The AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Sep 29, 2014.

1. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

Sadly the scenario your laying out puts us in good shape........ Can you be in good shape at 3-5? Lol

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

While the Jets are 1 game out of 1st place and control their destiny with 6 division games left, that is why it is so upsetting the Jets blew the games vs the NFC North. All were winnable. If the Jets win two of them, they are 3-1 and in CRUISE CONTROL with the rest of the schedule. Instead, they are in a hole and likely won't get out of it. Very unfortunate.

The 1985er and Jay Bizniss like this.
  3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

4. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Yes, we lost to these teams, BUT its not like we didn't have chances to win all 3 games! The way everyone is talking about the big bad NFC, you would have thought we got blown out in every one of those games... this team can only get stronger.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Jets are fucked so long as Rex can't grow a pair and bench Geno Smith instead of worrying about his feelings. Benching him will actually HELP him, he's just not ready.

Rex is making the same mistakes he made with nacho all over again and this time it's going to cost him his job

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is Rex not benching him. I think it's Idzik.

I thought it was Rex until I heard that press conference where Rex made a statement basically insinuating he's not the one who makes the decision.

7. buffalo2214

buffalo2214 Member

First time poster on this board, not gonna trash anyone but I think this warrants an explanation. Manuel was wildly inaccurate in his last 2 games, more importantly, they were losses within the conference. With the division basically up for grabs for anyone but NE, a change had to be made. Not to mention with new management taking over, I don't think Marrone risks a 4-5 win season by staying with Manuel knowing the Pegulas are watching. Our offense has a lot of talent, but they only look as good as Manuel could make them.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

More like
    Jets - Loss, Loss, Loss, Win (2-6)
    Pats - Loss, Win, Win, Loss (4-4)
    Dolphins- Loss, Loss, Win, Loss (3-5)
    Bills - Loss, Loss, Win, Loss (3-5)

That is all based on us beating the Bills. By then Orton will have a ot of playing time with the WRs and it is a toss-up. Woody stated 8-8 would not be good enough, so Rex better by polishing his resume. Polish that turd!

9. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Not a positive but 1. They don't hurt us with playoff tiebreakers 2. These aren't "playoff teams" we have to worry about if we get to the playoffs (and we need to be healthy and on a hot streak to do anyway).

10. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Wouldnt be suprised if 8-8 wins the division this year. Will probably come down to tie breakers.