The battle for Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Jul 25, 2011.

1. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

It's really this simple: Holmes is more valuable at his position than Cro is at his.

Cro is a #2 corner who wants to get paid like a #1.

Holmes is a legit game-changing talent who can turn your team's fortunes around with a single play.

Money aside, the choice is pretty obvious. I'm willing to take my chances with Revis-Wilson if it means having such a solid WR duo in Holmes and Braylon.

2. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

Couldnt agree more

3. carlito1171

carlito1171 Member

Sorry to say but Holmes is as good as gone.....Santonio will get the check book thrown at him by a team who has to reach the Cap floor.....Tanny would love to get him signed but the price is gonna be too steep in a bidding war....

Holmes goes....but it's okay because i'm confident Tanny has a trick or 2 up his sleeve

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Really??? Tell us more!!!

5. Teenager of the Year

If Holmes does sign a ridiculous contract somewhere else will that pretty much guarantee a compensatory draft pick, or are they given out based upon the $$ difference when all player movement is finished? if that makes sense!

6. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

That's because you're stupid. Braylon was huge for this team last year. The future of this team rests under center. The focus of this off-season should be about bringing back all of number 6's weapons to play with. If it means Cro needs to walk and we rely on a cheap option at safety then so be it.

I love Santonio, but the offense aside from the Ravens debacle functioned just fine without him. If they're going to stay a running team, they need a tall rangy wideout that can also block like a bastard and go over the middle.

The worst kept secret in the NFL is the Redskins off-season plan. Cut McNabb, ship out Haynesworth, and throw a boatload of cash at Holmes. Being that the NFL is all about cost-effective decisions, the better value will be re-signing Braylon and grabbing a free agent receiver, of which there are plenty.

7. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

He's not an RFA I believe , no teams owe us anything.

If that were the case I'd help a campaign for Holmes to the Skins, we'd have a top 5 pick.

8. Teenager of the Year

Cheers ^^^

They really could have simplified things across the board whilst sorting out this new deal!

9. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I feel like for some reason Braylon Edwards has gained a reputation as a possession receiver in many Jets fans' minds.

This is the same guy who knocked out home runs with Derek effing Anderson throwing him the ball. He blocks like a champ, he does a great job running his routes and getting open, he can fight off corners for jump balls, he can create after the play and he can burn people deep.

They key knock on Edwards is that he just lost the mental game after his breakout season and couldn't catch for shit. It seemed like that was going to continue being his Achilles heel during his first season here... but he did a pretty damn good job fixing that problem last season. Credit where it's due; BE dropped fewer balls than Cotchery or Holmes last season.

Braylon Edwards is the more complete wide receiver. I think he's going to impress a lot of people this season who've disregarded his ability.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Holmes' agent is about to be on ESPN2, apparently.

11. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

I agree with your statement.

12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

you dont get compensatory picks from other teams, you get them from the league the next year

i dont know how it works in the new cba, but in the old one if we lost holmes and didnt sign a fa to replace him we would get a pretty good pick in 2012 (late third round)

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

what did he say? I also heard he was on 1050 but i couldnt listen to it because the feed from my phone stopped working.

14. Teenager of the Year

That was what I was meant, but I worded it poorly. The picks doled out by the league and not the ones where you tender players by round etc.

15. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

He basically said that he's seeking a top of the line deal for Santonio but he also sort of tipped his hand when asked about a possible hometown discount. He said that Holmes likes Sanchez as his quarterback and that he "loves Rex".

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Holmes isn't talking about Rex Ryan. He loves Rex Grossman!!!!!11!!!

He's going to the Redskins. We're fucked.

17. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

That's all swell and all, but I think he's plugging the Jets to kick start a bidding war. I'm sure if the teams match (or nearly match), Tone would pick the Jets. But they won't.

I'm okay with that. Tone's done a hell of a lot more in this league than he's been paid for, so if he wants to go play for top-dollar cellar-dwellers, that's his prerogative.

18. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

crack kills!!!!!

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

If Holmes goes to Washington, he's going to be a pissed, outspoken WR who questions the CS.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The battle for the CBA is over, the Battle for Holmes Deep is about to begin!