The Article Is Not Out Yet But The Back Page Says It All

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Feb 18, 2006.

1. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Not a good day in Jets history

Bye chad thanks for the memories

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

If they wanna let him go and draft Cutler, there better be a veteran QB coming in who is capable of starting or else we sould be the new Buffalo Bills. I hope Mangini doesn't think he can draft Cutler and have an instant Brady or Roethlisberger. And, if this is the case we sure as hell better get at least 2, maybe 3 linemen to protect a rookie QB and not totally kill his confidence. If we trade down in round one and maybe get Ferguson, or pick up another secnd rounder and take a tackle and guard in round 2, I dunno. I do know that pputting a rookie QB behind this o-line would be disaster.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I SERIOUSLY doubt Mangini is expecting a rookie QB to carry us to the promise land in one year. Mangini is building this team for the future. You start by getting your future QB which apparantly he thinks is Cutler

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Another article with a lot of unnamed quotes, and speculation.

This could happen, but I'll wait until something more concrete comes out to be sure.

5. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

It pains me to think of another season of miserable football as well. As Jet fans, we've endured so many.......

6. Allentown Ernie

It is a sad thing to say, but all of us Jet fans know that Chad was the real deal when he was 100 percent, However, He can'not fire the ball now or will be able to do so this year. We all know what happened last year and now his arm has got to be worse than it was before. The team management has been hearing from the medical staff on his rehab and the news can't be good. As a result they offered the incentive laden contract, very little guarenteed money. We now need to rebuild this team in many areas. Draft a new guy or get a veteran. I'm sorry, but he I think he can't cut the musturd any more. Allentown Ernie.

7. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

I think it's premature to kiss Chad goodbye. I think Mangini and Tannenbaum are playing hardball with Condon. They have swung the pendulum all the way to an extreme w/the $1 million proposal, firing a shot across Pennington's bow to show how serious they are on a renegotiation. Now, Condon can negotiate a better deal for Pennington but it will still be far below what Chad would have earned if nothing was done. I think there's skin in the game for both sides: Chad will make zip on the open market, but the Jets can't take a $10-$12 million cap hit in one year and hope to compete. And I'm not saying there's illusions of competing for a Super Bowl next year, but Mangini's also not ready for the Tidy Bowl either. I would also say this: if you take the cap hit by realeasing Chad, how can the Jets be in a position to shell out the money on a #4 pick at quarterback? Ironically, in order for the Jets to draft a quarterback of the future (be it Cutler or Young), they need to have Chad in the fold next year.

8. nohope

nohope New Member

He'll stay im confident he will

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Any QB the Jets draft is not going to start next year, unless another disaster occurs (whatever veteran they get goes down), so their 2006 record actually has little to do with getting Cutler, or Young, or whoever.

10. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Sadly but I agree.

I ain't buying the hype of Jay Cutler.

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I have nothing but respect for Chad he was a great Jet and brought us some great memories but Mangini and Tannenbaum are doing the right thing. Lets face it coming back from two torn rotator cuffs is nearly impossible. My main argument for cutting ties all along has been even if Chad comes back by some miracle and say he is healthy for a full 16 games in 06. He is still one hit away from his career being over and your season going down the drain. You can't have that kind of instability at QB. You can't have a QB that you have to pray can make it through 16 games. You need a guy like a Brady, Manning, Favre, and I'm not talking about talent wise (although that would help) I mean a guy who your team can count on to be out there every week and give them a chance to win.

#31 JoeWillie130, Feb 18, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  12. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Bye Chad. Thanks for 2002. :(

We are TRULY starting a new era of Jets fotball.

13. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

There are no similarities to Cutler and Smith at all. Smith is not known for having a strong arm and he doesn't have the size Cutler has (Cutler has 20 pounds on him) . Smith blew up in his last year throwing 32 TD's to something rediculous like 3 INT's but he played in the mountain west conference against much easier competition than Vandy faces in the SEC. Cutler faced LSU, Florida, Georgia, and Tenesee and somehow got Vandy (a school who is at a disadvantage due to stricter admission policies) to be competitive.

14. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I always felt this would be the best way to go. Start fresh. Chad was never going to be the answer here.

15. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

well we all knew this was eventually going to happen, I hope he comes back strong where ever he plays next year and if it is in KC i will laugh at my friend at work who roots for KC all season long, he's already not happy that herm is their coach so this would be icing on the cake.

16. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Chad Pennington = Tim Couch

17. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

Chad was the answer. It's just that time has passed.