The Braylon Edwards Petition Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jul 29, 2011.

1. AZ-JetsFan

AZ-JetsFan New Member

Loved watching what Braylon can do on the field, hate to always see his name pop up in the news. Was really hoping his bad habits and decision makings would stay behind when he left Cleveland but that wasn't the case. When I heard the Cardinals showed interest in signing him I got excited because I could still watch him out here in AZ. I guess we can only wait and see what happens with his one year stint in SF and if he decides to grow up maybe get him back in 2012? Guess I'll be needing to change the name on my No 17 Jersey eh?

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Braylon's Audacity

The guy pretty much took the Plaxico contract to play for a team that isn't as good as us.This to me says either A. He knows he's about to be in alot of trouble for sure or B. He is so jealous of Holmes that he'd rather be on another team than play "Robin". That being said, theres no guarantee he's gonna be the #1 in San Fran also.Crabtree is a beast when healthy and Vernon Davis should get the majority of the balls thrown.Davis is a freak of nature. Given the fact that we struggled to move the ball through the air at times last year and were horrible in the red zone,I don't get why him and Cotchery feel so highly about themselves.He's not a #1 and Cotchery is not a #2 (especially not with Braylon facing a possible suspension and Cotchery not even able to pass his physical).

3. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

he got worse then plax

he got 1 million base that isnt guarenteed

the 3.5 million is only if he gets 90 balls which he wont sniff with noodle arm alex smith delivering the rock

4. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Since I'm here in the Bay Area..I'll get to watch Braylon every week. It will interesting to see how he adjusts to Alex Smith's inconsistencies. I think this a male or break season for him. I'm somewhat concerned about the Jets WR corp. Holmes...Burress..I'm not worried about. But if one of them gets hurt...it doesn;t look good. It also concerned that this Mason courtship is taking too long. If there was interest on bith sides...this should have been done already. I'm worried that Jets may have exposed themselves to a problem they didn't have when the lockout ended.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

How would I feel? I think I'd feel pretty stupid about the fact that having had almost unimaginable wealth and the opportunity to become an elite football player within my grasp, I screwed it up because I was unable to control my alcohol intake and/or my ego.

In ten years' time, who do you think is going to be looking back with regret at the missed opportunity - Braylon or the Jets?

6. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I think he took the money because the WR market was shriveling up..and he needed a job. I think when Michael Crabtree comes back...he's going to be a beast. The problem is Crabtree can't stay healthy. And he still projects this diva attitude that he brought from Texas Tech.

#646 SouthBayJetsfan4life, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  7. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Wow did Edwards over estimate his market.

If only he realized he was a douchebag and resigned for like 4 mil per last season he would have been fine.

8. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

I don't think its the money but more of the legal issues. Something we don't know that the Jets FO knows. Seems to me hes in some sort of trouble. I just heard him for a few seconds in a press conference on NFL network saying he is to blame. If they were to sign him for so little I'm sure many teams including the Jets would have gave him a chance. I wish him good luck in SF.

9. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

He isn't a Jet so who cares. It's amazing that people can't let go.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

This is off topic, but what's the word on Gore and Vernon Davis? Fantasy Football is starting soon, is Gore worth a pick in the late first/early second or is he going to be a gimp again?

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I don't think its surprising - here we are running around trying to get more WR cover signed and there is a player who was a good player and teammate for the Jets that just signed a ridiculously low contract that if we had been told he would sign for a week ago no-one would've believed it (and yes, I understand the reasons why the contract is as it is).

12. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

People seem to forget that he was wanting an 8 million dollar contract when we got Burress. It doesn't matter now they he is on contract with another team and I don't see the Jets trading to get him so why is it still a discussion?

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Is this petition to keep him out of jail or to keep him from being suspended?

Honestly, some time in jail might be the best thing for him. Look what it did to Vick, and our favorite ex-con, Plax is going to be nasty this year.

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Are you trying to say that forced anal sex is good for your football career? I hear Tanny is trying to sign some Dolphins upon hearing that news.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

If "forced" anal is good for your football career, there are no good football players in Miami.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Yeah, he's gone and lamenting about it wont matter worth a shit, but I've gotta say, I was sorta indifferent to him coming back (wouldn't be terribly upset if he came back, and wouldn't be terribly upset if he left). But last night I watched this CBS sepcial, sorta a year in review of last year, and it made him look like a really good Jet. Definitely have a much more favorable image of him. He'll be miserable in SF. Oh well.

17. my85olds442

my85olds442 New Member

have fun watching him drop ball after ball...

18. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

It's scary that a guy who was just in prison for two years is less at risk of getting suspended than Edwards.

19. 624

624 Banned

He dropped 1 ball last season....

20. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

hard not to be upset after all the big plays he made for us.