The Braylon Edwards Petition Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jul 29, 2011.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

braylon is just sad :- ....((((((((((((((((((((((

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It wasn't about money, he thinks the Eagles give him a better shot to win than we do. I really do think we were in it until he made his decision. 5 minutes after it was announced that we were out it was announced Nnamdi to Philly a done deal.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think we'll re-sign Braylon. If not, grab Randy Moss. Fuck it.

If Cro doesn't re-sign, go after Chris Carr or Fabian Washington. They might not be as good as Cro, but they've played man coverage successfully in the past and will be miles cheaper. Re-sign Eric Smith, Digs, and Pool.

Is the sky falling yet?

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

because its obvious he wanted top dollar. We were not giving it to him so why keep us around for so long?

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No it isn't but you're speaking like it's our choice whether or not Smith, Digs and Pool WANT to play for us. And it sure likes like everything is pointing to Braylon walking unless you're totally in denial and think his tweets were about Michigan State. And again, Randy Moss is a downgrade, so I don't think I can just say "fuck it" and carry on.

I will so gladly come back and eat some crow if Braylon resigns because I was part of the "Braylon over Holmes" crew, but I can't see it happening. We fucked that one up bad.

6. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

It sucks big time if Braylon decides to leaves, Jake.

Randy Moss just had his worst season and played for 3 different teams. And he isn't going to sell himself out and run block like Braylon was.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

oh ok, I see what your saying.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

From what was rumored the $12 mil per he got was the max the Jets were willing to do.

9. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i get the feeling he's talking about michigan state.

a couple posts down, he's talking about brady hoke and being michigan period. which is a lil jab at michigan state.

second, of all the people to be mad at.. you think braylon would take it out on bart scott and david harris? the backers wouldn't even be covering him when he came to town.

his warning would translate to..

"you guys will regret not signing me because my new team has a fantastic receiving tight end and slot receiver!"

most likely, he's talking more about brady hoke implementing a new offense at michigan this year or something of that sort.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What we do know is the Jets have the cap space to bring back Eric Smith, Digs, and Pool. If their feelings aren't also hurt, it's a strong possibility. Have they been tweeting about leaving?

I don't think Randy Moss would be THAT big a downgrade from Braylon. When he is motivated, he is deadly. He would probably love to stick it to Belicheat. Big, big hit in the run-blocking dept. I agree with that.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Good luck getting the same kind of run block out of Moss that we got out of Edwards. Underestimate that all you want.

Edit: Edited your post as I was responding.

12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Not to beat a dead horse but didnt someone say that cro aso and edwards had the same agent?

If this is true jerking the jets off with ASO when he was going to sign for top doller would deff increase the pressure cro and braylon had to squezze money out of us...

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The "TWEET" has now reached WFAN.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think Sanchez will be better in year 3 than year 2, regardless. We would be okay without BE.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Obviously I'm in.

16. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

All I know is it's not just about catching balls. If he leaves, it's a big missed opportunity.

Not the end of the world, but when you are talking about beating elite NFL teams, a place we'd all like the Jets to be, you'd like to have as many strengths as you can.

This includes continuity, which has a lot of underlying value beyond just the first thing you think of as continuity.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I think Aso and Cro have the same agent. Edward has a different one.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

So he was talking about Michigan State ? The Wolverines don't play them until mid October, Why just randomly tweet about them ? Seems like way to much of a coincidence. He was most likely talking about the Jets, and he sounds like a little wimp.

19. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i'm pretty sure today is big ten media day.

brady hoke had a press conference which is where the "we're michigan" thing is from.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yes, Hoke is going to run a Pro Style offense at Michigan, not that crap that Rich Rod tried to run. San Diego State had quite a prolific offense last year. I'm sure they were top 20 in yards and scored over 30 a game. Ryan Lindley had a great season and is probably the best QB you've never heard of.