The Announced TGG Departure

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Waterboy, Oct 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I always wondered, after posting here for 20+ years, why do people announce they're leaving the site. Seen many over the years, many that then return. Are they expecting some kind of mod intervention to try and have them stay?

Our most recent departure warning said, "Tell you what, I'll just quit the board...". A few months later he is back singing a different tune, "Actually, I'm not back, nor will I ever come back full time.". 10 days and 120 posts later he is still posting.

Could you imagine how many posts there would be if he came back full time? I'm kidding, it is more posts per day than when he was here "full time".

Announcing a departure and never coming back? Most still wouldn't care one way or the other. Announcing your departure and then coming back? Guess some will just tuck their tails between their legs and resume posting.

Hemi, IDFjet, jets_fan and 2 others like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Announcing your departure is just an attention-getting mechanism. Most of the people who do that will come back because they need the attention.

Hemi, IDFjet and The Waterboy like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Waterboy. I know who you are talking about. In that particular case, I was the one who messaged him many times and asked him to consider writing again. I also reach out to some other old posters hoping they can come back and post. If you are interested, I go back to TGG archive to year 2015. I check game threads. I check each member to see when they last logged in. If their last log in is within last 3 months, I send them a nice message to see if they would be interested to come back. We were in our glory days back in 2011. Now not so much. We lost to twitter and other social media. We are bunch of Jet faithful here.

Remember, I also gave up posting here a while ago when I was dealing with my drinking problem to recollect. I didn't announce a departure but if I did that would be pretty normal too. I am locking this thread with your permission. Please IM me if you want to talk further on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.