes our QB position isn't exactly set.

17. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Well, I woke up today fully expecting him to be a Buc already (or at least have a press conference scheduled) but it hasn't happened. What the hell is going on behind the scenes?

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We can only hope that he ends up in Tampa so we don't have the chance to make a colossal mistake in trading for him.

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I've heard it suggested that he'd be "a great mentor" to Clemens and the other young QBs and wanted to put that notion to rest.

We may remotely win a Super Bowl with Favre behind center (I don't consider him to be that big an upgrade given his age), but one way or the other, it will be back to square one (or square zero, or square minus-one) afterwards.

So he goddamn better win it all.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

We may have the best mentor in the league in Pennington. If we bring in Favre it won't be for mentoring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.