The Brett Favre thread. All Favre News Goes Here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

ESPN reporting that Pennington said he was told that the Packers called us about Favre. Next thing you know, its all over the news that the Packers say we asked for permission. Now, per PFT, they're doing the same thing with Tampa. Then, the Packers say they want a first. The whole idea of trading Favre that started several days ago came from the Packers.

Ever since Favre gave that interview to Fox, the Packers have been the fountain of all rumors. Favre himself has said nothing about wanting to be traded, nor have any teams expressed any interest in Favre. It looks like the Packers are playing hardball with Favre here, and spinning the story to make it appear as though a trade is unavoidable. That way, when they do trade his "rights" (Jake Plummer, anybody?) he either goes along with it or stays retired (he still hasn't filed for reinstatement) but either way, the Packers appear to have done everything they could do for Favre and yet they give him nothing he wants.

If traded, I don't know that Favre ever files the paperwork. Well, anyway...Packers camp Sunday, we will know before then.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think you hit the nail on the head. I kind of found it odd that the Jets and Bucs were both given permission to speak with Favre and neither did. It isn't like there is a training camp happening that Favre would need to be a part of if he wanted to learn a whole new offense sometime in his life.

3. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

No, I hate him because he doesn't DELIVER any information. Ever. He just fills the studio with hot air...he always has inside info he can't divulge, but alludes to knowing something. Those Parcells years were painful to listen to.
    It turns out, he knows as much as you and I. Nothing at all.

4. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

How many INTs did Chad and Kellen throw last year? Way more than TDs if I remember correctly.

This is a no brainer, we have a superbowl potential team without a quarterback. Bring in Favre and all of a sudden we have a real legit shot of going all the way. I'd give up a 2nd rounder and penny (if they'd take him). If not, I'd go as far as a 2nd and 4th, just get him here. We need to win now.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I can't really disagree with you. I always just considered him a break from the raving retard when I was forced to listen to their show.

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

This feels like Faneca all over again. "we're the Jets. No one ever wants to come here". blah blah blah.

Let's get our guy Tanny!!

7. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

This would be AWESOME!

8. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

NFL Network is reporting that it isn't likely though....... Also reporting on Gholston now

9. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

All I know is that Favre is loving this right now. He actually figured out a way to become the lead story on Sportscenter in July. Favre is all about himself... just using us to try to generate interest and make himself look like a victim in Green Bay...

10. Dr. Christian Troy

The NFL Network is always LAST to know anything re: the NFL.
    What are they reporting next...here it is...Breaking News: Patriots caught taping Jets game.

11. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

He wants to play for a cold weather team.

12. S.Kolber set Joe up!

I agree. Favre thinks he's the show. And he cries a little too much for my taste.

13. Dr. Christian Troy

He DOES cry a lot. I noticed that after he kicked his painkiller addiction.
    (You'd cry too if they were taking your candy away.)

14. JETSJETS

JETSJETS Member

My favorite player on my favorite team......... I would go broke buying all the Favre sh-t they are going to be selling

I hope this gets done, If so we will instantly have some swagger and attitude on our team...... I also think it will help prepare Clemmons who I still feel has a great deal of potential....... IMHO

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

great...this team just wont ever win now

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

favre comes...pennington is out
    super bowl?

yeah...

17. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

You've gotten be kidding if you would trade 2nd round pick for him. I'd offer them a 7th rounder and be done with it.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

:mad:

If our QB situation is this damn bad, why the fck didn't we do something about it before now so that it wouldn't cost us a fckn draft pick to get a serviceable one?????

Makes me think we really don't have much of a CS or a plan in place..

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We don't even know if the Jets are really interested, all signs point to the Packers contacting the Jets and Bucs proactively.

20. tangini_disciple

tangini_disciple New Member

the packers called the jets for sure. we're the best case scenario for them. we're in the other league and we don't play them this year. the bucs play them on week 4, though in tampa bay. given this, we have a lot of leverage if we're willing to call their bluff. 7th rounder is enough, in my opinion. even if the vikings offer a 1st, they'd rather trade him to the jets for a 7th. heck, if the jets offer a 7th and the bucs offer a 4th, they'd probably trade him to the jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.