The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

How can people still want Favre after all this? When he'd rather take a marketing job for less money then play for the NYJ. F this guy. He may be a better QB than CP or KC, but I don't want to deal with his BS all season, his next retirement in 09, and the media drama that goes along with it.

Boggles my mind that some Jets fans can have such low self respect that they STILL want this prick.

No thanks.

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

we hope the packers release him or trade him to us, because for one year we would be a superbowl bound team and with kellen behind favre he can learn alot, if the packers want compensation penny is not bad, they would have a winner and a playoff QB, in return.

3. devils744

devils744 New Member

Thats assuming you get the Favre from last year. You could be getting the Favre from 2-4 years ago when he was the INT King.

4. VeniVidiViridis

VeniVidiViridis New Member

Saying we WOULD be a superbowl bound team is pretty over the top, and Favre would have a little over one month to learn the Jets offense before Miami.

5. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

If the guy doesn't want to play for us then F**K him, we don't want players who don't want to be here, just brings a negative vibe to the camp and we already have that with Chris Baker, we don't need any more.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Can anyone answer for the Packers? I can't understand why they won't just trade him to us for a low-round pick, get him off their hands and dump him here, instead of paying him 20 mill which is rumoured to hit their cap. Someone please explain what I'm missing here

7. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Well, in order to trade Brett, the GBP have to accept him back on the team. Because he's a vested veteran (and he's Brett), Mr. Favre could refuse to report to the team that the GBP wanted to trade him to. In this case, with Brett refusing to go anywhere, the GBP would be forced to take him back on the team, pay him his $12.8 million per year for three more years, and hand him a clipboard and a pair of granny glasses.

The world would watch the great Brett Favre become Aaron Rodgers' towel boy, and would proceed to vilify, tar and feather the HC, the OC, the GM, and the Pres. of the GBP.

This would completely disrupt the GBP and probably cause at least a third of the team to side with Brett and two thirds of the team to side with Aaron Rodgers and the coaches.

The GBP would naturally gravitate to a losing season, there would be some summary firings by the end of the season, and Brett would not be happy, his team mates would not be happy, Aaron Rodgers would demand to be traded, and the board of directors would be facing a recall from the GBP share holders before they had a chance to appoint an executive search committee to look for a new Pres., a new GM, and a new HC.

I think the answer for the Packers is quadruple jeopardy in the scenario you've suggested.

8. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Is it over? No Chance of getting him?

9. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

perfect answer, thanks

10. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

There never was any

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

The guy is a legend in GB and if they can be seen to do right by him by sweetening a deal there fans would be happy too.

What this all says ofcourse is what I've been banging on about since we were associated with him. Brett Favre is wanting to come back to footbal for Brett Favre, and the fact he would suit up for the Vikes tells it's own story.
    We don't want this guy and it's Time Mangini and Tanna made a statement and let our team go on preparing for the season without this distraction.

12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3516300

13. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

If he doesn't want to come here, which by all indications he obviously doesn't then i couldn't care what happens to him. I hope he enjoys his retirement or sitting on the sideline taking notes on Rodgers youthfull play.

14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I am not going to sour grapes Farve, he is a great QB and I am disappointed he is not really interested in playing for us.

But I also understand what is going on. The whole point of all this is Farve is only truely interested in leading the packers again this season. Thats all he wants. But the Packers being so adament about him absolutely not playing for them is stopping him from getting what he wants.

So if he cant get what he wants, the only other thing that will interest him is playing for the Vikings and attemting some form of retaliation against GB. I say retaliation because this is more then an "I told ya so" gesture. He could have pulled off "I told ya so" with many teams. He wants it to be with the Vikes.

This situation is personal.

Farve only wants GB or in a pinch Minnasota. No other team really has a chance unless things get really ugly.

#994 ouchy, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Marketing deal with Favre may impact Packers' salary cap

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d809a9117&template=with-video&confirm=true

#995 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It's comical now watching the reports from NFL network vs. ESPN.

NFL network says he is leaning towards retirement. ESPN says he is leaning towards playing. They are just guessing now.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Have either of them reported a bowel movement yet today?

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

All they said is whether or not it is a successful trip to the john will determine what Brett does.

19. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

If he wasn't at least considering playing for the Jets/Bucs, he would've accepted the marketing offer by now. Right now he's probably deciding between accepting a trade to one of those teams, or taking the marketing offer. Because he knows he's not coming back to GB to be the starter, and they're not going to trade him to Minnesota. So the fact that he hasn't accepted the deal yet is at least a good sign for Jet fans that he's considering playing for a different team besides the Pack & Vikes.

20. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

I hope this is true, I'm a little tired of hearing about it...... Brett ain't no jet.... he wouldn't fit in here anyway

The Brett Favre soap opera appears to be over. Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that Favre will except the marketing deal from the Green Bay Packers and stay retired.

Schefter points out that the decision isn’t final, and that it could change and has changed already. As of right now, however, Favre’s inclination is to take the money and not run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.