The Braylon Edwards Petition Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jul 29, 2011.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

How much would you want to be the next guy to bring a piece of bad news to Rex?

Talk about kill the messenger....

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

we lost but its obvious, the Jets were played. From the jump, he knew we couldnt get him top dollar but others will (cowboys,texans, etc were higher) , yet kept us in until the last second to pick eagles.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Rex should be mad at himself before he's mad at the messenger. He's the one with a hard on for cornerbacks, so much so that he may have caused 4 of our key players from last year to walk and we end up with squat.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Was this your stance all along? If so, maybe you should fax a resume to Florham Park.

Somehow, I highly doubt you were screaming "no Mike, don't go after Aso, bring back Cro and Braylon!" (If you actually were against the Aso signing during the negotiations, then offer proof and accept my apologies).

Captain Hindsight and his army out in full force tonight.

Mike Tannenbaum is an aggressive GM. We'd seen nothing but benefits from this M.O. up until the Asomugha fuck-job.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kinda just sounds like we gave it our best shot and came up short.

6. BroadwayAaron

Does this work for you?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2186014&postcount=1383

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showpost.php?p=2186525&postcount=1435

7. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

Nnamdi didn't want to really come here. He was looking for a better option. That's why he waited. When the Eagles offered, he knew he found what he wanted. Even though we were in the lead most of the time, we were Plan B.

I really hope that didn't fuck us. I could live w/o Cro, but I NEED Braylon.

8. MeanGreen1983

MeanGreen1983 New Member

I really would love to have Braylon back, I really though we'd get Aso but oh well. I'd rather keep Braylon over Cromartie too, is it safe to say yet that maybe we should be focusing on our OFFENSE now, and enough panicing about having a pro-bowl defensive roster? I was like everbody else at the beginning of the Rex era, hoping to win games 6-3 every week. After we scored 23-38 points in all of our regular season wins last season (and 1 loss so that's 12 games total), maybe we can pay some extra attention to the O going into the 2011 season.

9. Capt. Ace Nick

Braylon tweeted this

OfficialBraylon Braylon Edwards
    Green and white...talk to your backers and teach them to cover in space....

In case he goes to jail for violating his probation I sent him this piece of advice.

AceAndTheBrain Ace And The Brain
    @
    @OfficialBraylon ... Have fun missing your first four games...when your in jail don't drop the soap like you drop a football.

10. JetsFan

I feel we were played because his agent knew the Eagles were in waiting to match the highest deal and as soon as the Cowboys and Jets had given there top offer he was off to the eagles. I think both the Jets and the Cowboys with Rob Ryan were pawns in the game.

They used the lines that he wanted to be in NY and was comfortable with Rob Ryan to get top dollar, knowing another team was waiting to pounce and never gave a curtisy mention to anyone.

Yep, if I was a player that is the agent I would have, seriously, he would fuck anyone to get you/him the biggest payday.

Now if the Jets want Cromartie we have to deal with this f@ck all over again.....

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

12. BroadwayAaron

Somehow I think he will end up with the last laugh.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He already got sentenced to probation but all in all it seems like you gave it your best shot

14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

This, and nothing but this. WE need him

15. BroadwayAaron

An answer like that just screams "I WAS WRONG! BUT I NEED TO COVER IT UP!"

I don't really care what you think about what my thought process was, but I said it in the first words of one of those posts, I don't like how we handled it one bit. And I outlined every single thing that is happening as we speak and people told me to calm down and take a breath.

16. JetsFan

I believe he was talking about college football, not the Jets

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So how is that getting played?

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You should calm down and take a breath, because Braylon Edwards hasn't signed with Miami yet, and the Jets will add another CB.

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

you got me :sad: but I do think it was all about money and he should of said no from the beginning.

20. BroadwayAaron

What CB available makes us better than last year? Assuming it's not Cro. But hey, we had the answer all along right in our back pocket and ignored it.

What WR available makes us better than last year? Assuming it's no Braylon. But hey, we had the answer all along right in our back pocket and ignored it.

No matter how you slice it, judging by the players available, unless it's Cro and Edwards, we are downgrading at each position.