The Bills are going down!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PleaseWinSuperBowlJets, Sep 21, 2006.

1. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

while he had a broken bone in his leg....

but that was then....

This is gonna be a good game...its gonna lead to alot of cursing..the jets need to force turnover if we are gonna win it...this game wont be won with 50+ passes by pennington

2. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Dude that really makes no kind of sense.

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

:rofl: Now that is gold...Hillarious man.

4. Forward_Lateral

Forward_Lateral New Member

I've been here for about 10 minutes, and I can see there's about as much football knowledge here as there is at Profootballcentral.com

5. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

6. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

ahhh the music city miracle...cant wait for sunday

j-e-t-s jets jets jets!

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

In as simple English as I can possibly put it, the opposite teams QB is throwing at him almost every single play, since Nate Clements is a shutdown corner and McGee sucks. McGee's WR sees so many balls that McGee gets more opportunities to make plays than most CBs in the league, and while McGee does convert plays, he also gets scorched a whole lot as well.

8. Forward_Lateral

Do you even watch football? This might be the dumbest post I've ever read.

9. xxedge72x

Whats so dumb about saying Clements is good and McGee blows, therefore the QBs target McGee? Honestly I don't understand whats dumb about that? If you were a QB, and you were facing a team with one awesome CB, and one really shitty CB, who are you going to throw at? The awesome CB? If you do then chances are you won't last in the league too long.

Lets say Clements is covering Coles, and McGee is on Cotchery, Coles might get 6 looks, and Cotchery might get 11. Assuming all catches are made, and all tackles are made, then McGee finishes the game with 11 tackles, while Clements only has 6. Obviously it doesn't always work out like that, but the fact is McGee's stats look much better... it looks like he was more involved with the defense than Clements... but stats don't tell the story now do they.

10. BuffaloBills06

As a Bills fan that watches every game, Mcgee is our best cover corner. He is a playmaker and you should know because he seems to always have good games against the Jest. I dont understand your hate for Mcgee but he has proven to just about everyone in the league that he is a very good corner. He shut down Chris Chambers last week and how many DB can you say can do that? When Mcgee shuts down your WR's this Sunday I want to see what negetive things you have to say about him. All your post is saying is basically when given the oppertunity he makes plays. I have a question for you what CB in the NFL is an absolute shut down corner? There is no such thing as an absolute shut down corner.

11. xxedge72x

I agree with your last statement, there's no such thing.

What do you say to a sig bet? I'll sport a Terrence McGee sig until the next Jets/Bills meeting if McGee shuts down whatever Jet he's covering this week. However, if his assignment puts up either 100 yards, 8 catches, or a TD, then you get a sig for that player, and wear it until the next Jets/Bills meeting at whatever message board you come from?

12. BuffaloBills06

I'll take that bet but the only problem is I dont know how to put a sig in my profile. Not that I will need to learn how to since Mcgee will be shutting down who ever he assigned to.

13. Forward_Lateral

It's hard to have a set assignment in the "Cover 2" ZONE defense. Maybe you should do some football research before you go sputtering out wrong, useless information.

14. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

It's gonna be kinda hard for Penney to hit many passes when he's going to be running for his life, throwing passes away to avoid sacks, and picking himself up off the ground after getting sacked... :up:

15. xxedge72x

[​IMG]

16. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

Cimini actually gave me some confidence in his latest blog entry:

http://blogs.nydailynews.com/jets/archives/2006/09/preparing_for_buffalos_soldier.php

"After listening to Mangini in today’s press conference, I got the feeling the Jets were preparing for the ’85 Bears. Or maybe the ’02 Bucs are a better comparison, because the Bills are now employing a Tampa-style defense. It’s a 4-3 scheme, with an under tackle, and a lot of Cover-2 in the secondary. The entire scheme is predicated on speed and pursuit.

Mangini arrived with stats, noting that the Bills sacked Daunte Culpepper five times in the first 18 plays last week - a factoid he, no doubt, shared with the team. Yes, the Bills are playing fast, but let’s not anoint them just yet. Is Bruce Smith out there? Cornelius Bennett? No.

Truth is, they’re a young defense, maybe too young. Last week, they had three rookie starters and three other rookies who played key roles on defense. If the Jets come with a smart game plan - i.e. screens, misdirection plays - they can force the Bills to over pursue and exploit it."

17. MeanGreenfightingmachine

Thats ridiculous.. you don't think the Dolphins were throwing screens and running misdirection plays? They were, and so were the Pats... Both passing games got shut down... The misdirection on the run is one of the plays the Bills can stop... It's when you run it right at them that they have a problem stopping.

18. BuffaloBills06

BINGO!!!!!

19. GreenMachine

Than leave. Don't insult TGG and think no one will notice...I know for a fact their is more knowledge on this board, than in the entire cess pool of Buffalo.

20. lightning

lightning Active Member

Well thats not very nice.